Bring back and increase DC penalties!

Comments

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

So you DC'd again?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I do miss DC penalties but hacked penalizing was far worse than this.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,748

I don't think they need to be increased, but I did prefer having a penalty.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

the worst part is hacker that did this wanted the dc penality to gte remove from chat i've heard on reddit, so they won by their standart imagine what they will ask next while ruining people fun

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I don't think they should increase the time but fix it before bring it back.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Considering all the posts about people being disconnected and getting banned I dont think increasing them is a good idea.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

They shouldn't increase the time. That's incredibly unfair to people who experience issues with the game outside of their control. Instead, I think players should receive reputations, and if you DC too often, you get a bad reputation and get put in a type of bad sport lobby. You stay there until your reputation improves. DC penalties give up to 1 hour of timeout. Reputation would be based mainly on how often you disconnect from matches vs how often you finish matches.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

@KingFrost you mentioned bad sport lobbies, I do hope you read it from my post :D.

Increase in time should occur with their DC'ing / reputation.

At the moment the community is well aware that DC'ing penalties aren't there and it is worse than before.

My solution at the moment is just to block them so when the lobby appears, if someone is in there who I have blocked I find a new lobby.

• andyollolloll

A fun or miserable match is what you sign up for when you click ready.

It is an agreement to put your time into the game, if you truly can't handle a bad game then I'd message BHVR and ask for them to set up these bad sports lobbies and see how miserable the players then feel about it themselves with others of those mindsets.

• kyra_omega
    kyra_omega Member Posts: 14

Last night was horrible as a survivor. It's a 20+ minute wait to get in a game and then the killer disconnects. 4\5 games I actually got to play last night the killers dced. Goodbye add-ons. Sigh

*its not much better as a killer either. Most matches have 1-2 survivors DC for being first hooked or not getting first gen pop, or their rescuer hook farming them during a chase (even if you don't down them again)* it's getting pretty ridiculous.

• JoshHicks
    JoshHicks Member Posts: 38

They should really take out DC penalties especially because If you lag out of a server It will think you DC'ed and not lagged out of the lobby

• andyollolloll

DC is a DC

I can "lag out" any time I wish but would still expect a DC penalty

• JoshHicks
    JoshHicks Member Posts: 38

Still I had a friend who lagged out and got a 13 minute DC penalty because It happened before the same day that's not cool.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

If you get a DC penalty for lagging out it shouldn't be in the game. I don't get why you're so worried about other players being penalized just cause they don't wanna play a unfun match.

• andyollolloll

I can DC out of a match in many different ways like other survivors can, why should it matter if I select "Leave game" or lag out as both leave the game.

"I don't get why you're so worried about other players being penalized just cause they don't wanna play a unfun match."

I'm not worried about other players being penalised, if they fail to live up to their commitment then of course the game should penalise them. Are you worried that players do get penalised?

An unfun match happens, it happens in games but when you part of a 4 man team you are robbing the fun from the other players. If then another player finds that unfun they DC, and etc... making you wonder... does clicking 'Ready' mean you are ready to play this game or not?

Quite simply if you are finding games 'unfun' or 'boring' then don't play the game as it is like playing a game then taking your ball home.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Something like this is far more helpful than a 5 minute ban, I think. Shame the members of the community by giving them a badge. The trolls will always be trolls and when they dc at the start you can't be surprised, but those who care enough that they want to play will find that few people will actually put up with their behavior, and they'll likely be forced to play with the trolls for several games in order to get it removed.

And it can happen over the course of several games, not just zero tolerance. Sometimes a dc is warranted, either the killer is holding you hostage, real life gets in the way, an emergency, a power outage etc. So the badge you gain won't happen after one or two dc's, but if you're consistently dcing a certain amount after so many games, you're going to be branded for a bit. It's harmless, it won't do any permanent damage, but there's power in social discipline. People learn their lessons when they're called out for their behavior.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

They don't need to. People should be able to DC if they want. Besides they're bringing in bots to replace folks who DC anyway.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162
    edited July 2020

Like those servers in other online games where they put cheaters until they stopped cheating for some time?

That would be an interesting alternative.

Combine this with a lobby symbol for your reputation so others can see what a bad guy you are. I'm thinking of something like the karma in TTT where you get something like "crude" or "trigger happy" when you shoot the wrong guys.

• Withered
    Withered Member Posts: 71

That would be a great idea, though certain things should increase your reputation as opposed to just time, for example, you start at a reputation of 100, you DC 6 times and now have a reputation of 40, by Leaving a lobby after death, you gain 1 Reputation, by leaving after surviving a match, you gain 2 reputation. By leaving after the trial ends if you were dead earlier, you gain 5. By saying gg, you get 1. If you don't struggle at all, you lose 5 Basically, any actions that are considered good sportsmanship give you a small amount of +rep points, and any actions considered bad sportsmanship, you get a larger amount of -rep points. The only downside I can see is how it would effect matchmaking

• andyollolloll

Easy to do and stick them in a bad reputation lobby to experience others not having fun or lag issues.

Of course lag issues will not be frequent so if you do have it then nothing really affects you.

Experiencing your own treatment is the best remedy and if you don't grow up they just stay in there playing unfun games

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

I have really gotten back into playing Spirit the last couple of days. So many D/Cs

• andyollolloll

Ah Spirit, such a good feeling to duke her but seen as 'unfun' by those who dislike a strong killer

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

Honestly i don't think that's the way to go about things, especially since the game is laid out for casual players.

No everyone's a diehard 12 hours a day DbD player. Or streams it for 23 hours every day.

They should first fix the game so you don't have as many reasons to dc.

• andyollolloll
    edited July 2020

Laid out for casual players? Please explain

I too wouldn't expect everyone to be a 12 to 23 hours player... Why would you say this?

Fix the game? What do you mean?

• Chicago_Prime
    Chicago_Prime Member Posts: 14

Nope. Let them DC, the devs gave up on this game once they made rank a main part of leveling up. Now the devs see them losing a pip as a major part of the DC, along with the penalty.

• SolAkira
    SolAkira Member Posts: 71

This literally happened today. Real bad storm and the power went out. Around the time you posted this too

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    edited July 2020

Increase them? [BAD WORD] off! Bruh, it can sometimes be annoying when someone disconnects, especially on your team but man, this game isn't competetive. There have been so many cases where I've been playing with friends and we are getting finally hooked and one of them can't be bothered to play anymore or have a brief moment of rage and alt f4. The restrictions were annoying enough then, increasing them? Good [BAD WORD] luck, especially with the state of this game rn

Post edited by drimmalor on
  • NekoGamerX

why should the DC penalties come back if they adding bots to replace people who dc anyways.....

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Cause a bot is braindead and a easy win. It will not handcap the survivors if he becomes a gen-bot and the killer never find him. But if the killer (at high ranks) gets him, its one less survivorn in the match. Bots are and will aways be predictable after some matches against.

• Ratchetcooper
    Ratchetcooper Member Posts: 17

Ok so what if your doing a good game killer or survivor and all of sudden dc and you all get penalized then your gonna run with your ass out and be like that's not fair

• NekoGamerX

the person who dc or hook them self on hook could of been braindead so it wouldn't matter.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Thats a smart way to point their brain and make a point. :)

• NekoGamerX
  • andyollolloll

"this game isn't competetive" then why a "moment of rage" on this so called relaxing lawnmower simulator game where a 4v1 apparently doesn't matter?

You sir should be playing in the new dbd highly populated bad sports lobby

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

Ok first of all, you say that it should be light because good people DC to circumstances out of their control. That is true, but the people that abused the ability to do so intentionally by the command screen or by messing with their network etc caused it to be needed for EVERYONE who dc's to get a penalty. I'm tired of hearing idiotic statements like "it's my RIGHT to DC!" "Show me the rules where it says DC! that? it's not there!" (yet it's in black and white). all of these is part of an entitled mindset that your "FUN" is more important than others. I do not disconnect randomly a good deal like I've known others that do, but you know what? I accept any penalty I might still have if I get disconnected out of my control.

Another thing, if you get a random disconnect and have disconnected intentionally 2-3 or MORE times before that within the alloted time frame for them to slide off your record, you deserve what ever penalty you get! here is why: You decided to dc the first time because you were slugged (click GONE), the second time you decided to DC because you didn't like the killer, the third time you didn't like that you got tunneled.... each time more and more and say you just had a 30 minute time out for deciding that you didn't want to play on haddonfield now suddenly your internet goes out and comes back due to a power surge that causes your power to blink off then back on, now you've disconnected and omg you have another 55 minutes of penalty... WOE IS YOU! you are here to complain... this is of your OWN making, if you don't like it, get hooked, try to escape (and fail) and don't struggle. you'll not get a penalty and you won't have to wait for your penalty to wear off before the next match.

This message is both survivor AND killer oriented as it doesn't matter the side. (Though I feel for the killer since there is no quick "death" because there is no way to give up and there should be). but I don't care if you as killer hate ormond, or haddonfield! or what ever reason, if you DC you get penalized as it is IN THE RULES. AND if you don't like someone innocent might get penalized, remember it was YOUR abuse of this that caused them to be affected so.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

fix the game first

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

I dont think they need to increase the dc penalty. Just make sure it amps up faster. And it counts for the entire day. Dc once in 24 hours? 5 minutes. DC twice in 24 hours, 15 minutes. Etc....Or something like that.

People saying they are having technical issues with their internet, having power outages, getting thrown out of games. I really cant even imagine giving a ######### that you are having technical issues. They shouldnt be my problem. The amount of times I have lost my internet connection, power outages or somehow gotten thrown out of the game are probably fewer than your fingers. Its just not that big of a deal, and if it is, then its on you.

If I was getting kicked that much I would probably start to either play something else, (since I couldnt play the game anyway) or I would consider whats wrong on my end. Because its clearly not everyone having this issue. I just cant imagine wanting to ruin other peoples play time that much that I would want to continue to play despite losing my connection over and over.

So yes. Bring back the dc penalty, when the issues have been fixed. People suiciding was annoying but at least there was a chance to unhook them to force them to stay a bit longer.