New Franklin's Is Weaker Than Old Franklin's

Damaging items was far far far more helpful that's all.

Comments

• coolyoster
    coolyoster Member Posts: 17

Every time I have gone against a killer using the new Franklin's my item either gets eaten during the chase or shortly after I'm hooked. Honestly I didn't think it was overpowered before but having my item get eaten because I didn't have comms for someone to go get it or a way to get it back seems a bit unfair. I know it's supposed to help with keys but I don't think it should eat my item while I'm in a chase or on a hook. I also think white wards should give back your item afterwards even if you die without it or it gets eaten.

• NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Member Posts: 10

I don't think so at all. How is just damaging an item better than the chance to outright delete it? I think it's strong enough now to run as something more than a troll perk.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

It was always intended to be a backup perk, despite how useful it is on other killers.

If you failed to chainsaw during chase, or otherwise wouldn't be able to at a window vault, Bubba's M1 is intended to make up for the loss of an instadowns. It's not very reliable on either of the chainsaws, because it's not the primary means of causing harm.

Again, super great on every killer, but never intended to be a primary power.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Simple. Consistency.

A chance to destroy the item means it does nothing if you do pick it up.

• NovaDuck

Damaging normal medkits hardly matters, the most powerful add-ons for them are not impacted by the remaining charges. In fact most people run the syringe or styptic on a brown medkit as it is.

Toolboxes will probably be used in the first 30-40 seconds of the game, before you even get a chance to damage it. Damaging a map is laughable. Damaging a key is also laughable. Damaging a flashlight is laughable.

But deleting a key? Deleting an instant heal? Deleting the flashlight? That's actually worthy of a perk slot.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited July 2020

Idk, I feel like the 10% charge penalty was minor enough that I would rather have the chance to outright delete the item than such a minor penalty. The fact that I can also see where the item was knocked off helps too, since some Survivors try to make a beeline for the item they dropped the moment they are off the hook.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

You said it yourself - chance. I prefer consistency. I lose most value besides the distraction from Franklin's - which old Franklin's already had - if it get's picked up.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Yeah you MIGHT delete something. But if you don't you get nothing.

With old Franklin's you can just keep hitting them no matter how many times they pick it back up and you will keep getting value.

Also, damaging a medkit in particular is disproportionately effective. Since a medkit is used in increments of 16, decreasing it by even 1 charge will render the Survivor unable to self heal an additional time.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I would have agreed with you before the charge change now losing all your charges does it mean you lose the item that's not the case.

Everything is a game of time before when you knocked an item out somebody's hands there was no real incentive to immediately go and pick it up. Especially if it dropped it and notable landmark. This coupled with the fact then completely depleting the charges wouldn't do anything meant that it wasn't a threat.

With the new Franklin's it allows you to knockout items from the hand but also adds a pressure system if that's an item you really care about so if I was are going to have to waste time to go look for it instead of doing gin so it doesn't disappear. Even if they're on comms and they tell someone else to get it that's still someone getting off a generator because they're under time pressure.

All in all I think the Franklin's change for like a good adjustments to the new way that items work.

• NovaDuck

But damaging pretty much any item by 10% is just not worth a perk slot, period. Or even 20-30%. Most survivor items are just not strong enough to justify it. But being able to remove a key from the lobby is worth a slot. It means if you tunnel mori a key user, it's totally gone. You don't have to worry about the other survivors picking it up and taking the hatch out still.

I literally never used Franklins before this patch, because it was a waste of a perk slot. Why damage survivors items a tiny bit when you can have a perk to help kill the survivors outright instead?

I would use it now to remove keys, and on hag to remove flashlights. That's more use than it's ever gotten from me.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I think that the new Franklin's is much better. At level three the item can be eaten by the entity within 90 seconds, and if the survivor gets hooked after a lengthy chase, it's highly unlikely that they're getting that item back.