Fixing Worthless Perks day 8

Every day I will propose changes to 1 survivor perk and 1 killer perk to make them not unusable garbage like most perks are.

Survivor Perk: Camaraderie - Life has taught you the importance of friendship, you would do anything for them. Increase the bloodpoint gain from any actions in the Altruism category by 100%. When healing an injured survivor, you have the option to lose one health state to immediately full heal their health and exhaustion. When healing a survivor in the dying state, you may lose one health state to give them the Endurance status effect for 30 seconds when they are healed.

Killer Perk: Gearhead - You've got an ear for well oiled gears. After hooking a survivor, Gearhead activates. Highlight any generator being worked on in a yellow aura, the aura lingers for 10 seconds after survivors stop working on it. Gearhead lasts until the next time a survivor is injured.

Justifications: Camaraderie as is now is a minor counter to hook camping at best. But the game has a built in mechanic to punish camping called "doing gens" so I find its effect mostly useless. This change would promote more aggressive altruistic play while providing a counter to my Gearhead changes.

Gearhead as is now is reliant on the RNG of skill checks and is still a weak tracking perk even after activation. This change would bring it more up to par with perks like Surveillance or Discordance. Also, it has a stricter requirement, needing a hook instead of just 2 hits for the buff.

I have proposed 16 perk changes so far. BHVR has made perk changes since I started.

Comments

• YeetoDorito
    YeetoDorito Member Posts: 55

camaraderie is a better for the people/too op

gearhead is a worst surveillance

not surprised bhvr has made no perk changes since you started as well

• JustaPotato
    JustaPotato Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2020

The second half of camaraderie is too strong. It's an overpowered For The People that doesnt apply broken to the player. Also 30 seconds is way too long for endurance. People have a problem with soul guard and its only 8 seconds. Neither of those should be put into it. It would make For The People never be used since Camaraderie has no drawbacks and recovers exhaustion. Its way too strong as a survivor perk when taking into account all the painful synergies that killers would go against with it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I like your last paragraph in those posts

its not like you made perfekt perk proposed that could be translated as is in the game. And BHVR creates and implemented and tested all those perks to begin with and it wouldn’t be wise to make so many perk changes all at once/in a short span of time..

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

You act like I'm on their payroll and have any ability whatsoever to test balance in changes. BHVR is lazy af with perks and I can't imagine why you go out of your way to defend them.

Insult my ideas all you want, but don't defend them.

• YeetoDorito
    YeetoDorito Member Posts: 55

Ah okay. You ask for opinions on the perk ideas you posted but can't take criticism or someone else's thoughts on them? How about you read JustaPoato's response on camaraderie and see that I was right/they also agreed.

Secondly, I'm not defending BHVR but without them you wouldn't be here.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Camaraderie is way too overpowered and makes For The People useless, losing JUST a health state to instantly heal AND remove exhaustion means you can technically use it every 16 seconds. (not counting other perks, items, or add ons that reduce this time) 30 seconds of Endurance after healing someone is also way too strong for the loss of a health state (16 seconds for 30 seconds of protection? Entity's Sake) and no other way to get endurance is that easy to apply or that long. (Borrowed Time is 15, Soul Guard is 8, Styptic is 8, and Mettle Of Man is technically infinite but you need 3 Protection Hits which isn't a common occurrence and takes A LOT of time to pull off)