They look GREAT, but how many people care about charms?

Options
johnmwarner
johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

So cosmetic outfits are a pretty big deal to a lot of people, whether the free ones or paid for ones. I usually find one good outfit for any killer or survivor I’ll play a lot.

Charms however almost seem a waste, which is sad because a lot of them are REALLY REALLY AMAZING.

However you really can’t see them on survuvors. And I personally check them out on hooks when I run past to see what the killer has, does anyone else though? I guess certain ones (final rift ones) could let you know the killer plays a lot, whether you think that means anything is up to you.

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

I look when on the hook sometimes if a charm gets my attn, but I dont use them on my killers or survs personally.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 870
    Options

Just something that shows you traversed The Rift.

I like them myself but not alot of them as equal

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

I care more about the crowns being independent of the head cosmetic tbh.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I never pay attention. They’re too small to notice on survivors and who cares whats hanging on a hook?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

I use them on killer as they look quite cool on the hook.

Survivors I never equip them tbh as they dont add anything to the cosmetic imo.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Not really. I don't bother equipping them. And at this point I barely notice if they're on hooks.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Never really bothered with them; especially on survivor since they're just an extra object to catch the attention of a killer.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

Charms are just a meh for me, they're not generally special or intriguing in design and as others mentioned earlier, it's not that noticeable/interesting to look at.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I don't care about Charms. The only charms I use are the ones I earn for completing Rift chapters because at least I feel like I kind of earned those a little. Beyond that they're pretty inconsequential.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

I don't even use charms.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

I only care about charms on hooks. In-game match its hard to notice other survivors charms, they're too small , and most of time there's a lot of things going on in a match, and I need to stop what Im doing to see them, while on hooks I can easily pass by and see them.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

I don't use them

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

I love survivor who equip charm i could spot someone cause of that

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options
  • Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373
    Options

the fact that most are just pallet swaps of an earlier one is foolish. especially since you can get the next one so fast, it's not worth the effort to equip level one in the menu. plus it gets the selection screen way too cluttered.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

If they were a bit more customizable and a bit more varied I'd like them more. Let me choose to hook them to different locations, give me some patches/stickers for my clothing, etc.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392
    Options

I don't care much about anything cosmetic. I don't pay for the Rift, and I rarely buy skins.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

I like picking out charms for survivor and killers that I feel fit the character or build I'm running.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

I love em

I will never let go of my vial

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

It's not easy to mix and match with cosmetics, charms who's getting a lot of recolors often are the least interesting.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 322
    Options

I like them but I am also guilty for having a christmas tree up in july.😂 I guess I don't look at them often enough.

• LunarMess
    LunarMess Member Posts: 71
    Options

I think they are poorly implemented for killers, I like then on survivor but wish there was more customization as well. The Devs said they were going to work on skin customization, so im guessing for mid-chapter after chpt 17, we will see some pretty major changes (still hoping they spend an entire chapter on just working soley on making the game as good as we see it. Bug squashing n all that kinda stuff!)

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I occasionally equip silly ones, like the pizza or the snowflake, but most of the time I don’t even have any equipped. They’re a waste of resources in my opinion.

• Suwusie
    Suwusie Member Posts: 26
    Options

Only if it matches the outfit style. If it’s a cute outfit I’ll put on cute charms, if it’s darker I’ll slap on creepy/odd charms.

For killer if it’s shiny I likey

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257
    Options

I think the charms are cool, but I never use them because some of them are so small that you can’t even see them on the survivors. Not to mention if I’m on the hook I’m not looking at the charms on the hook I’m looking at the auras of my allies and screaming for them to get me off the hook. 😂

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

After grinding for "the brand new part" charm I stopped caring about other charms, and its the only charm that I sometimes wear. I have no idea why I dont grind other charms or dont care to wear them. Maybe to me its boring.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

The devs collected feedback about charms not too long ago I'm pretty sure. If people stop caring about charms or want them changed, the devs would be able to tell. I personally enjoy decking out my characters with charms even if I can't notice them on survivors all that well.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

It's always funny to see a Blendette wearing a glowing charm and that's how I find them.

• miachan22
    miachan22 Member Posts: 36
    Options

I just pay attention on the hooks, there is always the possibility to face the same killer twice in the same day/next match and recognize by the charms (so maybe same perks) :|

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

I like to equip ones that I think go well with survivors, not for anyone else but just for myself. So for my Dwight I have the pizza, the peak22 logo, etc.

Killer charms are much more fun because you don't have to worry about the giant flashing glowstick on your butt giving you away to the killer.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I only used the ones when I completed the first 2 rifts but since I don't have them anymore I don't use charms anymore like at all.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I like charms for the hooks, but for survivors they are mostly not visible, so I don't care much.

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102
    Options

Yea they suck but ppl need something to spend money on

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

I think charms are pretty cool, especially the ones that fit the lore or those you get at the end of the rift. It's good that they added them, a little more customization is always great. However they should really stop making the ones where they just recolor the same picture on a square like 4-5 times, that's just stupid and makes the charm list very messy.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

what a weird post to jump to first track

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

I only have Seal of Metatron and the Gradius charm.

The rest, don't care for.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

i just view them as a frame of reference

Someone got the orange vial? cool they should be a decent killer

Empty hook? may be new killer

thats all, idc about looks really since they are so insignificant

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I like them, but there is only a few of them I actually think look cool worn.

Some of them look very generic.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Hardly at all

I use maybe 1 on my main Ace, but that's about it. I don't bother with them at all on other survivors and I think I only have them on Ghostface (my killer main) and none of the other killers.

I'm not going to waste my time concerning myself with what was clearly a gimmick meant to pad the rift and make it look like there was more in it than there really was.

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193
    Options

I honestly think charms are pointless. Most are eyesores and just look weird. I got the first rift's little goo vile because it made me chuckle. I put it on Clown and that's pretty much it. I've got a pile of these charms with 0 interest in using them.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Honestly? They should change the charms to influence luck, hooks, chests etc and leave the offerings for maps and bloodpoints

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

I dont really care about them. But I do like the blue glowing apple one for my hooks, it actually helps me as a beacon on dark maps with my tv to find the hooks 🤣

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I don't think many people do care, but hey, you gotta have some sort of filler for the rift.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Honestly, not at all. Ill take the ones i get from the rift but ill never buy one

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I enjoy charms. Hoping one day to get some of the one's I missed from the first rift. It's actually what brought me to the forums, inquiring if they'd ever be available.

What I don't like are the charms that are just the same thing over and over recolored. Bit lazy.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

They look nice, but if they never existed I wouldn't be mad at all, they're useless.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

The charms are really tacky and suffer from clipping issues on a lot of outfits. As others have mentioned, they're just filler for the rift pass.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

They were cool to me when they were new but my interest for them dropped really quickly. Partially due to the abundance of them and the annoying amount of recolour charms where you get 5 of them. I genuinely keep forgetting that they exist as I rarely notice them on my survivors and don't pay much attention to the hooks.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

i just want spine chill charm that all but most not that great and there a lot dupe in the rift.