Clown's much needed buff

Funguu
Funguu Member Posts: 88

If a survivor is in the gas cloud for a certain duration they should become injured and while they've been injured by the gas cloud their vision is slightly distorted until they are healed or have been hit by clown.

OR

While affected by the gas survivors movements are inverted

Comments

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

I mean I have seen rank one Clown's so he's not as bad as they claim. I do agree though that a small buff is in order but I think your suggestions would be to OP...

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

he needs a buff but thats op

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited August 2020

Or give him a second ability:

Allow the Clown to trap the windows/pallets/generators/exit gates with afterpiece tonic. If survivor will interact with it, than it will blow out the gas and give survivors the same disadvantages like bottles.

Post edited by Ihatelife on
  • batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Clown need a buff but i think invert control is to oo XD my idea is when a survivor is in the smoke he should be able to use the action button that mean no dead hard no vault no pallet drop just like when doctor hit you with the shock therapy

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

That's waaaay to much

• Funguu
    Funguu Member Posts: 88

I don't see how either option is op

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Hey @DudeDelicious what are your thoughts on this?

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2020

What if he could chuck bottles at a downed survivor to put them to sleep, preventing them from doing or seeing anything for like 15 seconds? Can't re-apply it, so no perma-sleep. Could be a decent counter to Unbreakable and SWF.

Or maybe if you take too many bottle hits you become exhausted/have your exhaustion timer refreshed? No big deal if you don't run any exhaustion perks, but could create some fun times, I think.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Actually... what if there WERE balloons on the gens, and if you failed a skillcheck they'd pop, releasing a cloud of his gas, but extra powerful?

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Oh my...that inverted controls reminds me of why I hate fighting Rey on star wars battlefront 2...oh god please no

Side note that would be an evil buff.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Didn't you hear? Clown is underrated, and is secretly a strong killer, according to the devs.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited August 2020

An interesting buff would be that generators inside the cloud have the ruin effect. Auto regress and faster regress rate

You could maybe even let it stack with ruin.

I don't really know the duration of the clouds but being able to shave a couple of seconds of gens and not having to worry about kicking them would help him a lot i feel

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Option 1 is too powerful, since your only options are to camp pallets and get poisoned or run away and get hit.

Option 2 literally would not work. Inverted controls on console are one thing, but one PC it's just completely untenable.