Why do people run when unhooked against Hag

Siberia
Siberia Member Posts: 353
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Ugh man I’m tired of stupid teammates. I’ve been against Hag for the last few matches and each time, without fail, a survivor will immediately run when I unhook them, thus setting off all the traps & I sometimes end up paying the price.

What’s even funnier is that they complain about the killer camping lmfao.

Comments

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

people run in general and it urks me greatly, the amount of times people give away their positions just cause of scratches alone is staggering.

if everyone equipped fixated for a day they'd see how they are getting found so easily.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Because why should survivors have to adapt to the killer they're playing against....

That would just make sense.......

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64

Idk for some reason a lot of people don't know how to play against her or play as her.

• Siberia

You’d think they’d get the idea when I crouched over to them & didn’t set off any traps. Maybe I’m overestimating their intelligence lol

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Depends, really. Many people will run out of instinct as a mud phantasm shows up in form of the Hag along with a terror radius.

Another reason is, if you hear a survivor scream while they unhook you, it’s because Hag is running Make Your Choice, which makes the person performing the unhook action marked with an Exposed status effect for up to 60 seconds.

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64

There's that and there's the survivors that see hag trap at the loop, continue to stay there and then die because they triggered the trap. When they should've ran to another loop. I seen this when I was playing hag and I was like dude you've just made this too easy for me.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

To be fair, if you crouch and its full of traps she will probably be back in time to smack you anyway thats why flashlight are so important and useful agaisnt a hag. A lot of new players will probably just run because they dont know how it works, so yeah its hard to blame someone when they really dont know that they are supossed to crouch to avoid the trigger. At the same time Hag is really unpopular, making it harder for new players to understand her as they rarely face her.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

The main reason is due to her being so rarely played. People have honestly never seen a Hag and probably didn't know about the crouching thing. You could make a post to help spread how to play against her. I'm sure it would help the masses.

• Siberia

I understand if new players don’t know. But as a rank 1 I shouldn’t be playing with new players? Though with the new system in place, maybe things will fall into place. Who knows.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

Well, the system is not working very well to be honest. I dont know if you check it very often but a lot of the time I play with players that are very new despite being rank 1 and having 1.5k hrs into the game. So Im never surprised to see someone who is really new in my games

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

It took me 2 years to realise that traps don't get triggered when crouched on. Survivors run because they expect the other survivor to also run and set the traps off. Its a community wide mis understanding/bad habbit

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

Haha, trap go Arrrgh!

• ClawsOfHell
    ClawsOfHell Member Posts: 68

The problem is this game has broken killers and the majority of people want to have a easy time getting 4k so what they do? Freedy, PH, Spirit

That's why people don't know how to play against because there's literraly no other killers to try it's the same killers over and over again somedays ago i got 10 matchs in a row against freedy with mori after almost 50 matchs i got one Wraith this happen when i play huntress or pig people are so used to play against thoose one that they don't know that i can hit them throught gaps in that loop and after the match they call "cheater" or "toxic" and things like that. But i agree some people are just dumb they see you crouching to not trigger the trap and still run like i chicken without head.