is clown fun to play

Options
yusdacra
yusdacra Member Posts: 56
edited August 2020 in Polls

Personally i find clown very fun to play.

is clown fun to play 50 votes

Fun to play
56%
Techn0DaDevilsSkirtCheersDimekI_am_NeganHertsuFINmusstang62HPhoenixEnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGSebaOutbreakGlamourousLeviathanDawnMadCornHubElcopolloSkullKidhahadrillgobrrrLunaWateryusdacraSIeepWaIker 28 votes
Not fun to play
44%
IhatelifeBlueberryTrollfarceurF60_31anarchy753Boosted_DwightUistreeljonahol2000FilledPizzaOrangeJackAwkward_FiendOwlzeyTerr0rwristEobardThawneHarHenPior_MorteAaliyahZeusGoliathstargazer9 22 votes
Post edited by yusdacra on

Comments

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    Options

Clown is arguably the weakest killer in dbd right now, so sure in the lower ranks you'll have a nice time but in the higher ranks you'll have to sweat your ass off and run good add-ons if you want a chance at the 4k. Personally I think he's pretty fun to play but I would never run him at high ranks if I don't have to.

• yusdacra
    yusdacra Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Fun to play

Fun is not getting a 4k for me i just wanna play the game even sweaty swf groups can't ruin my fun

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options
    Not fun to play

only If you're okay with losing a decent number of games.

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    Options

If you don't play to win and you like him then go ahead man, I'm not gonna decide for you whether or not you have fun with a certain killer, was just saying that if you're competitive, then maining him wouldn't be the best choice.

• jonahol2000
    jonahol2000 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Not fun to play

I like his power and he would be my favorite killer if he wasn't so bad. I don't think getting stomped is fun.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I meeeeeeeeaaaaaaannnnn....

It's a two way street honestly, and because of that I can't answer when the poll options are only black and white "yes and no" answers because especially for lower tier killers like Clown, it's more complicated than that. As someone who has always loved the clown as a character, his lore and background, his theme, etc. the general fantasy surrounding the Clown has captured my attention ever since he was released.

And yeah, if you are not expecting anything to come from your matches you can have a lot of fun playing as the big belly boi. His power to throw gas bottles is something I always thought and still think was super cool and sometimes can be really satisfying to use. When it works.

That brings us to the flip side, when it doesn't work, it can be extremely frustrating. Especially if you forget to "not expect anything to come from your match" and you're suddenly queued with good survivors who know what they're doing. A lot of the success you'd see as Clown are likely purely because the survivors are doing something wrong.

At the same time that I say his power can be satisfying, it's also extremely one dimensional. In fact I would say it's probably the most one dimensional killer power there are out of the entire killer roster, there isn't anything fancy you can pull off with a Clown's bottles aside from maybe throwing it into the air to collide with an asset up high and letting all the gas fall down to the ground.

I'm more than certain that clown deserves a full rework, and before I had full faith they were going to give it to them. But after they left us with only one change and then moved on to Hillbilly / Leatherface (the former of which very few asked changes for) I was left with a bad taste in my mouth and extremely disheartened. Apparently the devs feel Clown is "underrated" which is one of the most bullsh*t things I have ever heard, Clown has problems, and no amount of being "underrated" changes that.

Previously I would say get Clown and keep an eye on the horizon for upcoming changes for him as we prepare to maybe see some additional affects added to the afterpiece tonic to make his power less one-dimensional, and more interesting to face and to use. Or he gets a secondary ability like the "Fun Time Gas Traps" that I've mentioned on numerous previous threads that would helps him to be more viable killer and switch up his gameplay.

But I can no longer say that with complete confidence, because I have no idea if they even plan on giving him additional changes which just sucks. It's like a punch to the gut, Clown has gotten the shaft for so long as one of the most ignored killers who has gotten the least amount of changes, he has the least amount of cosmetic outfits available in the store (a total of SEVEN, four of which are are locked behind a paywall) for any original character and it just sucks. It's a cycle of negligence that I thought for sure would end soon when they announced they were looking at the Clown, but as it turns out they looked at him for all of two seconds and that was it.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
    Not fun to play

I personally don't like playing him.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Fun to play

He's fun to play at the lower ranks. He's not viable at red ranks though in my experience, and even at purple ranks he can struggle at times.

• Trollfarceur
    Trollfarceur Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Not fun to play

He is funnier to play since the small buff (not being slowed when throwing bottles) but still quite boring

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,511
    Options
    Not fun to play

There's very little interaction and his skill ceiling is quite low imo. That makes him not very fun.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options
    Fun to play

I think Clown is fun to play.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Depends on the Survivors, if they play extra safe and pre-throw every pallet then no, he isn't.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 765
    Options
    Fun to play

I mean, I play only perkless Clown and I like him.

• RavenTufty
    RavenTufty Member Posts: 6
    Options
  • CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options
    Fun to play

Forcing survivors to throw down pallet after pallet just to go down 3 seconds later is the best

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Fun to play

if you don't care about winning he's one of my favorites. he also sucks but I digress.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Fun to play

He's really fun at loops. And he may be low tier but he's not the worst, so I keep playing as him even in high ranks. I get a 4k every now and then. His latest small buff actually helps a lot, so yeah, I personally have fun with the Gassy Boi.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
    Not fun to play

I don't find him very fun at all.

He's very one-dimensional in a roster of incredibly unique powers. Toss bottle, slow, repeat.