dying if they camp

Slimette
Slimette Member Posts: 30
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

How do you guys feel about this? I've seen games where someone decided to let someone die on hook because it was just a camping pig crouched right next to him on the hook, plus they knew where the hatch was and it was just them and this guy hooked left. I usually kill myself if a killer camps so it doesn't screw my team over and so they can escape, if in this situation. Is this being bad mannered to where people could get banned or is it just going with how the killer is playing and a valuable strategy to do? Imo its totally ok to let a team mate die if being camped for the sake of other team mates making it out alive.

Comments

• Slimette
    Slimette Member Posts: 30

@CoolAKn Yeah that makes sense to just waste the killers time if they camp... i didn't know that spamming the attempted meant killer is near tho, actually thought it was the opposite as in "save me" :P But yeah good to know thank you :)

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

It's not bad manners lol.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Yes. If you ######### on hook, that's about as bad as DC-ing. 
    Except when you got those overeager hookrushing squad of farmers. Than... do as you wish :)
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@George_Soros said:
    Yes. If you [BAD WORD] on hook, that's about as bad as DC-ing. 
    Except when you got those overeager hookrushing squad of farmers. Than... do as you wish :)

*Then

Just to drive the point home about what I said to you in another thread.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Orion said:

@George_Soros said:

*Then

Just to drive the point home about what I said to you in another thread.

Oh man. That was painful. But well deserved. :D 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Not really. If the killer camps and I struggle so my team can complete the gens, than that's ok. But if I struggle while the team sits afk nearby, hoping for a miracle, then dying is the only logic thing.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Slimette said:
    How do you guys feel about this? I've seen games where someone decided to let someone die on hook because it was just a camping pig crouched right next to him on the hook, plus they knew where the hatch was and it was just them and this guy hooked left. I usually kill myself if a killer camps so it doesn't screw my team over and so they can escape, if in this situation. Is this being bad mannered to where people could get banned or is it just going with how the killer is playing and a valuable strategy to do? Imo its totally ok to let a team mate die if being camped for the sake of other team mates making it out alive.

Killing yourself on hook actually screws over your team, just fyi.

And no, you will never get banned for camping / Not saving lol

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

If its down to the last 2, and the hatch is in play, either the killer slugs, or camps. There isnt much else they can do, I highly doubt you were doing gens.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@Slimette said:

I hope that all survivors know that I'm just going to hang around to waste the killer's time. If you get hooked and the killer is camping just stay there, and struggle until the end to waste the killer's time and your partners can hopefully do 2-3 gens.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@Slimette said:
    @CoolAKn Yeah that makes sense to just waste the killers time if they camp... i didn't know that spamming the attempted meant killer is near tho, actually thought it was the opposite as in "save me" :P But yeah good to know thank you :)

Oh, I always do that because it's boring just staying still.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Depends on what my teammates are doing. If they are doing the right things and doing gens, then I'll do my best to struggle so they have as much time to get things done as possible.

If it appears they are going to hook farm, I'll give up rather than reward both the hook farmer and the camper.