Grab animations

Options

Can someone explain to me why the game can’t change missed grabs to hits?

So it happens constantly for me that I go to grab a survivor off a gen, vault or from hook rescue only to get the animation and no grab.

I realise that this is to do with the servers and the game decide no she let go before you grab so you can’t grab her. I don’t like that but I understand. What I don’t understand is why if the game knows I was close enough for a grab why don’t I at least get a hit. It happened constantly I get close enough for a grab survivor realises at last second and let’s go and I get stuck in a grab animation because the game puts me in one! But it’s the game button as a normal swing so you can’t just I didn’t get a grab and put me in an animation where I can’t injure the survivor.

so the survivor just runs away and I get nothing for sneaking up on them not even an injure because the game decide AFTER giving me a grab animation it wasn’t actually a grab.

So to be clear I’m not complaining about not getting grabs, if they let go fair enough, just don’t give me an animation for one then give me nothing so they get to run away and I’m left standing there for 1-2 secs doing nothing!

Comments

• Terr0rwrist
    Terr0rwrist Member Posts: 67
    Options

Dedicated!

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Just wait till hit rollback happens.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Honestly, it would be too much effort. It's far easier to just tell killers to go for a mini lunge instead of an m1.