Which do you think is more overpowered: keys or moris?

MusicNerd_TC
MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

It's keys by a landslide for me. At least you have to hook someone with a mori, which can be hard against a half decent survivor. If you absolutely destroy some survivors and there are only 2 gens left and 2 survivors, they can be rewarded for playing like #########. Keys also bring up a huge dilemma.

If someone escapes with a key, the other survivors can escape, which is bad for you, or you can close the hatch and EGC is triggered. Both are bad, but keys are far worse.

Comments

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Early Game: Moris.

Late Game: Keys.

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347

Keys obviously.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

All you have to do is hook somebody for a mori? You do realize the requirement for key use is FAR greater than that. And if you think that keys increasing the chances of other survivors escaping is a problem, but not moris increasing the chances of other survivors dying, that's quite a double standard.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Moris 100% LOL, it's not that hard to hook someone... and it's even easier to tunnel them off hook and mori them.

Moris are also very easily found in the blood web compared to keys, anyway. Even with avoiding/ignoring moris on my killer blood webs, I still very often end up with more moris than keys on my survivors.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

key by far, if you are coordinated, stealth properly and dont get caught all 4 of you can key escape before the killer can even mori a single person.

mori only works well if people spoon feed the killer hooks.

the moment someone is mori'd early, assume its ebony and go stealth mode.

• MusicNerd_TC

True, but with maps being as broken is size as they are, getting generators done is NOT hard. Also, moris do increase the chances of survivors dying, sorry for not clarifying in my post.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Mories, you can Mori right after an unhook , premature kill

With keys, you are rewarded a premature escape for doing gens

Not sure....

Maybe mories, given its a 3v1 in a match

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Why would you use a 4 man key escape as an example. That's harder than just escaping normally. It adds a whole extra step. Even 3 man escapes are difficult. 2 man escapes are where it really starts becoming an advantage. And last remaining survivor is about 50/50 whether it's more useful to use a key or just open a door depending on what the killer does.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

If we are talking about killer vs 4 SOLO survivors, then it’s Ebony Mori by a long shot.

• Itachi
    Itachi Member Posts: 55

100% Moris

• CoyoteSinbad
    CoyoteSinbad Member Posts: 3

What are you talking about? For the hatch to appear with three survivors in play, one generator must be remaining. Hooking one survivor is easy. No matter how skilled the team is, any good killer can hook at least one survivor. Oh, you're good enough to get two hooks? Team is now at half strength.

The game expects you to a maximum of 12 hooks to 4k. And you're gonna tell me that getting 1 is challenging? Keys are way less powerful then moris.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

LOL anyone who seriously think keys are worse isnt able to understand even the easiest elements of this game.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,390

Moris by far. Moris simply allow a killer to remove a survivor from the game by ignoring the rest of their hook states which can just snowball into a free win to the killer.

Keys at their worst take a win away from the killer, but still requires survivors to get gens done. Keys are pretty annoying though. Although I had to laugh when these 2 survivors immediately key escaped as soon as the last gen was done in my face by this other guy leaving him to die on the hook.

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

To make a key "usable" you have to complete gens first. The EARLIEST the hatch spawns is when there are 3 gens done and 2 survivors dead. Mori? You can just proxy camp, use the mori instantly and bam, only 3 surivors left and a very easy win for you. Moris are definietly more OP.

• MusicNerd_TC
  • kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I mean tbh I have never felt keys were a HUGE issue but I kinda think it should take like 10-15 seconds to open hatch. Also Moris to me because at least with keys you have to do a minimum of 3 gens and have two people dead in order to make the best use of it while with Moris you can get hooked once and camped then its a for sure gg

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

An ebony or even ivory mori can have a much bigger impact than a key. And early tunnel off hook to mori will throw the balance of the match way off much like a 3 man lobby. Keys at the very least require fully completed gens. Unless its a frantic 2 man escape (which are always a punch in the gut if you're been playing well as killer). But both are equally bad for the health of the game in my opinion.

I'd LOVE to see both just permanently removed in all forms outside of Moris for devour hope or Pyramid Head. On another note I'd trade NOED or BBQ for DS to be gone forever or at least designed to be an anti tunnel perk without a second thought.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

Both!!!

• SIeepWaIker
    SIeepWaIker Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2020

Moris.

Mori - 1 hook.

Hatch escape - 3 gens(minimum), and have to find the hatch.

Mori's often end in 4ks. A total win. 4/5 people lost the game.

Keys often end with 2 escapes. A tie. 2/5 people lost the game. (2 survivors died, and the killer still got 2k)

I say often because there is a possibility that the carrier is sacked and 0 escape, a 4 gen, 3 escape(which i have not seen), and the unicorn; 4 man, 5 gen escape(A total win).

How many 4 man (5 gen) key escapes (A total win) have you witnessed with keys compared to 4ks (A total win) with moris? It is night and day. That is your answer.

Post edited by SIeepWaIker on
  • Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Moris.

Because Keys are super situational that favour swf where Moris work without having to barely put any groundwork down.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

just an example of key usage used perfectly where as a mori still doesnt always guarantee a perfect 4k

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Mori's and its not even close. You can turn the game into a 3v1 extremely quick as long as you're able to complete your first chase in a decent amount of time. And if you can't then the issue really isn't the mori.