Solo queue survivor is the worst dbd experience.

2»

Comments

• DaddyPyramidHead
    DaddyPyramidHead Member Posts: 33

I don't know which is worst tbh solo in this or solo in resistance. My god i've met some of the dumbest people in both.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

You leave my Claudette alone.

Honestly though, solo can be miserable. I'm weird I guess. I go to play killer when solo has gotten on my nerves. That's why I never understand why killers ######### so much. Even if you get a 4 man death squad you still can end up with good points.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498

not really one of my favrioute games and i usally play solo q

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337

lol then you have no doubt met me! ;-) When it comes to this game - oh yeah I've done my share of stupid.

Claud I get. Especially a Blendetee or my fav a squad of them lol, but Nea? Why poor nea?

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I agree that Solo Survivor is awful! Sandbaggers, scary Survivors and let's not forget the ones that decide to help the killers catch you. What gets me the most is when you're doing gens AND getting rescues that are across the map, but when you get hooked, no one comes to rescue you. I can't stand it, but I refuse to do 4 man SWF because those games aren't fair for killers. I can get to purple rank on solo, but would likely be red with SWF. And ranking doesn't matter, I've had red ranks play just as poorly as a yellow rank in trials. Solo is just a frustrating experience.

• DaddyPyramidHead

Nea comes in 2 forms from what i've seen boosted af or toxic af. Very rarely is there a good nea.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

I think the biggest reason for this is due to the horrible habits we pick up as killers climbing through the ranks. When I was rank 6 to 16 I was wrecking the survivors 80% of the time or more. Just absolute destruction. When I got to rank 5, I started to see a need to become more cerebral. It took a while, but I did learn better habits and tricks. The skill-level of survivors jumped several notches once I hit rank 3-4. When I play solo survivor, I see a lot of bad survivors and really bad killers. Killers that rely too much on tunneling or NOED to carry them through matches. It works because as bad as they are, the survivors are even worse. They do nothing to help that killer learn to grow. Out of curiosity I started watching a few killer mains stream. They were a handful of ones I ran into during playing solo matches who were ridiculously bad, but still got 3k's. I watched them over a few weeks as they leveled up. I tried to warn them as they started hitting purple ranks that they should try some matches without NOED. They should try pressuring the gens more and not returning to the hook after every unhook. These guys would literally leave a chase to run back to the hook. None of them listened.

Fast-forward a bit and they are rank 5, but not for long. They start getting absolutely destroyed by both SWF and solo groups that are mostly rank 2-4. They start crying about survivor being OP. There is no doubt that a coordinated SWF is OP, but most of these were not those SWF groups. The problem was the bad habits and total lack of skills these killers established as they leveled up. Everyone of them ran the same perks every game. BBQ, NOED, PGTW and then a mix of a few others, like MYC, BW, etc. They completely relied on NOED to save them and would even say so during games. "....we're really behind in this one, they are good, but NOED will get us a few kills at the end..." All of a sudden, NOED was not working. Either the survivors were able to out game them, or cleansed the totems. A couple of since started opening up to advice, but the rest are still in denial that they are not as good as they think they are. Being in red and purple ranks does not mean you are good, everyone can get there.

Solo survivor gameplay not only sucks for many solo players, it does a very bad job preparing newer killers for the red ranks. It's a shame because this game should be fun for both sides.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

It is the worst experience.

For those saying "don't rely on teammates" ... well my response to that what happens when you are the only one being chased and no one is touching a gen? The gens ( as easy as holding M1 is) aren't gonna do themselves. This game is about working as a team not just relying on yourself alone for everything.

This is why I enjoy killer more, but Survivor with friends.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Most people that ######### about everything don’t play both sides. If you’re super into one side the game is going to be stressful no matter what. There’s definitely a power imbalance, but it’s not the end of the world.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited July 2020

Okay I feel kinda silly - but what is af? I did an internet search for the term and came up with zippo. Help?

*Jumps out of her skin*

o,O is that why Ghost face and myself, the first time we met - both looked like we had seen ghosts? LOL Man he freaked me out out crouched down at my level. I was Nea crouched down. We sat there staring - it was hilarious. Then I ran right into him OMG the tears streaming down my facing laughing as he smacked me around and hooked me.

• MaybeShesCrazy

@DaddyPyramidHead lol thank you! 🤣

• DaddyPyramidHead

no problem😂😂

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

If you're playing killer against solo queue it's easy as pìss.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279

Yeah people pick perk that takes the least effort. Once it doesn't work anymore they blame balance. The fact that killer are solo and don't see other killer play aside from twitch streamer doesn't help either. As a survivor you can tell when a survivor is running the killer for multiple gen and you can't that you aren't good. But as a killer especially those that rely on crutch like noed. They face a huge wall after navigating through the rank so easily. Without noed those tunneling tactics wouldn't work, they would either not rank up or switch tactics.

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 151

I fully agree, and I think the sooner we limit survivor groups of more than two the sooner we can balance the game properly for survivor and killer.

This discussion has been closed.