well boys we did it, the DC penalty is no more

Options

Honestly I'm very disappointed in bhvr for pulling this same stunt twice, it's unhealthy for the game in many ways and merely encourages hook suicides. The minotaur skin was enough of a disapointment now this? my point is the DC penalty should be forgotten or reworked.

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

People are getting locked out from playing the game. It's worse than punishing people who quit mid game

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583
    Options

That's literally doing the same thing as just leaving, but now you're potentially fooling your teammates into thinking you need to be unhooked or healed. At least with a DC no one has to worry about your dead weight.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I'm not saying you can't. And I'm not necessarily saying it's acceptable to DC under those circumstances, I'm just saying that it is understandable.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 871
    Options

It a fine penalty.

If it didn't stack.

Instead, anytime a dc. Whatever reason. You wait 10 minutes. Each time. I believe it's fair

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Honestly that sounds pretty fair. Long enough to cool off, but short enough that you can come back and play again in a little while

• Terr0rwrist
    Terr0rwrist Member Posts: 67
    Options

DC penalties were created for a reason. Back in the day players were DCing like crazy and it would ruin the other player's match. I had so many rounds as survivor where an early game DC occurred and we would of almost escaped at the end but were short handed. Or as killer when I don't pip because of salty survivors pulling the plug.

• OddProvidence
    OddProvidence Member Posts: 45
    Options

Just curious, what rank killer are you? And what’s your playtime?

• multibingles
    multibingles Member Posts: 32
    Options

Now I don't have to deal with literally invisible auras as trapper anymore. Or you know. Haddonfield.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I'm usually around purple and red ranks with killer. And I play for at least 4-6 hours a day, since I have nothing better to do

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Everyone has an excuse for a DC, even though you just watched them pull the plug because their toxic ass failed to run the Killer for 5 gens. It's the same everytime. "It must be a bug because I'm a godlike player!" and then there goes the sweet paradise of limited DCs again. sigh

I wish they'd just implement it and leave it. Hotfix what needs to be done, then work on something else. Eventually the crybabies will either adapt or find another game to abuse. They aren't worth keeping in the game since all they do is make excuses for their bad behavior and blame everyone, and everything, else besides themselves.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

So the DC penalty is temporarily suspended again?

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Not really, I mean here's what the typical game looks like right now. 2-3 DC's in less than the first 2m of the game, before corrupt was even out.

Full second chance perk SWFs chain DCing because they realize you are not a pushover. There's no real reason to run any add-ons or items worth of value right now.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Just change the dc-penalties to karma matchmaking, you don´t even have to announce it. Just give players who dc a dc-flag internally, and if they reach a certain treshold, they are only matched with players of their "dc-level". That way, they can just ruin the games of each other, until they learn. And i don´t think they can complain about it, after all the other players just take the same rights they themself take too.

• MadLordJack
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'm not taking my own experiences into account, merely the reported experiences of the community as a whole. Personally I enjoy DBD, and though people genuinely enjoy doing things that are supposed to hurt me or (If I'm a teammate) the opposition, I am also fully aware that they are the lesser for it. It is honestly more depressing that people act in such toxic ways in the first place, and it is sad to consider the problems and issues that cause them to feel they have to dominate someone in an anonymous online video game to feel personal validation.

Edit: I also didn't mention any normal gameplay things. If you consider toxicity normal then perhaps you are a little too jaded.

• sulaiman
    Options

Really, no. Most dc´s happen before the first hook, unless you can explain how the killer camp and tunnels without hooking.

Some dcs happen as soon as the players sees the map and/or killer, and the next once when the first player is downed.

Even then, camping and tunneling is no excuse, since they are legit strategies.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

Yes, but I found so many non-selfish killers that not used them

• KiPi
    KiPi Member Posts: 43
    Options

"Game-breaking bugs and glitches?" This is imo the only legitimate reason to DC you mentioned in your earlier post.

• MadLordJack
    Options

I see. You confuse "it's in the game" with "it's okay", and subscribe to the "it's your problem" mentality. Perhaps you should reconsider your concept of toxicity and how it applies to in-game issues.

• GandalfTheGay
    GandalfTheGay Member Posts: 1
    Options

Don't eat ice cream if you don't like brain freeze. Don't go to work if you don't like the idea of getting fired. Don't drive a car if you don't like the idea of having a car crash.

65% of the time, DCs are due to toxic teammates or just poor teammates in general. If you know you're going to have a bad time with people that just hide in lockers and don't do gens or stomp pallets on you for fun, then you DC, simple. It's idiotic to DC against killers due to them possessing certain builds, but wise if they face camp you. It's an entirely subjective situation, but usually when you play a game in general, it's to have fun, and to enable that you have to DC sometimes, it's understandable, just don't leave due to gameplay mechanics such as a Myres running scratched mirror or a Mori. Just think selfishly when playing any game and ask yourself "Am I having fun?" If not then make sure you are.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

This should be top post.

Also I think that there is no discussion around the nature of d/c relative to say solo vs SWF vs Killer. But that really is just the failing of not only this forum but BHVR in general.

Hell this forum fails to accurately discuss solo vs swf in general.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I'd rather you shitlords quit the game entirely and go play something else than clog up the queue with your manbaby attitudes.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Ok how about this as a compromise then.

You want to be allowed to DC for any game mechanic you perceive to be 'unfair' without being punished for screwing over 4 other players?

Fair enough.

You are now placed in teams of only survivors and killers that follow your philosophy. Anybody can DC for any purile reason they desire, but they no longer allowed the privilege of playing with people who take the game the way it is presented and roll with the punches.

Now, the only people who have to deal with having to do 5 gens with 3 maybe even 2 survivors, is you. The only people who have to endure working well together and getting the gens done only for the killer to DC, is you. Now it's YOU who has long waits in lobbies only to have someone dc 30 seconds in because this match's setup isn't to their liking.

You're all so gung ho about having the right to leave a match if you don't like how its going, well fair enough everyone is allowed their own playstyle, but now you have to deal with someone else's reasoning of unfair = DC and it doesn't match yours, and if you complain, you're a hypocrite.

Perhaps you do have rights within a game, but if that's true, so do the people you regularly screw over for playing the game in a way that doesn't make you feel good about yourself and if you want the "Right" to DC, and BHVR can't optomize DC penalties, then perhaps the people who don't want to endure this crap game in and game out, should have the right to be separated from Susie survivor and Kevin killer who want to DC because the world wasn't arranged to their liking this time.

Enjoy your DC paradise because honestly, the rest of us would be hugely happy to not be forced into matches where we wonder how we'll be screwed this time.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

No thanks

I prefer to actually enjoy the game i play. If you view everything as toxic it's only your own fun you're sabotaging

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375
    Options

DC is like a confession that you're overwhelmed by your emotions while playing a freaking video game.

I can't remember the last time I disconnected from a match but that's how I feel about it. So yea I feel sorry for people that often have to DC because they can't even handle a few annoying moments in a video game.

Spoiled brats, probably the same guys you see'll see in the Store screaming at the cashier because someone else took the last toilet paper in front of their eyes.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239
    Options

WHY is this not the top replied to post? this is EXACTLY the point that should be solved.

you dont treat the problem by removing their ability to abuse something, thats not solving the problem thats just letting the problem fester while the people that injected it into the system get to watch.

terrorism works in the same regard, you solve the problem by removing the people creating said problems not remove the people they terrorize.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,766
    Options

oh if only that wasn't a bannable offense for some goddamn reason

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Or you could just play single player games since you can't accept that your games will not go 100% how you want.

DCing is the digital version of child taking the ball home during the middle of the game because they are losing or people are not playing by the child's rules.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited August 2020
    Options

well hope they the stupid random penalties people get and whatever is going on with the streamers. because that ######### got annoying real fast. the penalty was nice when it worked tho. except for moments where you feel like you wanna die because the killer is slugging to get the last two survivors and is slugging them for 10 minutes, I'd rather take the 5-10 minute penalty and make my bp in the next trial at that point. they really need to make bleed out faster.

• IIITweedleIII
    Options

To be honest, I was gonna suggest 15 or 20 minutes. But I doubt others would see that as fair 🥴

But yea, I will say the time stack is abit unfair

• IIITweedleIII
    Options

Isn't that technically the same with actual matchmaking. Which as of now isn't very pleasing to anyone. It's not matching players to anyone's caliber at the moment. So how would herding all those who dc together?

To be fair, this idea is like the Bad Sport Dunce cap player in GTA5 are handled. It's not much of a deterrent

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

Why do they remove the DC penalty just because one or two streamers got a matchmaking ban, which they removed anyways in a timely manner?

Put those people on a Whitelist and do not punish the whole playerbase by disabling the DC penalty! It really cannot be that now everyone can DC again to their heart's content!

• sulaiman
    Options

While its not easy to measure skill, the flaw of the current matchmaking, its quite easy to track dc´s.

• joshuashep22
    joshuashep22 Member Posts: 236
    Options

among the clutter, a few salty wiseass killer mains seem to have missed the point so to reiterate what I was try to say is that penalty is actually bad for the game and having it actually benefits survivors as well because they can just hook suicide and the killer can't dc when they get matched up with an swf bully squad unless they want a dc penalty

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

No, I won't. Its a multiplayer game. I don't know why people are still so upset about DC's its in every game. You should expect it.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227
    Options

######### is wrong w/ the Minotaur skin? That's the best skin they've ever made...

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 765
    Options

Honestly, DC penalties were fine by me. The only group of people i'm concerned about is streamers, who get attacked by hackers, leaving these streamers banned by penalties, preventing them from entering, although they did nothing wrong.

I feel like they just need to add some sort of streamer-mode, where all the nicknames of players get blurred in lobby and in game, opening them only in post-chat. But that's just an example.