What do you do if you see a key in the lobby?

DerZuntor
DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

What do you do if you see a key in the lobby? 77 votes

I just play normal
36%
MandyrhaIhatelifeDaDevilsSkirtCheersF60_31xEaRullisiPassarinoTAhoyWolfPájaTomie3213CornHubAwkward_FiendElcopolloNullclinesnotstarboardGenerator_RepairerBirdFloxWubalubadubdub03 28 votes
I bring a Mori
10%
BlueberryToybasherSzarmantenoresaxOBXcheetocultleader Antares2332[Deleted User] 8 votes
I bring Franklin's Demise
15%
TheRockstarKnightATerribleBillyCaz2018Mattie_MayhemOGSebaOutbreakIsJustMeOwlzeyRalfBehalfPior_MorteSCP_FOR_DBDZephanUnboundbleuberry 12 votes
I dodge the lobby
27%
SnakeSound222ZerLukasDimekanarchy753ParallaxRin_is_my_waifuMahetusIcewhisperGlamourousLeviathanScary_Punk_GhostToastyyTerr0rwristCinnabon488Luciferr_2ndMusicNerd_TCPeepoMozziestargazer9PawcelotNatural_Slasher 21 votes
Other
10%
Kind_LemonPrettyFaceKateWarcrafter4brubliThe_architectTotemsCleansernancymainGrimmy_Bluues 8 votes

Comments

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Unless I'm playing a build that has no flex or a Killer without it; in which case I play around the Key (i.e. Slug others if they're on death hook and Key isn't, focus on Key as much as is safely possible, pay attention to where I death hook Key and/or of it's still in their hand at any given time, etc.)

6 times out of 10 Key is just some goober playing alone or with goober friends, so I can ease up a bit.

But those 4 out of 10 times, it takes everything you've got to try and counter a squad with a Key.

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526

SPIRIT, FRANKLIN'S DEMISE, MOTHER-DAUGHTER RING, YAKUYOKE AMULET, EBONY MORI. Or something as toxic as this.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    I dodge the lobby

Dodge, got not time for that noise, I'm here to play a game not half of one.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796
    I bring a Mori

Green Mori specifically

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Other

I start by playing normally and gauge what they do. Most of the time it's random players who don't know how to play the game and probably just brought an item. If it's a sweaty game instead, then they get the sweat.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    I just play normal

I know it'll be extremely annoying if it comes into use, but it provides me with a challenge. A hard challenge at that. If I see a map with it, I'm usually out. Just in case it's rainbow.

• nancymain
    nancymain Member Posts: 7
    Other

i tunnel the key user. they want to be toxic? well, i'll be toxic too. :)

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

If it's more than one with a key, I might be inclined to equip a franklins or a mori. But then again it's pretty much the same mentality when a Myers is attempting Evil Incarnate. Instead of jumping in lockers and disconnecting, we're lobby dodging or trying to target the key-bearer.

I understand there are key/hatch associated challenges and the 'Where Did They Go?' achievement. I also understand that they're frustrating enough without the killer purposely making the exercise even more testing.

For those reasons alone, if it's just one key, I very rarely change my set-up.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Other

It depends on the other survivors:

If its a full sweat squad item loadout for the survivor I dodge.(Unlikely to happen)

If its just one survivor when no one else has items I just play like normal.(The most common occurrence due to archives)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    I bring a Mori

I never use my mori's almost ever, so I've got stacks and stacks of them. The only time I throw them on are to counter keys, that's it basically.

• The_architect
    The_architect Member Posts: 120
    Other

you got a couple of choices. one: if you think you can, just outplay them somehow. (bringing franklins is good) or just bring your best killer, best perks (to you) and slug if you want, its whatevs or maybe try to plan ahead with some stupid idea i guess

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    edited July 2020
    I dodge the lobby

Hippety Hoppety, I dodge that Lobbity.

And to justify this, I never ever burn moris unless there's a daily ritual for it.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Other

play normally but remind myself that I have to start slugging like a maniac if there are three survivors alive and only two gens left; wouldn't want the hatch to spawn for the last two.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 618
    Other

I never see no damn keys in the lobby because they're so tiny and hard to spot ffs. /s

To be completely honest I either leave the lobby (usually, when they're also bringing a map) or I just play normally. I'm too lazy to change my whole build just to counter a key tbh.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

OP -- you should do one of these on what you do if you see a mori on the loadout screen.

Keys got a counter with the Franklin's rework and moris (which are more aggregious and allow skipping more steps in the game than keys) have yet to be touched.

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64
    I dodge the lobby

Don't feel like having the extra stress of worrying about a key

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    I just play normal

I don't pay attention though. Most of the time I listen to the music at web while in lobby.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

I play normal if it's just a key and one other tool, but if at least 3 survivors have a tool I will usually bring franklins.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Other

Franklin's + Ivory Mori.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    I just play normal

I mean, I might bring Franklin's if there are literally 3-4 keys, but I usually couldn't care less about their items.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    I dodge the lobby

Dodge. I’m not playing against a key if I can help it.