Really want to killer but it seems so frustrating

yogi42
yogi42 Member Posts: 42

I’m going to a killer addiction at the moment but I’m just so sick of vsing SWF and getting bullied :/

anyone feel the same?

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I went back to survivor. Much less stressful.

If you wanna play killer, though, try meme builds. I had some fun with Insidious/NOED on Clown. Guard basement box all match. Five gens pop, go on a killing spree and laugh that they didn't do bones. Unless they did. Then open the door for them and congratulate them on doing bones.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

If you notice they are actively taunting you and are out of your skill, ignore them, it’s really very rare that all 4 ply like that. (Also those people tend to do nothing but follow you even if you ignore them, not doing anything productive)

try to have fun, learn to use your killer power or a perk/perk combo to get the most hits or something instead of trying to kill as many as possible. That way you will improve and have fun.

Ignore the end game chat.

• yogi42
    yogi42 Member Posts: 42

Sounds like fun XD

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2020

When I first hit red ranks, I felt this way. It got a bit better, but I also don't play killer as much because it's just so much thinking. And when I play dbd, I don't want to think 24/7. I know people ######### on it, but sometimes holding m1 while being vigilant is really fun.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

I don’t play Killer as much anymore because of these annoying swf groups. Maybe only one or two matches a day, sometimes even none. Just not worth the stress and frustration.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

The only way you will get better at the game

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I'd play more killer if I wasn't so stressed playing it. The fact that I can press Ready as killer in an empty lobby and feel my heart start racing.. its pretty scary.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I'm not really playing killer until they introduce MMR. It's annoying that I play low to mid tier killers and I still go against sweats all the time. And I get easier opponents when I play huntress or spirit.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

Honestly, I am almost to where I have all my killers p3ed, and I find myself playing survivor more and more.

It began when I hit 1000 hours, as killer, I told myself get 1000 hours as survivor. Now I am approaching 2000 hours and find survivor much more fun and can relax and stream it and have no stress regarding defeats. I get friend requests and meet new people who want to SWF with me etc,... as killer, ytou dont get that

Survivor, I can die and still pip and feel I did good running the killer.

But I always go back to killer though. Ill play a killer match, then back to surv for a few games.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

You can never do wrong if you never play killer.

Stay near someone on hook for to long "OMG camper" find the same person after they get off the hook "OMG tunneller !" press play killer "we hate you!"

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

I just don't give a damn about losing or winning.

The only Things triggering me is when I make Mistakes or if the Game Bugs mess my Gameplay up, otherwise I don't really care. And I win most of my Matches anyways, so yeah.

You should do the same. Don't focus to much on winning otherwise it'll stress you out for nothing and that doesn't need to happen.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

This was my approach. Not sure how many hours you have, but after about 1500 of "not caring", apathy sets in, then you just wanna play some matches, have a little fun, and log off

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Recently ive been getting a lot of SWF, that's fine, what isn't fine is maps and map offerings.

Ive been pretty much insta DCing when I see either a badham, ormond or midwich offering when I suspect it's a SWF. It's just an instant loss especially for deathslinger. I'll happily verse a SWF on coldwind, autohaven, macmillan, hell even lerys. But when it comes to a point where i'm losing because of the map I got, not because of my mistakes, that's when I DC.

If I were you Id recommend realising what you're good and bad at. If you're bad at putting pressure then that's on you, but if you come up against constant map offering SFW, I would put down a map that's decent for the killer you're playing.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Nope. Because I play it for fun.

Dont worry about (the meaningless) rank, how much you can win, if they teabag, etc.

Just play it to enjoy playing killer. Easy.

I'll play demo with starcraft zero music on, or Meyers to LITERALLY just stalk and scare people. It's so much more fun than "I need the 4k and red ranks".

Now, do I try my best and try to kill as many as possible? Sure. But it's not a priority over enjoying the game, and it's not every round.

Play it for your own entertainment. Not what other people say you should do, want, or feel like you have to give in to this bullshit rank system..

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Play Freddy with BBQ, Ruin, Surveillance and Pop. Fake teleport to know on which gen they others are in a chase. U will have much more success with Freddy than any other killer in the game. He is not hard to play.

• Carpemortum

....ruin AND pop?? That basically relies on them removing ruin...

• DrDeepwound

ruin is for the early slowdown, once they find it, pop comes in during last gens and can help slow down gens once they find ruin.

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2020

Replace Ruin with Thrilling Tremors. Check which gen is being worked on with Surveillance, scare them away with fake teleport and pick up a survivor to block it with Tremors. Then casually walk there to Pop the gen.

• Carpemortum

Yeah, and I mean with surveillance it's not bad, I just don't like running two perks that basically work one at a time, or one not at all.

Just feels wrong imo.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

I'm actually the opposite; I find killer much more fun than survivor 9/10 times because solo survivor is just pain and for some reason every single spirit seems to have a vendetta against me.

Killer is fun if you focus on one thing: improving. You'll have fun when you recognise and improve upon your flaws, regardless of if you killed anyone. So long as I get better at snare placement, hitting punishment of the damned, or Wraith's SuperLunge™ (we don't talk about my doctor skills lol) then I'm perfectly happy. Any kills I get are an added benefit.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

I agree and dont run it, but have seen people say thats why you would run those two. I stick to surge and pop mostly.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Killer is less stressful than solo survivor. As killer if I lose then often its because I used a mediocre killer and went against good players. As survivor you go against bad players who cant chase very well but sit around the hook and still get to win because the survivors you get put with are empty-headed.

If its a toxic swf tbagging OoO group then just camp, slug and tunnel and play toxic. The idea there isnt to win, its just about trying to ruin the game for them as much as they’re trying to ruin it for you. The salt you get post game lets you know you’ve done a good job.

Only thing that bugs me as killer is when it feels like I’m playing against perks rather than good survivors. I see so many mediocre survivors these days, they cant perform well in a chase and are easily mindgamed but its ok their exhaustion perks extend the chase for them. They’re a swf but not very organised oh but it doesnt matter because perks like Unbreakable allow them to be self-sufficient. They cant stealth or correctly time an unhook oh but its ok they can just hookbomb with borrowed time.

Its starting to feel like im going against perks rather than good survivors. Its always the most carried players that like to brag too

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

killer can be stressful but you can have some fun just play you'll have some good games.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

If you care about winning every match or being mocked for losing, don't do it. If you want to get lots of BP, have some fun, are tired of getting tunneled and can have some thick skin, do it.

I switched 3 years ago due to being tired of the constant tunneling and crap BP. I have zero regrets. I can decide weather to try hard or puts around and have some fun. I can put the pedal to the metal or hit cruise control. I don't have to worry weather the killer is try hard.

I do have to put up with SWF, whiney players who will accuse you of tunnel even when you try to avoid hitting them off the hook only for them to intentionally seek you out to body block in the chase you were already in. None of it bothers me because I still get lots of BP.

Have thick skin and take the time to learn.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Because ruin is such high risk, you need a second slowdown perk. His addons are just not good enough.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

I think that is a good point, but also think about how many people run Blood Warden and NOED. You play the game to the end with only 3 perks. You also have other hex perks which can just be removed. While direct overlapping should not be tried, many people run perks that stall and then activate after another is gone or at endgame.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I've always been fascinated by the argument that solo survivor is worse than killer because, as a mediocre survivor, I genuinely have less stress in red rank solo queue than as red rank killer. Sure, potato teammates exist, but it doesn't happen nearly as often as people seem to claim it does...and even if it does, that game is going to be over quicker and you can move on to the next one as soon as you're out. If the game's going poorly as killer you're stuck there until the last person gets out the gate/hatch. It's a sunk cost fallacy but you literally CAN'T not sunk cost it if the game's going poorly as killer. But if you get tunneled off the hook as your rando teammates farm you, that's a three minute game and you'll be with different ones next time to probably have a better game.

I don't have any IRL friends who play this game anymore, and organizing with the couple internet friends I have doesn't pan out more often than it does, so I play solo almost always. I cannot say I've ever logged off after a couple hours of solo survivor hating the game, I've definitely done that after a couple hours of killer if the matches were particular crap. And I genuinely do enjoy killer more when I'm having a night where I'm not off my game for whatever reason...just if I want to play DbD but be guaranteed to be in a decent mood quitting it later on, then I'm playing survivor.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

To speak to your original post, it really depends. Some SWF groups are overall cocky and over estimate their skill. This can be taken to the point where they don't really practice and rely on their friends to say where everything is. While that helps coordinate, 4 bad players grouped up together can actually be easier in some ways to take down since they might not loop properly and they are so concentrated on giving information to their team that they are not entirely focused as to what they need to do at the present moment.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Then I guess it's a matter of personal opinion and taste. I despise solo survivor and even swf isn't that fun right now but usually killer is a blast.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

It got me down recently then I remembered its just a game who gives a #########. Never come to the forums after a long run of bad games you'll end up posting a rant. (Damn insight is a curse why can't I be one of those ignorant idiots where everything in life is someone else's fault).

Let the post game whiners whine, remember bad winners also make the sorest losers so either way they'll send you abuse. If they have to taunt someone in post game it probably means that they don't have much else going on in life so just let the baby have their bottle. The opinions of children and people with the emotional intelligence of children really aren't worth worrying about.

If you are equipping a MORI because you are pissed off then don't play that game log out for a bit. If I get a run of bad games and kinda feel like it ain't much fun I do something else. Maybe come back a lil while later and bam you get several good games and you think what the hell was I so agitated about.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

pure opposite on my end. I really want to play solo survivor. But it's so frustrating that I switch to killer.But playing killer is so boring because you barely meet good opponents and instead just rek through the matches. And so I watch dbd streams and don't play the game at all.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

No the potato teammates really are that common. They didnt use to be but the rank reset changes are where it all went sour along with an influx of new players over the last year. Everybody is red ranks now.

Killer destroys your potato team in 3 minutes via camp and tunnel and then slugs for the 4k making the game drag on. It’s dire.

I’m hoping MMR brings back the glory days where all the good survivors get out together.

EU region btw

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

NA here, and I genuinely have a different experience. The potatoes happen sometimes, but more games than not there's enough competent players to make it a good game. And even when it is potatoes, it's a guaranteed less stressful game than a killer game is.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

3.4k hours. I used to be the same way. Caring to much about winning and now I just play to have fun Matches. If I win, nice. If I lose, I go to the next Match. Sometimes I am in the Mood to be more competetive, but most of the Time I don't really care. I care for BP and fun Matches.

No need to stress myself out for no Reason.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020

I have pretty much stated the same as you did above for 2+ years.

I took a 10 month, 3 DLC break from DbD. The only reason I came back to the game was becuase the added a legion pink bunny and I thought, cool I can run around slashing everyone not care about winning and stack my BP. However, all my killers are almost p3ed and BP will be meaningless shortlly so fun is all that matters anymore. In fact, the reason I play Legion these days is because I dont care about winning, LOL I play Hag when I want to "PVP"

• Sacre
    Sacre Member Posts: 38

It's tough, just don't go in expecting to kill everyone in every single game or get max points constantly.

Sure, it may be frustrating, but you'll start getting the hang of it eventually.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Stay positive. It's difficult, but your matches will be way more chill.