Devs: The change is aura had some sad consequences for some of us. See inside :-)

MaybeShesCrazy
MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

@Almo @Peanits @PatBrutal @not_Queen

I didn't want to post yet another thread on the Aura issues. The fact that there are so many should be very, very telling to you.

We have several people, at least 5 I counted from last night alone, that have color blind issues to varying degrees.

While most of us are fortunate enough not to have to deal with that in our daily lives, some of us struggle with other issues that the aura change causes. It has / can created a negative impact in our ability to play. While at least 5 people have come forward to express they have vision issues - many do not share such personal info and suffer though it in silence.

So please, re-think that choice.

Post edited by MaybeShesCrazy on

Comments

• ScardeyCat
    ScardeyCat Member Posts: 13

I am red-green colorblind gamer chick. I love DBD but as of today, this new update makes it so I literally cannot see a downed survivor and a hooked survivors auras. I can’t be an efficient team mate if I can’t see you! Anyone else with me on this? **Please DEVS change back the auras ASAP!**

• hanibel
    hanibel Member Posts: 164

Yeah devs stop screwing over your fanbase with disabilitys

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

They clearly didn't think it through before they implemented it

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

No but the auras need to be reverted. If it's a big deal, reduce the brightness a little but the way it is now is overkill.

• legion_quen
    legion_quen Member Posts: 11

I am colorblind and have this issue as well. Already had trouble seeing sometimes, but this has literally broken the game for me. I cannot see any pink or red auras.

• alimeria
    alimeria Member Posts: 55

No trying to play without seeing the red auras makes the game more frustrating, if someone on my team is hooked, they probably can't see where he is, and on the other hand, it's impossible to see the auras of generators, hooks, survivors.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

I am partially red-green colourblind. I can see scratch marks alright usually, except on Ormond. They are invisible on that map. And these new auras, I literally can't see survivors on BBQ. It's the faintest little smudge of red but for all I know it could be a totem. I have to rely on it MOVING to tell. If they're on a gen, they're literally invisible. I hate it.

• Voerman
    Voerman Member Posts: 12

I'm not sure who's idea it was to implement this without a single mention in the patch notes of anything that is this significant is changed. But it really should be reverted, it's absolutely way too difficult to see anything anymore. Hell, not just for Killers, it's really difficult to see anything as Survivor as well.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

One would think this would have been an obvious fix. But then, this is BHVR, where obvious isn't in their dictionary.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Absolutely with you here. It's never been great, but there may as well not be auras now.

I honestly thought Hook auras had been removed.

:(

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Its hard to see the auras without being colourblind, I can't imagine how much worse it must be for you.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I have to agree, I'm struggling without colour blindness. Think this is a deal breaker for me at the moment till a fix is in place.

Try playing the trapper and finding your traps.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I honestly feel like the aura change was an intended stealth nerf to aura reading perks just so everyone stops bringing them.

Why out of everything they'd nerf aura reading idk but this wouldn't be the first time they have pulled a stealth nerf on everyone.

• sakha
    sakha Member Posts: 66

this new aura destroys the game

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I'm not color blind but i do have an eye sight disability. Seeing gens is hard, but doable, seeing hooks after picking up a survivor is now extremely hard, and god forbid they sabotage a hook and i have to find a new one and evaluate the distance.... I might as well just drop the survivor, I almost never use hexes but finding it and keeping an eye on it during the match will be sheer right impossible, and reading auras? Tried it yesterday, i can't do it. I literally cannot do it! And playing with trapper is just out of the question.

I hate doing this i really do, but if you could revert this it would be appreciated. I never wanted for a game to change because i have an issue, it's not other players problems but this small change made my work so much harder! And i know its hell for colorblind people as well

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

I'm not colorblind or anything (mild eye injury though) but since the update I have a hard time playing killer as the gens and scratchmarks are now indistinguishable from each other, if I see them at all.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

Colorblind or not, these new auras are a pain in the arse for killers

• MaybeShesCrazy
    edited July 2020

@DrDeepwound True, but, I think it would be far easier and effective if it were simply fixed.

To rely on all your users to manually make adjustments seems a little - well - not good and not everyone will have the ability, r know how.

It's not just people with color blind issues having trouble with them Many users seem to be who have normal sight and hearing.

LOL @ you know Greek Cosmetics. XO

Post edited by MaybeShesCrazy on
  • ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I’m colourblind. I’m not sure if it plays into it but I find blood in the game hard to track and Blendettes are my nemesis.

However I’m coping mosty ok with the new auras. Distant ones can be hard to see, and the new auras are....a little funky looking. But im coping ok. I would like the old auras back though.

The old auras looked like human beings at a distance. The new auras dont resemble a human walking. Its like looking at the xray of a monkey or something with how survivors kind of hunch over. I would honestly make the auras more like the old ones or adjust distant auras.

• MaybeShesCrazy

I play survivor. Many of my teammates are leaving people on hooks because they can't see them. lol

OMG holy cow - both sides are agreeing for once. Did the universe just turn upside down? 🤣

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

Maybe its was done to bring the community together lol.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

I did this last night by accident too, I was like damn that is a first. I totally wouldve saved the dude.,