Aura changes

While auras being harder to see isn't great, I feel the most irritating change is the full outline of gens when playing killer. Higher tier killers look out for scratch marks. When a surv moves quickly near structures, they see the scratch marks on the structures, this is why people say to never run next to the outer wall. I keep seeing the aura of the lights above generators thinking that I'm seeing scratch marks, due to the similar color and orientation. It just feels like they don't have experienced players play test their maps killers and patches, which is very unusual for a game of this magnitude

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

To be honest when I'm playing killer and looking for a hook to put someone on, they're obscured in the new system. (wiggling time limit btw) I wonder if it's an intentional information nerf or just an untested design choice?

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

Kindred feels useless now. You can't see the other survivors auras anymore so what's the point? Just gonna make solo survivor more frustrating

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

yeah i hate the new auras; Was this thing a trend in this forum because i dont remember any change the auras trend

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

What's worse is, I don't even think the aura changes were in the PTB...which means they pushed it live even before proper testing; and before you say it....I'm sorry - you can't convince me their QA team is a real thing that exists with the amount of bugs that get through them with literally every single patch that releases.

• legion_quen
    legion_quen Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2020

I HATE THIS CHANGE. I'm colorblind and already have trouble with the color red. It was already difficult to play sometimes because of my colorblindness, but the aura changes make it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to play killer. I just tried and I lost 3 hooks because I could not see the hooks. I did not see a single person with BBQ, so that perk is now useless to me. I also had trouble even finding the gens because the auras were too difficult to see. I'm legit upset, because I just can't play killer now because of this change and my colorblindness.

Addition: Survivor is easier, but still sucks. I can't see people who are on the ground or hooked unless I'm pretty close to them, so I guess no saving anyone for me