Ghost Face potential buff

Options
Veeramid
Veeramid Member Posts: 113

Ghost Face plan and simple needs a buff. His power is practically useless for anything other than stealth. So I'm proposing a rework to some parts of his kit.

Crouch

His crouch is basically perfect rn the only thing they should do is remove his red stain while crouching.

Nightshroud

The detection is good for survivors but fix it so that it shows where you're getting revealed from and not just those dumb white lines. Also refresh his power in 18 or 20 seconds instead of 30.

Marking

This is my main problem with Ghost Face. This is basically worthless. It gives him his insta down but you rarely every get it off. Have it so that the stalk speed is decreased in how fast they get marked but they actually passively stay marked until in a chase. Once the chase is initiated they'll be told they're exposed and the timer for 15 seconds start but he can't regain his power while in chase.

Add-ons ghost faces addons are okayish but I would rework some of them

The slightly, moderate, and considerably increases to your speed while stalking should be changed to slightly, moderately, considerably darkens ghost face while in night shroud. This makes him blend in with the environment of any map better. Making him seem more like a stalker.

The slightly and moderately increases to the duration of your marked should be changed too as to not make him too strong. Their affect should be that it increases his stalking distance slightly and moderately.

The recovery addons should be changed as well considering he won't need them anymore. To fix the issue with his power no longer recovering in chase I say when downing a marked survivor slightly(20%), moderately(50%), and considerably(80%) revocery nightshroud.

Lastly let's touch on his ultra rare addons.

Change outdoor security camera to have the inverse affect that it has right now. Make it so it reveals the aura of survivors inside of your terror radius when you down a marked survivor.

Ghostface caught on tape is perfectly fine as is.

This rework aims to more directly fit ghost faces power of stalking and then attacking his victims with extreme power into his main kit. It also attempt to fix the inherent problems that come with a killer like this. This rework also attempts to make him more of a snow balling killer taking time to stalk someone up before attacking.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

The only idea here that I like is reducing his power cooldown. Your idea to change marking being the worst idea as making it take longer to stalk people is bad and much worse when you reduce the timer to 15 seconds that starts with a chase because all it takes is a pallet loop or 2 and that's it, you've spent a longer time stalking for no reward.

• Veeramid
    Options

Okay So the mark timer right now for ghost face is 15 seconds. In my rework they stay permanently marked until in a chase. This makes you actually want to use nightshroud to sneak up onto people for the instant down. The longer stalk is also used to balance out how strong the insta down staying on a survivor till chase is.

• Veeramid
    Options

His marking is basically useless the point of this change is to fix that. Along with flushing out nightshroud and addons.

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164
    Options

No, you just 99 the survs and close in for the activation and down.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Lol he needs a nerf not a buff. Hes awful to play against. Id rather go against Legion and that’s saying something

• Veeramid
    Options

Yes but if you get pulled out of nightshroud then it doesn't work.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

His marking is super strong. You just need to have the game knowledge to know how to approach gens and you will be rewarded with some of the fastest and easiest downs available in the game. If you fail at it, you are a weaker wraith. I think it's a good trade-off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UauWeP0WoJY&t=7m10s

What other killer can do that?

• Veeramid
    Options

Well Myers and Oni can do that and playing at red ranks is extremely hard with him.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

GF reveal is sometimes wanky and need to be addressed, I stare at him directly and still I sometimes don't pull off any reveal sound while he stalks my senseless.

• DaKnight
    Options

Oni needs an M1 or two before he can use his power. Good survivors won't let you hit them for free and it can take a long time to secure a first hit against a good team if you don't have monitor and abuse.

Myers can snowball hard but also has the worst early game in DBD. All it takes is the first survivor or two you run into having spine chill and being nearby a jungle gym and you can lose multiple gens for your first tier 3 if you had to fight to even get out of tier 1. Split up survivors will mean even with infectious fright your tier 3's only result in a single down sometimes.

Ghostface comes out the gate 115 with no heartbeat and the ability to instadown survivors right off the bat. He is only ever 2.5 seconds away.

Sure it can be hard to play him, but his difficulty is listed as "hard".

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164
    edited July 2020
    Options

The stalking has an insane range, so at the start of each match, if theres a building in the center of the map with high ground, get there asap and start stalking, you will find at least 1 surv, stalk him to 99% and if you dont hit him, this wont go away. Even if you dont get it off straight at the start, you can save it up for later.

If you find him then, a short tip of stalking is enough for a free insta down.

It is often for the best to dont focus on one surv to fully stalk and down him in one night shroud activation, but night shroud reveal in itself is bugged, so sometimes a surv wont even have the chance to unclock you.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

Agree, Ghostface really needs a shorter cooldown by default on his power!

• Veeramid
    Options

Thats something everyone can agree on. This whole change thing I did was for fun so yeah.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

The only thing he really needs is a Base Power Cooldown Reduction from 30 to 25/20 so running Matchbook/Address Book/Chewed Pen doesn't feel mandatory.

An Add on pass would be nice too. (Mainly buff Philly/Telephoto Lens/Knife Belt Clip/Night Vision Monocular because 0.25/0.25/0.50/0.75 seconds is a joke, slightly nerf Matchbook/Address Book/Chewed Pen to something like 3/4/5 seconds for compensation for the base reduction, and make "Ghost Face Caught on Tape" better because it's really underwhelming.)

• Aaliyah
    Aaliyah Member Posts: 52
    Options

I agree and disagree with you. The only thing Ghostface needs is a power reduction and some add on changes. His stealth is great, only thing I would change too is the indicator where you get seen.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

As other people said, he mostly needs a base power cooldown reduction and maybe an add-on pass.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Uhhh I have no problem marking survivors and downing them throughout the round. P3 50 Ghostface main. He's great where he's at in my opinion

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options
    • Shorter CD for Power
    • Not be able to realise he is stalking by noise like Myers
    • Not be able to detect by spine chill in night shroud mode
    • Reveal action bug fixed
  • Veen
    Options

What is the point of spine chill then if it can't detect killers.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
    Options

What's the point of ghostface mikey and pig if 1 perk counters them hard ?

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    Options

Because just because someone has spine chill doesn't mean they use it properly. Spine Chill doesn't tell you what direction the killer is coming from. It only tells you that the killer is looking at you right now. I run Spine Chill exclusively on all my survivors and even I screw up when I leave early. It gives you advanced knowledge to give you options, but it is up to you to use that knowledge.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The only change Ghostface needs is a base 20 cooldown and a nerf/rework of his cooldown add-ons. Marking is one of the most useful abilities in the game, but it is designed to be extremely difficult to pull off, and basically requires a similar mindset to Hag and trapper, in that you are essentially playing a chess match and thinking 5 moves ahead.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Ît can still detect killers further away than their terror radius. What's the point of being undetectable, if a perk can detect you?

• Veen
    Options

It's like saying what's the point of infectious fright and doctor since Calm spirit exist, compared to the most used survivor perks, Spine Chill lowkey stays niche, like Calm spirit.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    Options

I would agree with those above that Ghostface cool down could be reduced.

I think his detection is fine the way it is. If you automatically get to see where the person is from in his base kit, it becomes border OP. Ghostface is one of the few killers that has automatic tracking built into his kit. I could see having an add-on that reveals the aura of the person who is looking at you.

Marking is completely fine. You just need to know how to use it properly. People have already alluded to the 99% which is the same you should do as Myers. I think people need to realize that just because the marking activates does not mean you are entitled to an automatic down. In one of my recent games a Ghostface marked me twice for automatic down and I outran him both times. Some survivors are just really good at looping. As someone who plays Myers it can be frustrating when you don't get a down with your power, but it happens. I would argue that Ghostface's power is better because Myers has limited ability to gather fear from survivors to trigger his evil within.

• DaKnight
    Options

Spine chill is not niche, it's a meta perk. It's not uncommon to see 2-3+ spine chills even in a rank 1 lobby. It will be very hard to survive against stealth killers on maps like Lery's without it, and there's plenty of 16m terror radius killers you really don't want closing the gap on you.