i feel bad for new players

Options

imagine being new and already having so many things against you and then bhvr makes you play against rank 1 killers LOL

Comments

• Ireath
    Ireath Member Posts: 91
    Options

I agree and I always play a lot nicer and purposely miss hits and stuff but it is rank 20s on both sides going against rank 1s.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

if it gets really easy i hook everyone twice and if they don't kill them self i let them all go.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Ranks don't matter with new MMR.

• Desh
    Options

Again.

Rank

Doesn't

Matter

Read the news Article and understand how the new MMR works.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156
    Options

agree

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

bro what lmao you just ignored my whole argument

rank shows home much time you have played

im getting matched with rank 20s with no perks

i can clearly see they are noobs and they arent good because im winning at 5 gens

• Desh
    Options

It's almost as if MMR is calculating your Skill Rating and not your Rank. Which means that as far as MMR is considered, you along with that "brand new" player have no statistical data to pull from until you create the record for MMR. Everyone is on relative equal terms until about 10 or so matches. Have you never played OverWatch Comp or CoD? Literally the same thing.

So I say again.

RANK. DOESN'T. MATTER. Stop bringing it up, Rank means nothing to MMR.

• Schinsly
    Options

but youre wrong?? lol. according to the developer, i am starting at my mmr, which is probably extremely high, so why am i playing new players?

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I do the same thing. I don't go tryhard if the match seems different to what I'm use to. Same as survivor. If we're down to 1 gen and no downs/hooks, I allow the killer to hook me twice before looping him again. Creates a nicer atmosphere in general and reduces hostility.

• Desh
    Options

Well shoot, if I play my weakest Killer that has the lowest MMR, guess where I'm going to be placed? I can't stress this enough, read the news article. Because you're disproving yourself.

• Schinsly
    Options

now youre just assuming im playing a killer ive never played

i literally only play billy and have been playing him nonstop winning almost every game at rank 1

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

This is how the forums will always be. Rush to complain without a chance to let something settle.

• Desh
    Options

You gave us a vague post with no evidence supporting your discussion. Going off your OP, it is assumed you went off your weakest Killer to make this argument since that is the only way it would make sense for you to "CONSTANTLY" be going against brand new Survivors. If we go off just your vague post, you are wrong because MMR is working as intended since I am now where I need to be on at least 3 of my Killers and my Survivor after a few potato games.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    Options

I've had to hold back because these survivors are nothing like the swf deathsquads i used to face. I feel bad so i normally just 2 hook and let them go.

• Desh
    Options

There have been players with 2 thousand hours and are hot garbage on a specific Killer or just being a Survivor/Killer in general since they main one side. Yes there is may be a SLIGHT issue based on knowledge since even if you absolutely suck at playing something, you have the knowledge before-hand on how the game works. But MMR will eventually correct that and put you where you need to be. This thing literally just rolled out. It's not worth rushing until you given it legit time to correct itself accordingly after a few matches.

• Schinsly
    Options

check upload date

this has been every match

i had one match where 2 gens got done and i was impressed

please stop assuming #########

i dont have anything against you and i think better matchmaking would be great, but we have to acknowledge that its not working good.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

Dude. Let’s put it like this I brought dbd yday for my Nintendo switch I have played 5 completed games I am a rank 18. So I’m technically a new player. But being paired with rank 1 killers who clearly have hours in the game, explain the logic ................ “ it’s the mmr system ” I’m not geting the same “skill level” in 5 games then a rank 1 killer. Stop being ignorant to the issues here.

• Desh
    Options

Ah yes, because players who totally suck at the game never got all the way to Red Ranks before because Killers either farmed, Hex: Ruin was changed, etc. No possible way, every Rank 1 Survivor/Killer should be the "best of the best" and didn't get their by luck or anything.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    Options

I look at profiles. if they're low hour, i'll play myers t1 build and have fun lol

• MissKitty95
    Options

in the politest way are you a idiot ? What on earth has that got to do with a new rank 18 player with 1 hour gamplay being Paried with a rank 1 killer who clearly has more then one hour gameplay. Your not getting rank 1 in one hour . Ignore the fact I have hours and hours on console. A person who has just brought dead by daylight should never ever get put with somone who is rank 1. Mmr system or no system There is no logic in that at all.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Even if you're not the best of the best, there is a difference from "not knowing anything at all" to "knowing everything but being bad". The first ones won't know how to play properly since they are new, the second ones if they have a good map or so, they might handle a 5 gens chase.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

You're missing the point, there is a difference between not knowing how to play than knowing but being a potato. A potato can loop and even be toxic to a "baby killer", a novice can't do that.

• MissKitty95
    edited August 2020
    Options

Explain the logic “ mmr” players with similar skills .............. the entity isn’t just laughing right now

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,494
    edited August 2020
    Options

It's honestly a mess. For a new player coming into the game they are gonna have no idea about this "hidden" MMR system. They are simply going to see the rank differences and get pissed off.

We can't have this separate MMR system and rank system going on simultaneously. They need to be made cohesive for clarity, especially for the new players.

Hypothetically if the rank wasn't shown in the after lobby screen but their MMR was instead, that would be MUCH clearer.

• Desh
    edited August 2020
    Options

Actually, I can. You're going to sit here and tell me that players (especially Streamers) don't purposefully derank themselves to have easier games that they can win? Or that when people take breaks, ranks aren't reset on the 13th of every month? I'm a Rank 1 Killer but at one point, I got reset all the way down to 15/16 when I took a long break from the game. Imagine the disparity in skill there when I had to climb my way back up past the low levels where some of them are actually where they are supposed to be. But hey, what do I know? I only played the game for a thousand hours.

Post edited by Desh on
  • VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    Options

So you are telling me that when I, a rank 3 killer, get paired with rank 20 potatoes newbies survivors, it doesn't matter? 'k bye. The MMR system is already botched and full of crap. Even though I'm still playing Oni (I've been playing him on red ranks for about 2 months, so my "MMR" should be high) I now get paired with greys, yellows and greens, even with the f. up rank system before that kind of crap didn't happen (unless it was red ranks SWF with greys).

• MissKitty95
    Options

I’m sorry but once again, you are not making a viable argument. No1 is talking about ppl deranking on purpose. Or rank reset. Everyone is clearly stating. Mmr or no mmr a new player should never be matched with somone who Has hours of gameplay, it don’t matter if they haven’t played the 10 games to get into the “ bracket” for it to work. Brown should never go agasint red. Skill or no skill, mmr or no mmr it Just don’t make Sense,

I can’t understand what you don’t understand about that considering you have “1000” hours in the game.

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30
    Options

I've had really rough matches as survivor in the beginning too, back when rank was a thing.

• Desh
    Options

You went from rank 20's to Yellows and Greens so clearly it works. That means your skill level is where it's supposed to be.

• Schinsly
    Options
  • VSchmitt
    Options

Don't know if you really missed the point or just trolling, so I'll try to be more didactic.

In the "old" ranking system, I was facing mostly ranks 1 to 4, with some purples, so I was facing survivors equal to my killer rank and my skill level.

Now, in the new "MMR" system, I'm facing babies, game after game, it's not fair to THEM, and if it continues like this, it will, for sure, ruin the experience for new players.

As Almo said, they were "running" (or should, at least) the MMR calculations in the background but didn't bound matchmaking to it untill today, so I should be high MMR with my Oni, who I've been playing for at least 2 months in a row, these 2 months being in red ranks, but now I get matches mixed with rank 20, 14, 7 and 1, who're soloing, that's really bad for the ranks 20 and 14, who should be facing a low MMR killer.

• Desh
    Options

You were facing players equal to your Rank. Not your skill level. I've played plenty of matches as Rank 1 against other Rank 1-3 Survivors and there have been times where their skill level was clearly well below or well above mine. Just because you face lower ranks due to the MMR does NOT mean their skill level automatically drops. Again as I've stated, there are people who legit deranked purposefully or took a break and had their ranks reset multiple times to have the rank they are at. It does not matter.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

nice is nice from survivor don't happen as survivor tho if it happen i don't mind farming .

• VSchmitt
    Options

Unless you're playing Nurse, it really doesn't matter wich killer you're playing, as most of them translate the same (you can say that trapper and hag are "different" as they need to prepare the map), so, if you're high MMR with, say, Doctor, and decide to play as, lets say, clown, you'll probably do well, so yes, I'm with you, new players shouldn't be forced to face experienced players, no matter what the "MMR" says.

• VSchmitt
    edited August 2020
    Options

Yeah, that must have been really fun to them. They did just one gen (it was Badham so I decided to just not patrol the school gen) so I let the last one alive get the hatch. That's really bad for new players and that's what the OP meant, I did 25k 'cause there were no chases, it was just power up, down, down, hook, repeat, even tho' in the last minutes I was just walking around collecting blood to get deviousness they did not got a single gen...

That's sad, really sad.