So... The new Leather face is...

2»

Comments

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

So u don't want 4ks then. I love him and I might main him now. I main huntress and trapper currently but leatherface could be a third main for me now

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,179

You can absolutely loop him. Drop the pallet. That's literally all you have to do. He can't hug corners during the saw. Loop a jungle gym like normal and drop the pallet on the saw wind up.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

Yes, I can honestly say that the players I come across are no beginners but pros.

• Sunbreaker7

No need to put words in my mouth, I never said I don't want 4ks. I don't want super easy 4ks that do not require much skill but just playing an op character that puts survivors in great disadvantage. I am happy to hear you love him, so do I and I highly encourage you to main him, there is no such thing as too many bubbas even when we are generally hated by the survivors due to bubba camp culture.

• JeshSol
    JeshSol Member Posts: 2

I Played 15 games today, 13 were against leatherface (he destroyed my team in all of them). He is way too broken now, good he got a buff but now he needs a nerf

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

This forum is actually survivor sided. It's full of survivor main asking for killer nerf

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

He's only been on live for like a day, let's wait until people on both sides adjust to him first.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

Time to mass hook suicide against Bubbas to send out a message

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198

Haha chainsaw go brrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Sunbreaker7

Not really, but one or two loop would be decent to ask, don't you agree?

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

Translation. I wanted 4k 100 games in a row without perks and addons

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

He punishes you for being outpositioned like he was designed..difference is..he can actually get people in the open without speed increases lol..

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

I went against him and a Meg and Claudette who were trying to get me killed too and escaped. XD

• Sunbreaker7

Now that I have got a pretty decent amount of time playing the new LeatherFace, I have come to appreciate his ability to mind-game with the chainsaw by changing direction and actually having the fuel in chainsaw to sweep all the way to the other side from unexpected direction. It has given him a whole new possibility to mind-game around walls and window corners.

However, my original statement has not changed anywhere. I still feel like a God playing him, and with each match, I have only grown more and more powerful being able to abuse his unchecked power to a point where games end before they even started pretty much almost every single game now. I'm having fun, but I don't think the survivors are...

• Sunbreaker7

I like to run (As a troll build because I now can): Iron Grasp, Mad Grit, Agitation, Enduring.

Once you get someone down, that's when the fun begins. You just run around searching for survivors while holding one on your shoulder, usually someone will come along trying to rescue by taking a hit, but they don't know you run mad grit so you get extra time to the struggle and get a free hit + hook. Heck, sometimes you can manage to down a survivor by hitting them twice as they try to continue to waste your time, not realizing how fast you are.

This build also let's you choose where you want to hook people, so pretty often you get to hook people all the way to the basement and force a basement stand-off. This does not mean you should camp the basement, just position the survivors to more favorable situation where they are not working on gens as much but rather try to sneak their way in basement despite you are not even there. This often buys one time to do a complete gen patrol to have better understanding what gens are being worked on.

As for real perks if I am not trolling: Knock out, Enduring, Infectious fright, and Pop goes the weasel.

I used to run BBQ instead of knock out or infectious fright depending on my mood, but the new auras are so horrible that I can barely see anyone with it.

Knock out buys you time when downing survivors, so you can go save a gen real quick if you know one is about to be finished (without fearing someone will come and rescue the downed survivor as they don't know where he is, usually). Infectious fright helps you know whether you can pick someone up savely when they are downed on a pallet path. Of course, it also gives you valuable info how many people are around. Pop and enduring is pretty self explanatory I think...

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Not OP.

Bubba's power can only help him while in a chase and it has 0 utility. So he can't just be merely good in a chase, he has to be amazing in a chase.

Huntress is another example of a Killer like this. And like new Leatherface her chase potential is insane.

But this is fine, because he's a dedicated chasing Killer. Getting around loops quickly for fast downs is his strength, and there wouldn't be much point in playing him if he couldn't do that, especially when billy exists.

• Machy619
    Machy619 Member Posts: 23

I've been playing him since the moment the patch came out and I've been having pretty balanced games with him. Windows are his absolute weakness and if you can time a pallet throw so it falls on him instead of in front he won't destroy it. He's pretty much balanced from what I've been experiencing so I really don't see your issue

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

In case you haven't noticed. Rework Bubba is like a new killer and as with any new killer people have to learn the killer's limitations. I've already seen good loopers that destroyed the new Bubba fairly effortlessly. Even Umbra who plays 99.99% killer only looped a new Bubba all game and caused a 4 man escape yesterday.

• Mystic_Flower
    Mystic_Flower Member Posts: 11

Ofc a killer is overpowered. Now when there is a leatherface, it is perfectly fine to leave a match early, Ill also tell my friends. Haha..

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I know. I just made up stats about forum users like he did.

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

Am I the only one who didn’t feel like Leatherface needed the rework? I’m red rank survivor and everytime I’d get stuck with a Leatherface of purple rank or higher my team would get decimated. I feel like all this did was give him more power that he honestly didn’t need tbh.

• Sunbreaker7

This is a long time coming. I have played LeatherFace for so long as rank 1 killer and I always felt like playing in a handicaped mode compared to other killers. He was so easy to outrun, he was so predictable in everything he could do within his powers. I am happy he got buffed but he got buffed way too much xd

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,316

The main issue with old Leatherface was he didn't really do much different than Billy. Leatherface could down multiple survivors with his chainsaw, but outside of being right there as a survivor goes for the unhook there wasn't many situations where that happened. Plus Leatherface's chainsaw had a lot of slowdown when charging and took a little bit to speed up that he really just had to breathing down the survivor's neck for the chainsaw hit otherwise the survivor would just outrun him.

Billy was just straight better than Leatherface (unless you wanted to camp hooks) so Leatherface needed some kind of change to make him more distinct. Which I think the rework did well as now Leatherface can now chase and down multiple survivors with his chainsaw on a single power use.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I just saved someone with BT against a leatherface, so I'm assuming you didn't wait until a somewhat decent time to save.

• imbadatsurvivor
    imbadatsurvivor Member Posts: 1

On one hand, yes. Leatherface is top-tier currently.

On the other hand, give it some time. They'll be many ways to counter him once people learn. And if there aren't, then they nerf him.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

Lol was wondering when I would start seeing "bubba op" threads

• Perfectsavage_13
    Perfectsavage_13 Member Posts: 23

I disagree Leatherface isn't as powerful as you claim it to be, as survivor he is still pretty counterable and we are able to complete gens with moderate map pressure. I like this bufff on him, but that alone isn't making him broken. If he dies facecamp gens just be rushing and the rest of escape unless he brings No One Escapes Death or a mori. And still playing as leatherface he's still around a mid tier killer with red rank survivors still able to counter him with ease.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Still can be countered with good pallet and window use, also he always used to be able to catch people out in the open with nothing, now he is just better at it.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I mean without add ons he is average and the only add ons that truly make him “broken” are iridescent and that’s kinda the point of them

• Unfun_Tunnel
    Unfun_Tunnel Member Posts: 51

Surprised that he went from ######### tier to high tier? What about freddy? Do you remember?But no one complains about him, about how he's super easy to play, strong and annoying to go against. You just have to learn how to counter the new bubba. This time behaviour is doing something good trying to nerf loops, we need more anti-loop killers. For one time they actually nerf survivor side instead of destroying killers.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,843

I'll need some more games playing as and against him, but first impression is that he seems okay. He's pretty weak against vault locations. Pallets still slow him down but they might need to be dropped earlier. Dead zones on maps are truly dead zones against him now though. No more running around a tree to counter him. He's unquestionably stronger than before. But is he broken? My first impression is no.

• zacattak48
    zacattak48 Member Posts: 100

Seems to me since leatherface can force you to drop a pallet or youll be chainsawed with most loops he's now "op". Just dont be greedy around loops. You shouldn't be able to loop one pallet forever, leatherface is strong but fair.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

Leatherface is fine, he is still an m1 killer he is not imposing more fear than old billy did to me, so no. he is loopeable, all you have to do is rush damn gens and you all will escape.