The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor model and height?

Mellow7
Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

So I've been wondering this for a very long time but who is the tallest survivor? Why is it that every survivor during the match has a hunch back? Is there a reason behind this? During the lobby screen they have a straight posture but as soon a the trial starts they turn into Qausimodo, kinda bugs me.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I think it's either Jeff or Steve.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

arnt all men the same size and all women the same size?

• DelsKibara

No, Feng is shorter than Zarina for example. Dwight is shorter than David. At least from what I can tell at a glance, it's like 2 AM and I don't feel like opening DBD again

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Technically no... but they can be seen easier when crouching so they are still at a disadvantage.

• DelsKibara

Every survivor has the same hitbox, same with killers.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

Just so everyone knows, the devs themselves confirmed in one of the more recent live streams that some survivors do actually have slightly bigger hitboxes than others, they didn't tell us which ones though.

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

the top picture is definetly faked and just resized. the bottom one is probably somewhat legit, all the male survivors are basically the same exact height and all the female survivors are basically the same exact height.

if you dont believe me i want you to go in game and compare tapp or dwights size to kates size and still tell me they are the same height

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

the hunchback thingy is really dumb in my opinion, if it's really meant to convey fear then the survivors faces should show it, also some survivors like Ash should have a more confident stance. i have already talked about this in a post of my own

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

Don't forget to add 4-5 inches of latency to each model

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

That's incorrect. Someone posted the correct images below. All male survivors are the same height as well as female. If there are differences, they're very minor.

• TheJadeJade
    TheJadeJade Member Posts: 5

and I wondered why I'm suddenly doing worse when I started playing Adam instead of Nea :D It kinda bugs me if it's true that all females are small and all males are tall, it would mean playing male in this game is inherently more difficult, which sucks. if they want different heights, couldn't they for example add a third height for tall female/shorter male? and include their height category in character info? just spit balling here.

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

Yeah the height thing is still bothering me quite a bit, I'll list off three examples of how the height should be.

1. Ash Williams AKA Bruce Campbell is 6'1, my height

2. Steve Harrington AKA Joe keery is 5'11

3. Nancy wheeler AKA Natalie Dyer is 5'3.

Now in dead by daylight every single male is the same height as each other, the same goes for the females. This problem has been caused by behavior's inability to make the survivors different in any way other than being a skin, they use the exact same model and rig for every survivor that they make causing all of them to be exactly the same in terms of height and proportions and that's just lazy if you ask me. I really hope that this will somehow get fixed with the graphics update

• VaporLion
    VaporLion Member Posts: 386

does anyone have an answer for it? i cant find anything but these images that are conflicting with each other. Im trying to figure out which the smallest survivors are because you would have an advantage on certain loops by the killer not seeing ur headtip. I feel like Feng Ming is the smallest Survivor but I'd like a comparison to see which survivor might be worth to main as.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2022

Pretty weird choice to make Tapp this short considering that Danny Glover is 192cm tall.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

I gotta say, out of all of them Feng can rock being bald(ish).