Before huntress gets (maybe) nerfed, does anyone genuinely think her basekit is OP?

Options
MusicNerd_TC
MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I'm pretty sure she is getting a red bar next, so she can't hold the hatchet as a constant threat. I've never seen anyone complain about her basekit, only iri head and the belt. I think she's a very balanced killer personally. Before she gets her potential nerf, why do you think she is balanced or OP?

Comments

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

Yeah, I was mostly joking about the Billy part. Just making the comparison that if I found old Nurse and old Billy to be fun to play against, and I find current Huntress fun to play against...two data points can become three pretty easily...

• MusicNerd_TC
    Options

I think Michae and pigl are getting a buff next personally

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    Options

The least they would do if they for some reason decided to change it. Would be the addons. And as we know bhvr have a tenancy to change and weaken the base kit. Like change it to holding a hatchet for a long time can give her hand fatigue for 5 secs. And then all the addons would be like, when charging a hatchet shorten the distance of throws but award 100% deviousness or when holding a hatchet at full charge the lullaby becomes global.

Any how I personally think she is one of the most balanced and least likely to get nerfed.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options
  • Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

her basekit is fine. Just exhaust addons and iri head need a tweak. Thats it SHE DOSENT NEED A ######### COOLDOWN AFTER THROWING A HATCHET DEVS THIS IS NOT A MOBA GAME SO STOP

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

she not Op don't need a nerf.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited July 2020
    Options

We know devs are unable to change addons without gutting the killers power. So if Huntress is next on the hit list get ready for longer wind up time and less hatchets at base.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Her basekit is fine. I dont think she will get nerfed. The only flag is Iri head and Infantry belt combo.

I personally think she should keep her exhaustion add ons but I know they’re going to get removed. No way should a skillful long distance shot or split-second threading the needle shot be rendered void just because the survivor pressed E to dead hard.

• MusicNerd_TC
    Options
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Huntress is perfectly fine. All that needs to go on her is the iri heads add on.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'd only change Iri Head. Her basekit isn't OP in any way.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2020
    Options

NO.

Her base kit is just fine. Literally the only thing that NEEDS to change is Iridescent Head. She needs an add-on pass but only to bring her up to date with the rest. Pungent Faile, Coarse Stone, Fine Stone, and Shiny Pin should all be reworked to have a new effect.

IMO...

• Pungent Faile should give you a crosshair. Green rarity.
    • Coarse Stone should remove the sound of a fully charged hatchet/hatchet cancel for survivors (Huntress still hears it so she knows when it's charged). White rarity.
    • Fine Stone silences the lullaby for 20 seconds after hitting a hatchet. 80 second cooldown. Purple rarity.
    • Shiny Pin should instantly give her Bloodlust tier 1 when entering a chase but remove hatchets as a cost. Basically she would become a 115 killer in a chase with fewer hatchets. Normal Bloodlust rules apply, so if she swings or throws a hatchet during the chase she loses it. Maybe also has a cooldown time. Pink rarity.
    • Iridescent Head should regenerate hatchets over time. Something that would be of value but still punish Huntresses that miss a lot in a chase. Maybe 1 hatchet every 10 seconds? IDK maybe that's too fast.

Also I think that there should be a new status effect called Begrimed that slows down survivor repair speed. Then have Begrimed Head just inflict that status for 120 seconds. Basically it's the same only it inflicts a status effect instead of doing it's own thing.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

As a survivor main, I can say that I don't think she needs a nerf. She just needs two things: hit boxes reviewed (maybe hit validation will fix this) and changes to iri head.

For iri head, I recommend making it cause hatchets to function like a boomerang, where they return to her hand after impact. Gunslinger only has to do a small action to reload, so a boomerang hatchet would add reload time with the amount of time it would take to hit and then return. That would be powerful, feel rare, and better than insta-down (for survivors).

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

I don't think devs can even nerf Huntresses base kit without making her obsolete in comparison with Deathslinger, the same way as they can't nerf Deathslinger's chase power without making him obsolete in comparison with Huntress.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

While I do not call for nerfs, being able to throw a hatchet across map at a BBQ aura and down someone, well,.... we know its BS.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253
    Options

She is fine as it is. She has enough downsides already.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

She's balanced in my experience but is BHVR that makes the final call

her hum gives her away, a small TR and slower movement speed allow survivors counterplay

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

Outside of iri head literally nobody says she’s op. If they nerf anything else along with iri head I won’t even know anymore

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

What are your thoughts on Spirit just out of curiosity?

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2020
    Options

She's a weird one. The power they gave her is one that relies heavily on mind games, and because of that, even the best survivors can still fall to her. She doesn't even need stridor, as long as you have headphones and the survivors don't have iron will. Faking a phase can be somewhat risky outside of a loop but it can pay off. In a loop, it's almost a 50/50 depending on Spirit's skill vs the survivor. If a survivor can read the Spirit player and what they usually do (e.g fake phase a lot, never fake phases, mix between the two), then they have a chance of getting out the loop and wasting more of her time or maybe even losing her entirely.

I may be a killer main primarily, but I'd say she takes less "skill" to play than the survivor needs to out play her. Personally whenever i play Spirit, I don't use headphones or Stridor and rely mostly on predicting survivor movement and taking educated guesses on where they are, sometimes sound helps. When you look at Nurse, her power takes genuine skill, the most skilful Killer in the game currently IMO, then you look at Spirit. I'm an advocate for an entire rework of her power, just to become something more, uh..."fair". Very good survivors can pull some slick moves to juke her phases, but the best Spirits won't always allow that to go on for long. She's almost as powerful as Nurse, but takes far less time to both learn and master.

• MercySparda
    MercySparda Member Posts: 17
    Options

Everyone keeps complaining about Iri heads but honestly it's no different than any other one hit killer. What next? Remove tombstone, too op? She gets mad of 3 hatchets and unless you're clumped together and the huntress has perfect aim, the danger is far less than a bubba or Billy. Yeah she can throw across the map but we all know that takes extreme skill and or luck. Iri heads are honestly fine and I don't trust BHVR to give her a relevant add on of iridescent quality that isn't a complete nerf.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2020
    Options

She can hit you when you're in an animation lock throwing down a pallet or vaulting a window, you can't avoid it in these situations and Huntresses using this add-on combo will be waiting for these moments to happen so they can strike, some of them have little trouble hitting close range hatchets also. Other one-shot killers can't hit you over obstacles.

• DrDeepwound
    Options

Plague says hi.

Killers deal with flashlight stuns while stuck in animation, those coins have two sides.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

She is fine. The only thing I hate is her "hitbox" hits with hatches (that's prob because of ping - and yes I play on green ping lobbies). It just feels cheated when I get hit but my character is allready in different position.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Do you have any idea how difficult this is to do? If someone develops that skill then they’ve earned it, this is not in any way a common experience against most huntresses.

• MercySparda
    Options

Bubba you absolute can. Look down and it extends your chainsaw range at windows. Otz has shown this multiple times. Flashlight blinds while stuck in an animation happens constantly. What's good for the killers should be good for the survivors. If we can have things happen in animation so should you. That's called balance.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

Have you seen Zubat or Umbra play with iri heads? They end games in minutes. If you don't think the most busted addons in this game is gamebreaking, then you really haven't played this game much or your vision on balance is extremely skewed. The best huntresses play without addons because her basekit is honestly strong enough to do that well.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020
    Options

ummm, yeah Im a killer too bro. I love playing huntress and always run BBQ to do this as often as I can. When you see a godhuntress in action they can do this every single match dude. And I am not even that good at hatchets LOL

I think it is unbiased to admit that. To deny the fact Huntress can down you across map is simply ignoring facts about balance. The reason I mentioned it is because its her base kit which is what this thread is about.

• SomeGuy7000
    SomeGuy7000 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Fix the terrible hitboxes in this game and she would be fine

• Seiji212
    Options

A one shot down from across map? That with skill you can do to at least two survs with almost no cooldown? Huge difference.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Don't forget a cooldown to the hatchets, and if she holds her hatchet for a few seconds after the fully charged, she will get a cramp and won't be able to throw hatchets for 60 seconds.

• MercySparda
    Options

I don't know who either of them are and don't really care. Most games end in minutes regardless of add ons. Yeah, they're strong. That's the point of iri add ons. People are complaining about something and offer no solution to it.

• Seiji212
    Options

Very good huntresses, yes. There aren’t that many and most maps don’t allow even them to do it. Not a balance issue, if she does it once then survs should hide when she hooks. Not hard to counter in the least.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I think shes fine. Just rework iri and nerf infantry belt a bit and she should be good.

• Seiji212
    Options

My comments disappear too often. Very good huntresses can do that, but it’s rare due to maps usually not allowing it. And it’s hardly a balance issue. If she does it once and survivors don’t take cover when she hooks then that’s more due to stupidity than it being unbalanced. Easy to counter. It’s fine.

• DrDeepwound
    edited July 2020
    Options

I know its fine which is why I prefaced my comment with "Im not calling for a nerf" of it. But it SHOULD be mentioned in a thread about Huntresss base kit.

Is there any other killer who can down you from across map without any cooldown or requirement? Nope. She stands alone in that which is precisely why it should be mentioned in this thread. Hardly anyone brings it up, they complain about Iriheads but forget she has the longest reach in the game.