honestly how the hell how do you pip

I can be in a game and get over 20k points without an escape yet I still fail to pip, even though I have safe hooks & long chases make it make sense

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

you just do lol

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

If you have long chases and safe hooks, you should be easily pipping if you are at least green rank or lower.

Those plus surviving for long and either doing generators or running the killer around while generators pop should be enough for you to pip in any rank. If you aren't you are probably missing something.

You can read this for more detailed information: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems

• claudetterealness
    claudetterealness Member Posts: 92

I just had a match where I did 2 gens, 2 safe unhooks, 2 chases (one ended fast because I got body blocked) and I didn't get a pip @DawnMad it's confusing

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Read the emblems individually after a match. Those have better explanations than what we can say in this thread.

• DawnMad

I can't work off of just that, if you hover over the emblems you can see what gave you points and what took points away from you. Also I still don't know what rank you are, if you are red/purple then yeah its normal to have difficulties pipping without escaping, but it should be doable especially in purple ranks.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

doing 2 gens solo is above and beyond 2 safe unhooks isnt much 2 chases doesnt tell me anything its all about that chase time, pallet stuns ect. safe hooks dont mean much more than regular hooks maybe heal them too it sounds like you are low on altruism points

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

My preparation for farm (my own rules, dont get overtriggered xD):

Rule No1 - Botany+Self Care = you are back in the farm as quick as you can and you farm those sweet heal points 30+% faster.

Rule No2 - Borrowed Time for safe unhooks. Now you can rush unhooks. It just works.

Rule No3 - Dead Hard or Iron Will. They are not op, but they can decrease killers mood to chase you, because DH allow to make more mistakes in general and IW can force killer to guess what you do around corners. If survivor make good use of DH and IW, chases will be 100% longer. Killer look for quick chases and quick hooks. Killer is likely to go after someone else after you DH away.

Option No4 - Decisive Strike. Another thing that is not op, but if someone is obsession, killer must assume that anyone can have DS. If you get the obsession tag, killer will think that you 100% have DS. Higher chance that you will be ignored and allowed to farm until the end. VS top tier killers DS can be useless, because they dont have to tunnel, so I mention it the last, but, if you dont have Dead Hard or Iron Will, its a good choice.

• DawnMad

Safe hooks are the only points you get when unhooking. Unhooking itself only refunds point your team lost when that person was hooked.

I would say Sprint Burst instead of Dead Hard for chase points since you lose a bunch of points when getting hit. Iron Will is a good choice since it lets you be close to the killer without being noticed.

If you are farming for a pip cleansing totems also help a bunch.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Imagine having a hard time pipping as survivor.

lol

• claudetterealness

@SloppyKnockout imagine trying to be negative when it was uncalled for, not everyone rots this game baby cakes

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

I mean, it's survivor.

If you haven't been in the community for long, to summarize, the reason people whine about matchmaking these days is mostly in part to the fact that it's so damn easy to pip. As both sides, but especially survivor.

You can literally pip while sleeping and hitting the keyboard buttons with your penis.

• claudetterealness

@SloppyKnockout for me it doesn't feel that way when I play solo