• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207
    Options
    No, It's fine

No, this is a bad rework, if this was in a normal gameplay, now you can't even gen tap so the gen at 99% doesn't go down, this is not good enough.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Thing is lockers are supposed to be a stealth mechanic, not a "Oh ######### the killers on me, better jump in a locker and make the killer leave or run out the timer because this has no counterplay" mechanic.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    edited July 2020
    Options
    No, It's fine

Rework:

If there are still generators that need to be completed:

Timer is removed, and DS is active until a survivor performs an interaction.

----

If there are no generators remaining / EGC has started:

Timer lasts 20/25/30 seconds. Timer instantly expires when the survivor performs an interaction.

----

An Interaction is: Tapping a generator, tapping a totem, tapping an exit gate switch, healing another survivor, being healed completely to "healthy" state yourself, entering a locker, unhooking a survivor.

To further balance it, I think "flashlight save" and "pallet save" should be considered an interaction.

----

I think this largely makes DS fair for both sides and is situational depending on the # of gens remaining to further balance it.

Think about it this way. If the survivor isn't doing gens/totems/healing/unhooking - Then what good are they?

• Buddha
    Buddha Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Are you for real ? image 4 people using DS thats 8 DS that can be used in a single match, nah man seems like you dont play killer much.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

at that point you might as well say every game the killer tunnels everyone at the same time and survivors need to be invincible for a full minute after hooking and if a killer hooks fast enough so ds is active on all the players he should just lose. if i am characterizing anything you think tell me. define tunneling. to me and i suspect most people tunneling is not tunneling if you are hooking more than one survivor if you dont think so explain why and why this wouldn't work

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Wrong, try again.

Bruh, it doesn't even matter at this point, I'm going to continue to laugh and chuckle at the mere thought regardless. And I know for a fact I'm not alone in acknowledging how absolutely ridiculous the notion is either.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options
    No, It's fine

Lockers are simply an item in the game, and they're used for more than just stealth. Unless you consider head-on to be a stealth perk. Don't make up bogus killer rules and then state how survivors have somehow broken them. You're no better than the survivor complaining about killers slugging.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Tell me how running into a locker with 50 seconds on DS is fair? Head on is a way to stun the killer if stealth fails, not a way to use lockers offensively.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

I know, but in order to debunk an argument, you must destroy it on its merits first.

• Seiko300
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Which you didn't. The idea of buffing Decisive is ludicrous and wrong, therefore the idea of providing it as a votable option is redundant, and that still stands.

In the same way that if you created a voting poll that had three options on taxing the rich: "Should the rich be taxed just as much as every other citizen or should they be taxed more than the average citizen?" and then secret poll option number three: "should the rich be taxed LESS than everybody else". That is basically what you're asking for, and the idea that "without that third poll option the vote would be BiAsEd" that's not true, that's dumb. It's absolutely flawed logic that nobody ever asked for, and you've only made it this far because you've been scrutinizing every small detail on the most ridiculous of basis.

So cut the crap bud. You haven't proved anything, except that you have a talent for wasting my time as well as your own.

This argument is completely unnecessary as well as pointless, which is the only reason I was giving you an out, not conceding the argument as you seem to have mistaken. There are things that warrant greater attention and discussion than your ridiculous notions of which polls may "possibly hint at a bias" and which may not.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Not to be a dick, I also think its ludicrous. But 2 people have actually voted to buff it. Not having the option would force them to be unable to show how inexperienced/ignorant they are.

• Seiko300
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Two people.

Holy sh*t, pump the brakes if I had known two people would vote I would have realized the errors of my opinion long ago.

Really?

Two people out of One Hundred and Fifteen Total Votes. (As of now)

In other words: 0.01739130434% of respondents.

Less than a percent of voters

This is exactly what I'm referring to, such a ridiculously small, insignificant, inconsequential portion of respondents so as to may as well be rendered completely and utterly negligible in every sense of the term.

In any statistic, for example a pie chart: you would not even be able to see that small sliver, and people would hardly realize there was a third option in the first place. Thus making it just as pointless as were it not even there to begin with.

If anything you helped prove my point by bringing that fact up.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

I mean, you could say the same thing about any 2 votes. But lets be honest, as you've already argued this isn't really worth discussing. Sorry for bringing it back up.

• Trollfarceur
    Trollfarceur Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Honestly I would be happy only by nerfing the "locker juke"... Something like "Grabbing a survivor (traps, lockers, windows / pallet vaults) does not trigger DS.

Other than that, I would really like Devs to add a new mechanic working such as exhaustion perks for all second chances perks. For example, you can bring DS and Unbreakable BUT when you use one of them, the other can't be use this match.

• LonelyBananana
    LonelyBananana Member Posts: 11
    Options
    No, It's fine

pffft, people actually voted for the buff

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

I wouldnt change a lot about DS, just make it so that if you just touch a gen it gets disabled so you cant abuse it, thats all, the 60 sec timer and the conditions are fine tho

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Yes, Nerf It

Bro, DS doesn't need to be changed, it needs to be removed.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options
    No, It's fine

Yes it's fair.

DS is a tunnel counter, you could have chased the other guy but you chose to re-hook and DS is the risk that comes with that choice.