Hate messages

Options
RainiestDay
RainiestDay Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I know the dead by daylight community can be toxic but I'm getting so tired and bored of getting so many hate messages. Even when I play survivor, I do really well that match and help the team, there is just that one person who bitches about me costing them game because even tho I rescue them of the hooks, I get flamed for not risking my points and survival for them. They expect me to farm and troll the game with them. Then they die because they screwed themselves over bc they were just flashlighting the killer and following him all game. So they DC and blame their poor decisions on the team. I dont like farming...its boring so I like to play strategically and do the objective.

I believe that when you play survivor and you die, it's on you most of the time not the killer or other survivors. If u dont know how to loop or juke then you're gonna end up getting screwed most of the time. I dont like leaving teammates behind to die, even if someone does that to me, I just jump Into the next match because at the end of the day, it's just a game.

Flaming them back will just make them even more aggressive. Should I reword what I say? Or should I not respond at all. I have a list of people that I blocked that are only from this game from harrassment. They send you essays of insulting how you play and cussing you out.

They say the most ignorant things like "how are you at this rank? You're bad, even if I died, I still played better than you" or "you're a red rank but act like a rank 20"

"You are so selfish for not helping us"

Its gets really annoying because I try my best every match while I also try to have fun.

What are your thoughts. How do yall usually respond to people? I've considered leaving this game because of how toxic and terrible people can be if things dont go their way.

Comments

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

If you find someone giving you valid criticism/feedback as hate messages, then you're a lost cause ngl

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

I turn off messages and kept my account showing offline toward non friend.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Ppl take it all very serious. It can promote some good competition but it also produces a lot of venomous words.

not sure when it all got so bad.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    Options

Oh on both ps4 and pc, ive had my fair share of insults, death threats and all sorts of nastiness from survivors. I have had some from killers before but it's like for every 1 I get from a killer, I've had 100 from survivors.

Dont let it get you mate, these people are just cowardly man children who feel empowered by the anonymity of the internet. Just turn off messages or immediately block those people if you dont want to be bothered by it anymore

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

on both ps4 and pc i turn any message off all because of this game.

• DaddyPyramidHead
    DaddyPyramidHead Member Posts: 33
    Options

Just report and move on. If they want to keep doing it eventually they will be banned.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,289
    Options

Honestly I keep all messages on my profile because I think its funny how mad people get over a video game, 31 pages of steam comments at the moment which is around 180 different people being clowns and the other two being someone who asked if I store my cat in a bank and me saying always

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

just report them

• Sleep_Deprave
    Sleep_Deprave Member Posts: 22
    Options

I usually say "Thx dude wp" they get confused by my niceness cause it not fueling their hate. I laugh everytime they don't respond back. But this is from an xbox gamer, it might b different on other platforms.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I go the opposite way. Mmr blessed me with a very new survivor. Was playing legion and guy went down 3 times for not mending. I stopped playing and messeged him that he needed to mend. He said he didn't know that. He ended up bleeding out because he was on death hook and I felt bad. His team never went to get him.

He appreciated my advice. So I felt good about that game.

• AshesofDreams
    AshesofDreams Member Posts: 20
    Options

I play on PS4 and I had already turned my messages off from non-friends years ago because of spambots. I assume other platforms have the same thing? Just turn the messages off if you can (I know PC has a chatbox in-game that may be harder to ignore). I guess if your problem is other survivors when you're survivor, it might be worthwhile trying to find a group of people you like, either online or from irl friends, that will play with you to reduce the amount of time you have to play with randos?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,104
    edited July 2020
    Options

I kinda did the same with another survivor against pig. The pig wanted to to see the rbt trap pop and kept tryna to bring them to the exit. I told the survivor they get a free escape due to the pig going pass the line of the 2 pillar.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

Disable messaging and friend requests, then enjoy the peace and quiet.