Is BBQ and Chili too OP?

2»

Answers

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Might as well say the perk monstrous shrine is op

• t6nut
    t6nut Member Posts: 4

No they don't really. Depends of the map. But most of the time the killer will get to you, if you run then he will easily spot you, if you walk then he will just scan the are and still find you. 90% of games this ######### perk is on every killer. I'm not talking about high rank tryhards but more casual middle rank. "But you can counter it easily blabla do this do that" - The problem is this dictates most of the games when you presume the killer has it and you are a fkin clown trying to make bbq&c jukes etc. Why let the game revolve around 1 fkin killer perk.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

It's not OP but it is very useful. It doesn't break the game but the utility it provides is among the top.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

you mentioned you mained Billy correct? Well he’s one of the few killers who actually greatly benefits from BBQ cause of his amazing mobility. On other killers it just tells you where survivors are and they have plenty of time to leave the area. Not to mention. The perk has at least 3 or 4 counters that survivors can easily use to confuse killers of their location or deny the usage of the perk all together

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited July 2020

July 2019.

This thread is a year old.

But if we want to keep arguing about this, if BBQ is an issue here are things you can do:

- Hide behind a gen

- Get within 40m

- Hide in a locker

- Use Distortion (limited uses)

- Run away

- Fake run away and 180

- Fake run away and walk

- Be very very far away so the killer wants to go for everyone except you

BBQ rewards the killer for playing well and incentives them not to camp and tunnel survivors. BBQ is a perfectly fine perk.

BBQ. Is. Fine.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Useless? Absolutely not. But the BP gain is more important. Without it, it definitely wouldn't be meta. There are plenty of other aura perks to use, but they don't double your BP gains.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

This.

If it didn't give BP, i'd use something else, like thrilling.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Same, as far as knowing where to go next TT is better

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I've never been accused of hacking when using BBQ. I have been accused of hacking while running whispers. BBQ is more for farming than tracking. It has counters. You can't do anything to hide from Whispers.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

The point is if it werent for bps wed pick different tracking perks. As it is, if no auras show then yeah its a good udea to check around the hook

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Personally I never expect to see auras. It's such a common perk and there are SO MANY ways around it, that not seeing an aura doesn't mean "there's someone here."

The people who complain about BBQ are downright lazy. They stay doing exactly what they were doing, they don't take the many options to counter a simple perk, and then they come have a cry because they got caught.

There are far more detection perks that are harder to avoid, harder to realise they're being used, and better for the killer, so honestly you should be happy that a mediocre one is the one that comes with all the bloodpoints.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

BBQ requires a hook, which need alot of works to make it activated. And only 4sec reveal any survivors further than 40m

Rancor, Bitter murmur require a Gen lose, which doesnt need work for it. Bitter murmur reveal 10sec, while Rancor allow to mori obsession, which is more powerful

Infectious fright requires to down a survivors which can easily slug and put pressure

Nurse calling only requires to injure survivors and u can leave them for another survivor. All of them will reveal themselves by healing later.

BBQ is the weakest

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2020

BBQ encourages killers to go out and force interactions with survivors, which is the whole point of the game, else it is M1 simulator. You can run a perk to hide the aura, you can get in a locker to hide the aura, you can sometimes make it less obvious behind a gen, or you can prepare your escape route off the gen.

There is absolutely nothing OP about it outside of the BP gain, which technically isn't OP at all. Anyone who complains about BBQ is, in my eyes, a noob who can't loop or play the game. That people would ever want the killer to not run a perk like that and instead play more proxy heavy and only go to nearby gens blows my mind. You're asking for more killers to tunnel and camp in doing so.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

With that kind of nerf i will use thrilling tremors on all the killer i play. The only way they can nerf the perk is by removing the bp gain not the info it give.

• faff
    faff Member Posts: 68

without the BP bonus it'd only be used on high mobility killers.

• faff
    faff Member Posts: 68

what if the killer is running iron maiden in combo with bbq for some odd reason