We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Before huntress gets (maybe) nerfed, does anyone genuinely think her basekit is OP?

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

No, she has plenty of counters

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183

This is also very true but in holding out hope that they fix the auras. Nobody who isn’t insane or sadistic should be fine with how they are. Rip, my trapper games. I almost wish they’d put traps in lockers like with huntress because I can’t find the darn things.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I find the hatchets very easy to dodge normally, it's just up to the Huntress to make perfectly timed throws to avoid it, aka skill.

I think she's very balanced, addons not so much.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I agree with you my tower junkie friend. Long days and pleasant nights, and thankee sai.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

she needs hit box fixes are for iri head to not stack with hatchet number addons other than that shes fine

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Only her addons (or rather, only ONE of her addons) are OP.

Thus, BHVR will add an overheat mechanic to her hatchets.

• hanibel
    hanibel Member Posts: 164
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Literally my only issue with Huntress is the mini fridge she throws in place of a hatchet.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I main Huntress- her basekit is fine, delete Iri head and Exhaustions and all is perfect

but nah she needs to be changed in some form instead of Spirit, the precious anime killer sells alot of cosmetics

• MusicNerd_TC

I just want to know, what's wrong with exhaustion add-ons?

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

They are from a different time in Dbd before exhaustion perks were nerfed. If you can hit a hatchet 2ft away from survivor, they are guaranteed to go down, you dont get any distance and any exhaustion you were planning to use is now gone.

Mostly just relied on by people who cant hit even medium range hatchets, they are not needed anymore

• Seiji212

Disagree on the exhaustion addons. Survivors are overly reliant on exhaustion perks nowadays to the point where they seem to think it’s impossible to escape that scenario without them. Simply not true. I think the exhausting addons are fine- huntress is slow.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Did...did you just say Billy's "fine now"? As in, he wasn't mostly fine before?

Are we just ignoring the addition of the roar and the changing of the chainsaw sounds? And are we saying that the new terror radius and chase music are better than the older ones and not because of the novelty?

I feel like we live in parallel universes where the Billy you know is not the Billy I know because the Billy I know doesn't allow me to tap the power button repeatedly for fun, beginning a rev, without overheating in an obscenely short time. The small changes add up...

• MusicNerd_TC

Watch new gameplay of him. It is genuinely HARD to get the chainsaw to overheat. Also, I love the roar thank you very much.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I can tap the power button repeatedly and get it to overheat in a little over 11 seconds. That's not fast, and that's a huge penalty for something as little as what is effectively a taunt.

While you may love the roar (for comedy?), I think it's far too silly. I stop and laugh at it as survivor, and that gets me dead. As a killer, it can be annoying and repetitive, given that I love going for chainsaws even if I know I can't hit them. It's the same deal with Nurse. The changes make players who just enjoy using his power for fun and not effectiveness are punished far beyond just missing an attack. I don't play Hillbilly to be as effective as I can be; I play just to enjoy the experience of going for bonkers chainsaws that work out 1/100 of the time, and then the survivors say, "oh, I wasn't expecting that." I am the kind of killer that is perfectly happy seeing the exit gates get powered as long as I've had ample opportunity to use my power for my pleasure, whether that results in downs or not.

So, to me at the very least, what the devs did to Hillbilly was the worst thing they could have done. Instead of addressing backrevs, strange hitbox connections, and the speed of his chainsaw cooldown or even his movement speed during that, the devs went and just said, "NOPE! Our game is not for people who just want to have fun. Be competitive (we don't mind you having a little fun if you're competitive) like this is an E-sports tournament, or get lost!" And that's just disappointing...

• Seiji212

If it isn’t fast then why complain about the penalty? How are silly noises punishing the player? Why act like you aren’t in the minority for wanting fun over competitiveness? Fun is subjective, competitive balance isn’t. What’s with the hyperbole? So many questions.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Her exhaustion add ons need to be reworked, not just her iri head.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Imo her exhaustion add-ons are fine, 50/50 the survivors won't always be running exhaustion perks.

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102

They should just add a range to iri head and make so her hatches don't hit survivor's heads even if they are 1 meter below them

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm a killer main not a survivor main and I think a 90s exhaustion is beyond overpowered for a ranged attack, also I play rank 1 for both roles and it isn't a 50/50 people don't run those perks, it's a 98/2 that they run them.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

She is definitely never getting a nerf so...i think that'd say enough about her base kit being fine. I don't mind iri head because you get 3 max and you've gotta actually hit it.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

It's totally okay to have a different opinion and that's not rude at all <3 (although I wish others had the same mentality), and boy we must face different matches because I rarely see any dead hards or lithes in my matches.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

Her hatchet power is alright although i would like her to have a passive ability or something that fits her character to make her more interesting

• DaddyPyramidHead
    DaddyPyramidHead Member Posts: 33

Just remove the infantry belt and iri head stacking together and shes fine

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

As someone that absolutely loathes facing the huntress with every fiber of my being, I'm not really sure how you'd nerf her. She throw the massive beach balls in hatchet form. If she can't aim, she's easier than a baby nurse. If she's a rank 1 huntress, you all die instantly.

It's one of the few killers where personal skill matters.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I sincerely hope they won't do any major changes to Huntress's base kit or the majority of her add-ons. In my opinion, she only has three which need a revisit:

• Iridescent Head: Literally just change the instant-down effect to only apply on successful hits from further than 24m away. It wouldn't even need the massive ammo restriction if adjusted like this.
    • Venomous Concoction (Rare, causes 90 sec of Exhaustion): Drop its max Exhaustion to 30 seconds.
    • Berus Toxin (Common, causes 30 sec of Exhaustion): Remove or rework to do something else. I'd personally like to see them capitalize on the Madness status effect beyond Doc's power. Have this apply Madness I (complete with tier-up scream) for 90 seconds. Stays at either Common or Uncommon rarity.

Then just give her a second Ultra-Rare add-on option. Of all the suggestions I've heard, my personal favorite is the boomerang:

• (Insert UR add-on name here): Successful hatchet hits will automatically reload 1 hatchet. Reduces hatchet carrying capacity by 4.
  • xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

If they fix the stupid hitboxes sometime, huntress will be fine.

Now most of her hits are total bs.

Can't wait for the hit validation and huntress players be like "What's wrong with my missed hatchets lately?"

It's not wrong, you didn't deserved the hits in the first place.

** All that IF the new system works.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

She honestly should have been looked at way before Billy.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

Her hatchet hitbox is crazy. Other than that, she's ok.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Are you really comparing a flash light stun to a long range insta-down? That's asinine, at best.

• Dpooly
    Dpooly Member Posts: 474

She needs a second red add-on and iri head reworked, but overall she's fine.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited July 2020

"Given that we’re already pretty happy with the way Huntress performs, the changes to his base kit are minimal."

*Add cooldown and rework all her addon*

You may think i'm joking or trolling something but i'm seriously think this gonna happen again

Even though everybody said "Her basekit fine, just nerf her pink addon" but they gonna change everything anyway for satisfy new players

• Susinagi
    Susinagi Member Posts: 21

Base she is one of the most balanced killers But they need to fix the meshes to make her actually viable. A killer shouldn't have to remember where to throw over every area to be able to hit the survivor it should be visible with the naked eye

• Gamerpoop
    Gamerpoop Member Posts: 34

Perfectly balanced. As all killers should be

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited July 2020

She'll most definitely get an "exhausted" debuff when she holds her hatchet too long.

It might be a joke now.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Huntress doesn't need the red bar because there's a realistic downside to holding up a hatchet, survivors gain ground on you.

Billy on the other hand moves at the same speed as a running survivor. There's a big difference.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Huntress is not op at all. All that needs to be changed is Iridescent Head, since it's stupid when paired with infantry belt.

Iridescent Head by itself, is balanced. And Infantry Belt by itself, is balanced. Together, they are not.

All they need to do is make it so her hatchets are 1-hit down if the survivor's are a certain distance away, like the deathslinger's iridescent coin.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

The only problem with Huntress is hatchet hitbox sizes...

• DrunkenXSMonkey8456
    DrunkenXSMonkey8456 Member Posts: 53

Tbh, just better hit detection on objects and slight add on rework and we're good. Seeing a lot of good suggestions for add on reworks, she's very powerful in the hands of a skilled killer, which should be the point. Her hatchets are a pain to use but they reward greatly for using them well.

Should be the principle behind all killers. Powers can be a pain to use but reward you for skill so the potential is higher, like nurse. But keep 'easier' killers around with lower potential when you don't feel like being sweaty today lol

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36

No.

She's so map dependent, the wrong map can completely shut you down as a Huntress.

There's also literally no point to holding hatchets indefinitely soooo

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I'm not advocating adding a red bar at all, I'd just like to point out that what you're saying is incorrect. Holding hatchets is very often the right play except at short loops. The survivors do actually lose ground on you, because they have to dodge. If they don't, they get clobbered with a charged shots that flies at 40 m/s with very generous hitboxes even without considering dedicated servers. Rushing a throw is actually the way to miss most of the time, unless the survivors are basic or take bad pathing/lock themselves in animation.

Feel free to watch videos of the best huntress players or guides. You will see they're not shy at all about holding hatchets for what seems forever.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

No, Nurse isn't even comparable. Her power is still ridiculously strong and she ignores everything the survivors can possibly do bar stealth, which is rectified by perks. The only saving grace is that there's now a punishment for messing up, which there never used to be and actually made her a pretty easy killer once you got past that initial skill floor (spammidy spam spam spam!)

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Base is fine (besides the issue of her hatchets feeling like she threw a literal tree trunk that hit you due to latency which is a latency issue)

Adjust Iridescent Head (and maybe Infantry Belt)

• revertbillychange
    revertbillychange Member Posts: 4

Her base kit is definetly not op but neither was Billy's so she's getting nerfed anyways because the devs don't listen to the community and when they listen they don't do too much to fix the problem so yea we should all become survivor mains because they don't have a special power/abilityy so they won't get nerfed.

• adamn40
    adamn40 Member Posts: 6

I agree completely. Don't know why they don't cap map size. Would be easier to balance the game and they already did rework a bunch of maps just not all the ones that need reworks. Also get the bone maps out of the game 😂

• nesseychomp
    nesseychomp Member Posts: 7

Huntress absolutely does not need a nerf in the slightest. She is prob the easiest killer in the game personally to loop. Most huntresses i go against takes a minimum of 2 minutes to down me in a chase. Not only that but she doesnt have map pressure or gen pressure. She is just a chaser and if you are good you can end chases quickly to snow ball. If your out in the open she can get you with hatchets but at loops she is the most predictable character in the game. Legite every huntress tries to capitalize on certain situations others cant with her hatchets. Such as dropping pallets, vaulting windows, throwing a hatchet through a window, throwing a hatchet from long range, trying to throw hatchets over shorter loops. All of which can be countered by either ducking, greeding the pallet, or standing at the corner of the loop when she tries to throw a hatchet threw a window of a T and L or shack.

• adamn40

There is still loads of counterplay to nurse on the survivors end. Yes a good nurse can stop that nearly 100% of the time but that's how killers should be balanced.

• adamn40

Lol can't wait. They'll probably nerf pig and Myers too. The devs need to realize this game is a 1v4. All killers should be Doctor Freddy (possibly Pyramid Head) level. Without needing to slug/tunnell/camp