So I began tracking how often I'm the first survivor found (25 matches)

Options
Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,095
  1. First
  2. First (tied)
  3. First (tied)
  4. First
  5. First
  6. First
  7. -
  8. First
  9. First (tied)
  10. First (tied)
  11. First
  12. -
  13. -
  14. First
  15. First
  16. First
  17. First
  18. First
  19. First (tied)
  20. -
  21. -
  22. First
  23. First
  24. -
  25. First

There are four survivors in each match, right??

24% of matches where I wasn't found first. It should be the opposite if the odds were realy 1 in 4. 🔄

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

next could be if you the first one downed or not

• Kaleria
    Kaleria Member Posts: 9
    Options

Sounds like a combination of going to more obvious spots on the map, being bad at hiding, and the killer just choosing that direction to head at the beginning. 25 is an extremely small sample size too coupled with we don't know which characters / outfits you're running which again, might be a contributing factor to being found so easily.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 307
    Options

I would count how many pallets you use in the first chase, as well as how long I to the chase they give up/hook you. You might just be bad at hiding, also 25 matches isn’t exactly a lot for survivor.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    edited July 2020
    Options

no. It's not a chance, you're not throwing a dice or tossing a coin. You can somehow influence that very chance, i.e. hiding better or not hiding at all, or killer not finding anyone. Hence it shouldn't be 25% chance of being found, it doesn't mean anything. Also, I don't even know what's the point of this analysis...

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It used to always be me. Then I stopped running at the start of the match. Now it's nearly never me first.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options

Try not going to a gen at the start of the match and run the stats again, I have a feeling you'll fair better. Keep in mind that the first thing a killer does when they spawn is run to the furthest point of the map (usually). So what you should try doing is crossing over to the other side of the map without being detected and work a gen on that side.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

Most of the survivor spawn points are know. When the killer spawns into the game, he already knows where a few survivors will be and will bee lines to the closest.

• Nos37
    Options

If the killer spawns in one corner and knows that the survivors spawn in the other three, how is the killer correctly choosing my corner so often?

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193
    Options

Honestly? It just sounds like you're bad at hiding and you're bad at knowing what to do at the start to stat hidden. Don't repair the first gen you see. Don't run everywhere. Don't crouch behind a tree so your arms stick out the sides etc.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

The other 3 survivors probably have spine chill.

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253
    Options

Spine chill

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Where you running OoO? Jesus christ

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,678
    Options

Lol, what this should be telling you is that you are the problem since you are the only constant! Maybe don't just run to the first generator you see at the start of the match if you don't want to be the first one found.

• Nos37
    Options

I was actually running Slippery Meat and Up the Ante for the majority of these matches

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Yeah,it was just a joke because running deliverance somehow increases the chance to get found first

• Nos37
    Options

That's the one advantage those two perks have over Deliverance.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I’m usually first found but that’s because I immediately start sprinting around and hop on a gen. Being first found isn’t an issue if you’re comfortable looping the killer, if not you may be better served playing a little more stealthy until you know the killer is otherwise occupied.