Bring old DS back

nameu
nameu Member Posts: 1

So I understand that current DS serve as a tool against filthy campers and tunnelers. Okay. I get and appreciate it. But old DS did it as well and even more. How about the people who get downed very fast at the start of the match? It's not fair at all. Old DS was the last thing that brought a bit of a balance to this game and yet you destroyed it. Now killers dominate and eliminate everything and games as survivor are very frustrating. Good job. Guess why waiting times as the killer are so long?

My suggestion is to return old DS back. Who agrees?

Comments

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Big no

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

really it's a NO , NO , NO never again. survivor play with broken perks and think is great and skilled. Can a mod close this thread please.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I think it should be useable more than once in its current form. I've only been hit with it one time since the change, because I don't tunnel, so it really would not effect me much. That said, I think if you really want to discourage tunneling, make it activate for 60 seconds after hook 1 and hook 2 regardless of whether it was used. (Not sure if it currently works that way or not; then again, if/when I play survivor I never use DS - even old DS.)

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    edited May 2019

No. Never. Never ever, ever. The old DS is gone and it'll never come back.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

That isn't happening. The old ds had no intelligent play or true counterplay outside of juggling which was situational. You shouldn't be able to deny a killer his first hooks on survivors without help from teammates or the killer being a bonehead and messing something up.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

If you can't last more than 5 seconds in a chase you need practice.

Watch some juking videos, and looping.

You're trying to blame the killer for doing his/her job and not yourself.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Even your reflection in the mirror says no.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Old DS is never coming back. You just need to accept that.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

"Restore balance" this game would be dead if it was balanced the way you would.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

No.

Even current DS is broken in the sense that it won't "protect" survivors from being tunneled.

It just gives them 60 seconds of invulnerability, plain and simple. I've been hit with DS after chainsawing and hooking 2 other people in those 60 secs.

Tell me how is that tunneling.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

I wonder if theres going to be these types of threads a few years down the road...

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The whole concept of tunneling is hard to tackle in a game where the only objective for the killer is hitting and downing survivors. If they wanted less tunneling they should have made the game have more stuff for both sides to do other than rush the ######### out of each other.

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246

Them downvotes though, LOL

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Retarted troll post. Account made not 7 hours ago and first post is to bring back DS and how it was balanced. Get lost loser.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

Current Decisive is still viable, why are survivor mains still bitching? In fact, if the future enduring change comes to the live build, it won't affect Decisive and it will last the full 5 seconds. Decisive strike still has the power to save your ass and win you games.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Agree.

Additional mandatory objectives have been missing for a long time now.

And there's no sign of them in the near future.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Never bring old DS back. New one is perfectly fair, old one was way too OP.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited May 2019

A bit of balance. What you got rewarded for failing a chase.

Like it or not the skillcheck was not difficult to hit and it basically mean that you got waste the killer's time for free.

The way it is now is actually a lot more balanced it punishes tunneling but doesn't reward you just randomly getting down.

The Killers that aren't tunneling or camping aren't punished for doing their jobs

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

To compensate, bring back OG NOED, Deerstalker, TINKERER, UNRELENTING, & PWYF!

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Is this the post with the most downvotes here in the forum?

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Shitpost Friday was yesterday sorry

• preetygoodforumsofar
    preetygoodforumsofar Member Posts: 81

no u

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited May 2019

Can we break 100 downvotes? Only 1 more lol

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

No. Not fun for the obsession OR the killer. Current DS is fine; it acts as a counter-tunneling perk, and that's OK. Although I do wish there was a way for idiots that intentionally get caught to use it could be punished for playing that way.

• TheChosen0N3
    TheChosen0N3 Member Posts: 98
  • Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

OH YEAH BABY. the death of ds is somewhat the beginning of the end of an era of total game unbalancement

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Old thread, but TBH as a killer i much prefer the old DS. The old one had a counter, i could juggle the survivor and often still get a hook. Also, it only really worked on the guy who was the obsession most of the time.

On top of all that, you could run Enduring and reduce the duration of the stun.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2020

the one that punished the killer for winning a chase? oh i post a comment in a very old tread why do people revive these things?.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited July 2020

Am I the only who who actually prefered old DS over new DS? Old DS had so many counterplays ... Enduring, Unnerving Presence, dropping, basement stairs, Clown's bottles ... plus survivor couldnt abuse lockers, or getting grabbed of a gen or window. Survivors also couldnt abuse it as much during endgame, because you could drop them. Non-obsession was pretty much a wasted perkslot, unless someone else gave you a free hit.

• Eredin_Bréacc_Glas
    Eredin_Bréacc_Glas Member Posts: 24

DS still needs a nerf because I constantly get hit with hit even if I'm not tunneling my record is this

Survivor A gets unhooked

Survivor B gets hooked

Survivor C gets hooked

Survivor A gets downed again and I try to hook him DS, I was clearly tunneling btw

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772

Clown bottles still work right now.

Lockers and windows also worked. Ds would work upon being picked up and being carried.

Old ds, all 3 forms of it, deserve to be forever lost in memory.

We bring back old ds then we better be removing half the pallets that spawn on the map. Especially now, at a time where early game pressure is so crucial.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

But can you tells us when you are going to nerf it even more? At this point I am 100% sure you are going to nerf it again because for some reasons waiting 60 seconds and chasing someone else, slugging, eating the DS are not enough counters for some people. Somehow all survivor perks should have an activation condition, a penalty and a very small in game effect so it doesn't bother the killer in any way or require them to change their playstyle in any way.