Why cleanse Dull Totems to prevent noed?

Options

I've been confused why people would cleanse Dull totems when they think the killer might have noed. The chances of you cleansing all Totems is minimal unless you've memorised all locations and at least if you leave the Totems and remember where they are, you can come back to it to check for noed. Please help me see the other side of this

Comments

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320
    Options

There's also the blood points for cleansing one. If you assume that everyone else is getting the totems they see, then there's always a chance you can keep someone from getting 1 hit downed when the gens are done.

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 56
    Options

I clean totems only near the gate or super hide places. This way, once the generators are repaired, it's easy to find a noed ;)

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,692
    Options

Try running small game sometime. Most maps it isn't too bad to track down all the totems. Even if you personally don't plan on breaking all the totems if you see one go ahead and cleanse it. It's an easy 1,000 bloodpoints and you can help the other survivors that actually know how to find them all get it done faster. Also, if the killer is running NOED and you cleanse a totem or two then you are gain large amounts of knowledge where the remaining totems should be. Totems don't spawn close to each other. So if one is cleansed that is 20% of the map you don't need to search later. Even if you refuse to cleanse dull totems, it is worth taking mental note when you see broken bones in case the killer ran NOED so you can track down the active totem easier.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

I personally cleanse totems for the blood points. No other real reason. With no Totem counter, I don't actually know how many totems are left in the map unless I'm in a 4 man swf group.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

Detective's Hunch would like to know the totem's location.

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

to prevent the first down of course

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited July 2020
    Options

you get +1000 bloodpoints for cleansing dull totems. 15 seconds x5 isn't a long time to help prevent noed, which often leads to the killer snowballing at endgame.

• Silent_Tagwind
    Silent_Tagwind Member Posts: 1
    Options

If you play in a bigger group. Than you can talk with your teammates which totem all of you already clean. That's the best way to stay out of noed.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I play solo and I've been hit by NoED after a "perfect" game too many times. Now that I've started rushing totems like killers claim survivors do generators, I have literally everybody else in the match to blame.