Which platform is most toxic?

Options
Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,140

I was looking at a fairly recent thread and a few people on there said that PS4 was most toxic. I play pretty much exclusively on PS4 EU servers so I wouldn't know any better however I have had a few rank 20 PC games which were pretty relaxing.

Just wanted to hear others takes on their platforms and so lets say if Xbox players are most toxic, I can be more cautious around them.

Mobile most toxic. /s

Comments

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited July 2020
    Options

Every platform is full of toxic players. The one with most toxic messages will be the one with the easier way to send message. This is the aftermatch chat, on PC.

So, PC is the most toxic cause the aftermatch chat is an invite to talk (bad or good things, usually bad).

• AshesofDreams
    AshesofDreams Member Posts: 20
    Options

I'm curious if crossplay is going to impact this problem. Like if people on PS4 are sending messages on PSN, once they start playing with people on PC and other console they won't be able to do that, so the trend of it might go away. I doubt many will check every match if someone else was on PS4 to send hate (of course, there will always be the one that does).

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

PS4, I guarantee it.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I dunno, most of my matches end in "gg" or maybe some light complaining about this or that perk or something. Have only seen a few people be real jerks, but people typically don't engage with them.

Not saying it doesn't happen, I know for a fact it does, it just doesn't seem as widespread and ubiquitous as I was lead to believe.

• Leachy_Jr
    edited July 2020
    Options

What makes you think that? There certainly is some toxic people (and for some reason a solid 60% of toxic people are arabic, dunno why), but I don't think PS4 has the most.

• AVoiceOfReason
    Options

@Leachy_Jr I came from PS4. I can promise you that I have never had death threats, multiple accounts from the same person harassing me, wishing cancer on my family and seeing if I'm the killer just to throw up a broken map then proceed to use OoO x4 with toolboxes, 3 Hook seperations and 1 map choice of theirs then head to the most broken area then proceed to blow up my messages with their alt accounts for the next 3 days so their main account won't be touched. Trust me. I've even had my IP Address found by a script user on PS4 using a Google Chrome exploit and sent to me as a threat just because I beat SWFs. I may get called hurtful names on PC but the amount of crap you deal with on PS4 is legendary.

• Leachy_Jr
    Options
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

It’s obviously the [insert platform you are playing on]. And it’s always the [side you are not playing] that is super toxic! On all platforms, but mostly on [your platform]

• AVoiceOfReason
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Leachy_Jr Can't even report them because it's alt accounts. Since its not from their main, BHVR won't do anything and Sony will only ban the alts and since an alt only takes an email address and you can save passwords, it takes 4 seconds to switch to an alt to harass you then to another then they get their friends who don't even play the game to do the same. It's a shitstorm over a game.

It's a blessing to be on PC. My favorite is when you put your profile to not receive messages so they send you friend requests. PS4 friend requests allow you to send a message before trying to befriend someone and shows them the message on your notifications before even saying yes or no to the friend request. There is no limit to friend requests unless you block/report, so either way, you're getting into a shitstorm. At one point, I had over 100 messages from random people with threats over a PS4 YouTuber who got mad that I beat him and his friends.

Good ole' PS4 :D

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493
    Options

From my experiences. Xbox has a younger audience. PS4 is more competitive. If you play DbD on the switch i’m terrified of you.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 718
    edited July 2020
    Options

LMFAOOOOO the Switch??? I play there and it's an awful experience gameplay wise, yeah 😔 when I play with some of my friends they get mad if someone puts on an Ormond offering (frame drops out the AS*!&@*#!!! Same goes for a Spirit match- I really hate going up against Spirit on switch because of how few frames you get)

I've been rank 1 for months (survivor side) and the games are pretty fair- even when I end up going agaisnt green ranks, everyone tends to play a really fair and fun game. Not EVERYONE, ofc, but it's wild how civil and well behaved the killers are when they can't even really be shamed in a post game chat for playing "dirty". I don't play killer much, but the survivors are usually decently well behaved, too. There's BM from both sides, but no flames get fanned in the post game chat. We just hold grudges and mori each other when we INEVITABLY see each other again in the killer role LMFAO

I'm pretty much planning on switching to PC in September, but I honestly will probably still end up playing on the switch pretty often after cross platform progression and cross play are fully implemented. The little Switch DBD community is just too cute to completely abandon, even if the sole reason for its abandonment is for vastly superior performance.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I've played on xbox, switch, and mobile and imo mobile is the most toxic since it has the most hackers.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

Sorry, but ppl do a lot of effort to go after you. LOL

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Are You Serious!? Damn I'm happy I don't play dbd on Ps4 or Xbox

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I only know Xbox and PC. Both terrible

• SIeepWaIker
    SIeepWaIker Member Posts: 47
    Options

You can go into privacy settings and filter who can send messages, view profile, view trophies, etc. (none, friends, friends of friends, all). I don't find PS4 to be toxic at all.. esp without end of game messages. I just play the game and never hear a peep. I receive friend requests, but just ignore them. I filter all that stuff because Conan Exiles.. which is far more toxic than DBD imo.

• Gmoose17
    Gmoose17 Member Posts: 49
    Options

I disagree. I think an End game chat would slightly cut down the toxic PS4 community. But when you have to go through so many steps Just to send a message and then finally get there find out that they have their messages turned off... it fuels the fire lol. Most people who have their messaging private plays toxic anyways..

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

I always feel people who use their computers for gaming are pretty strange, so I would say PC. And having seen what people writes in that end game chat they have, that should be proof that PC-players are not well in the head 😀

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Based on DBD FB groups sharing chat screen shots:

PC ingame chat you have people taunting after most games and can get pretty vicious.

Xbox wish death or disease the most, usually starting point rather than in middle/end of argument.

PS4 mainly just complain about something they felt entitled to, can lead to argument that escalates.