Japanese Community manager say「To use VCtool is OK」

Options

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Voice chat? Yes it's ok. You will not be banned for using voice chat.

• yakiudon
    yakiudon Member Posts: 116
    Options

how do you think VC party spoils some killer's park,ability and survivers can get many advantage without park?

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

If this is the case, why are perks not being balanced with VC in mind? Because they clearly aren't. I'm a relatively new player and even I can see the issues. It's actually really surprising.

If the stance here was reversed, it would be plausible to say "We don't balance perks with VC in mind, because we don't support or endorse the use of voice chat."

But when it's not only being given a pass, but endorsed and advertised?

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

This is sort of an unsolvable issue. You can't prevent people from using voice chat because that's ridiculous. You can't balance around voice chat because tons of people don't use it. An in-game chat/voice chat could help but would introduce problems with how utterly unhinged a part of this community can be, which would cause disturbances mid-match.

Maybe a limited ping system could help?

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

one way to make things 'fairer' at leats to soloQ would maybe be more emotes to use instead of just Pointing and Follow. Maybe add nodding and headshake (or thumbs up and crossed arms) for yes and no.

• Halun
    Options

Lol you absolutely can balance around voice chat. You do so by making it's use irrelevant. So no bonuses gained from perks if you're using VC, and no "losses" if you aren't.

The issue is that they clearly weren't considering VC when they developed certain perks. And if they were? Then I have no idea what they were thinking.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Uh, bonuses to perks by using VC are only a part of what makes VC so powerful. The information and strategy increase alone puts it eons above non-VC, and that's before perks are ever factored in. That's why it's an unsolvable problem. Best you can do it minimize the benefits, but realistically you just can't.

• Halun
    Options

But where does the majority of overpowered information come from? Perks like OoO, etc.

Of course there will always be certain balancing issues because of extraneous information supplementing strategy that is gained simply by using VC. But that doesn't mean they should ignore clearly outstanding issues that just make the situation even worse.

I swear I'm not trying to be insulting, but your attitude sounds like this to me: "It's so broke, there's no point to even try and fix it". Whereas I'm of the mind that we should try our best to mitigate the problems that we can to lessen the gap, even if it doesn't ultimately solve the issue as a whole.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Swf and voice coms makes bhvr money so they literally don't care.

Friends have an easier time while talking. They enjoy the game so spend money and encourage each other to buy the same things.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ all that matters.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,642
    Options
  • Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 316
    Options

Make no mistake friends, there's a simple way to take care of this:

Make comms an in-game feature and balance around it.

I say simple not easy, because that would involve overhauling the entire game and the devs are simply not going to do that. It's way easier to leave things be and just profit from overpriced cosmetics.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

The issue here is that Europe exists. I live in England and can speak a small amount of German (I can badly say "I've done the gen" or "I want to be healed") but throw me in with someone speaking French and I've lost it. There are, if I remember my school assemblies correctly, over 200 variations of languages spoken in Europe (including the differences between German German, Austrian German, and Swiss German, to use them as an example). Not everyone can speak English and balancing around comms when all I can hear is Russian being screamed in my ear won't work.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,502
    Options

That's a very good point, and one that I've mentioned before on this forum - Europe has so many different languages and not everyone speaks English OR should have to.

I personally have no issue playing against SWF with or without voice communications, it's usually the most fun matches that I have because people actually want to get involved and are not crouch walking around the map and not making saves etc. There are very few SWF teams that are highly skilled players, in my experience it is mostly people playing around with their friends making crazy saves and just having some fun.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Yea, and companies aren't at all responsible for their product once the money starts rolling. Just ask Disney!

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

I was responding to someone saying that Bhvr only care about money. They'll do what's in their best interests to keep the money coming in.

Hence why I said "it's almost like Bhvr are a company :0" because that's exactly what companies do.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

How is that a problem that is solved by no VC support? That is literally a personal problem. Plenty of high stakes games exist with VC, it's really not an issue in those so I don't get this point.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

If you want to read why voice chat support wouldn't work,

There.

"Oh so balance around swf even if people aren't using comms" aight hope you don't want solo survivor to exist ever again

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

I agree that companies will do what they will do, what I don't agree with is not holding the companies accountable for mistakes or things they shouldn't do. This game SHOULD be balanced around VC now, as it would make the game much fairer. They take all these measures to nerf things around game mechanics to preserve a sense of balance, but literally one of the things tiliting the scales the most is the difference between vocal information for many.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

"This game SHOULD be balanced around VC now"

Once again can I interest you in the entire ######### continent of Europe?

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

What? When did I imply that? You can balance the game around the use of comms because there will be an in game, proximity based VC in a perfect world. Again, you repost a point that has no bearing on reality. So what if Europe has alot of different languages? I literally played games with Germans on VC in this game and we did fine.

I don't even know why you would in good faith argue this point, it's not like we have 30an lobbies and you'll hear a bunch of synchronized squeeking, and at worst with proximity based chat, you won't even hear the other survivors for most of the game unless you're huddled up.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Okay you implied that when you said it. That's why there were quotation marks because I took it straight form your post.

The issue with voice chat in places with multiple languages is that not everyone will speak English, or whatever language. If you're in a lobby with an English person, a French person, a Spanish person, and an Austrian person chances are you're not all going to be able to understand each other.

Plus many people don't want to speak on voice comms. I've had friends who've taken months to speak to me over voice despite texting frequently because they've got anxiety.

There's going to be the obligatory trolls there too, not to mention how serious everyone gets.

Adding voice comms will not work. The devs need to buff solo information instead, then superbuff killers. That's literally all that needs to happen.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

Dude, this isn't a good point, you can drop it anytime. Language barrier does not stop games from having VC ever, and in pretty miserable ch every game that exists with it, the difference in play with vs. without it is observable.

You keep talking about the entire continent of Europe like other continents don't have pretty much the same issues. In America, we have our neighbors south of the border who have up to 448 different languages, our neighbors to the north, Canada, has at least 60 distinct dialects and languages itself. And as aforementioned, we sometimes get our games with Japan, which is likely for Americans one of the hardest languages to learn and no I don't know anything other than konoichiwa.

It's not an excuse.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Ah so you really don't wanna listen to the exact ######### reasoning the devs have given on the topic of why comms aren't baseline?

Okay.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

What? Stop with the logical fallacy for like 10 minutes dude. And lol at quoting me, quotes don't work if you don't use exactly what I've said, that's putting words in my mouth.... Which is weird because the part I was questioning is implying I said I don't want Solo's to work in game... That's literally the point of VC. Also, the best part about in game VC.. you don't have to speak to anyone else, you get the benefit of all the info without having to party up or fire up discord, and better yet you can PLAY SOLO and get better information, potentially.

And trolls? Is that even an issue at this point? Like I'm pretty sure the cream floats and crap sinks, so someone whose constantly trolling their own team will sink to lower ELO or whatever. Another not great argument.

Look, VC exists and there's no going back, and you can't give solo the type of info SWF can provide optimally without wallhacks. It's a pointless debate and endeavor, and just a straight dishonest one currently with the devs, which is why I originally got into this argument with you.

I used to think buffing solo was the way too, but he'll, how couldn't you make survivor SWF absolutely OP if you just straight buff survivors in general? Doesn't make alot of sense, right?

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350
    Options

You act like swf are the only players who buy skins, meanwhile a lot of killer main players purchase skins for different killer characters which they dont really see unless they use a mori or rancor (except for ph, but hes a licensed char and there is no skin for him other than his prestige).

100% against VC ingame. You want smth like this every game (video below)? Bc I definetly dont. Aside from the issue that english aint everyones first language as well as it opens a whole new aspect of harassment. Endgame chat is salty enough a lot of the time, but at least its at the end and I can just leave.

Buff solo surv so that ingame coms are not needed (things like kindred or buckle up) and buff killers accordingly.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

Oh the devs know what's up, it took them almost two years and M. Cote getting embarrassed on stream to figure out that flashlights were OP and double pallets were a bad idea.

They also, once upon a time, said hillbilly was a time, strong killer and actually claimed him as a point of balance regarding killers at one point. They said if anything they would only do a add on pass, and that line aged like fine wine.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

They had changes planned for flashlights already in development, the m. Cote game had nothing to do with it.

"They also, once upon a time, said hillbilly was a time, strong killer and actually claimed him as a point of balance regarding killers at one point. They said if anything they would only do a add on pass"

I disagree with the Billy nerf but the game has changed significantly. He may have been balanced before but the game has changed.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Options

Ok, but the double pallets? The reworks to infinites? Point is, the devs aren't omnipotent, and surely in there own game they make alot of assumptions and leave alot to be fixed. I think that reason they give is no where near a good enough reason to justify not adding VC. They reportedly didn't want SWF at first in the game, but made the concession eventually

That statement was made last year before the nerf to ruin, map changes, etc. While survivors saw nerfs to DS, unbreakable, and fast vault angles, I still don't think the maps changed so much he needed a long overheat mechanic, but I'm just a day 1 Billy main, who knows of I'm biased in that.

The very fact they changed their mind about Billy at all is testament to the fact they have the freedom to change their minds at will, I just wish they would do so on regards to VC.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,186
    Options

discord voice chat been used for years.

• Halun
    Options

There's a difference between listening to it, and saying it's an outright stupid reason and that the devs are being shortsighted.

You pretend like DBD is the only game in existence, and that there aren't thousands of other games out there balancing around VC despite Europe existing.

Just because Europe exists, and you might only be able to play with your friends in countries that are your linguistic neighbors doesn't mean that perks couldn't be reworked to ensure that no one using VC unfairly benefits from those perks simply by using VC.