The Aura Change

Mozzie
Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Let's just get to it then....please list your thoughts, as well as if you're a survivor or killer main down below.

The Aura Change 159 votes

I like the change.
3%
DimekMattie_MayhemOGmysthycstargazer9Ghouled_Mojo 5 votes
I do not like the new aura's
93%
Seiko300Ihatelifeliv071981GHERBEARRULESCheersNoxeriasZerLukasDipZarathosBabyCameron10VNTRevolutionTragicSolitudePaces007StrancolAzurlynxLeonardo1itaHyrexChiaNuclearBurritoBoosted_Dwightcoley_219 148 votes
I'm indifferent
3%
DaDevilsSkirtF60_31CougarOPEveeIsATreepalletsryummypichumudkip 6 votes

Comments

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 795

I literally forgot could not find the 4th remaining gen on the map because the auras are so bad now, especially on maps like ormond.

during that same match on ormond I straight up forgot I had a hex totem because I never saw the aura for.

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526

Try Trapper/ BBQ/ Bitter Murmur/ any Hex perk, all of this are becoming useless, Ormond became even a more unbalanced map and A LOT of survivors are now abusing of OoO. How with 3 weeks of tests BHVR didn't thought this was a bad idea.

• EpicTransitions
    EpicTransitions Member Posts: 17

50/50 player. Holy #########. I'm squinting. I feel bad as hell for the colorblind people.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Out of 39 people, 39 have said they dislike them. Says alot.

• SkullKid
    SkullKid Member Posts: 46

50/50 but a bit more killer lately.

It's really hard to see BBQ auras from far away and alert is nearly unuseable

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

A terrible change nobody has asked for.

Killer main, but it's bad from the survivor side as well. Trap auras, totems, hooked survivors, slugs, BBQ procs. You name it. They're all tiny and merged with the surroundings.

Ormond and the Dream World are basically aura-less.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020

Goddamn, 49 - 1 for people who don't like it and nobody indifferent. (as of now)

I knew most everybody didn't like it but damn looks like EVERYONE doesn't like it. I hear it's almost impossible to play the game though if you're colorblind though which must really suck, so makes sense.

• mapledoodle
    mapledoodle Member Posts: 2

Survivor main, but occasionally I’ll play killer.

Trying to see downed or hooked teammates is impossible for the most part. I also tried a game of trapper today and the auras of traps are impossible to see.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I'm colorblind. I literally have to use a color filter now or the game is actually unplayable. Not jokingly "lol, game is unplayable because Clown exists", but actually cannot play with any level of intelligence because the auras that are supposed to be easy to see are impossible to see in some situations.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

Seems like it's pretty much unanimous, people hate the new auras.

• Eynox
    Eynox Member Posts: 86

Absolutely horrible change. If the goal was to make things a bit more difficult for both parties, ultimately .. more "Fun?" it's a huge flop. The game goes in a direction that's more of an annoyance to play rather than mind games / obscurity. There is no benefit to having this change, and the old auras were perfectly fine.

If you feel the auras are too .. uhh revealing? Then just nerf the perks that give auras so they feel more fair to you, but keep the same visual.

Perhaps the main goal was to make BBQ and chili less useful, well now it is, but it's more about squinting really close to my Monitor to try to understand if I'm looking at a gen with or without survivors accross the map.

As someone who is Killer and Survivor rank 8 and been enjoying the game VERY much lately, this change really just makes me discouraged to log in atm.

I suggest nerfing the aura reading perks you don't like but keep the auras how they used to be, or allow us to change how they look in the video settings for our own preference, if this is more of just a cosmetic thing.

• Eynox
    Eynox Member Posts: 86

Oh and they are just ugly btw, if it was a visual update, just my opinion. Looks like how the old auras might have looked in alpha

• FairyyTail
    FairyyTail Member Posts: 11

new auras are #########, im colorblind and cant see NOTHING

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64

I thought the incompetence couldn't get worse. Ignore the entire community of color blind people fine, but this is an absolute slap in the face. I dont see my friend much anymore, and this game helped, but since they are color blind they can't play it anymore. Thanks BVHR for once again stooping to whole new low.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    I like the change.

I like how they look but they need to make them more visible.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

They are so bad in ormond.

• ryanneary1234
    ryanneary1234 Member Posts: 7

they are hard enough to see for most people. i am colourblind and playing with these auras i feel regular blind 🤣 kindred is now useless for me

• fixaurausplease
    fixaurausplease Member Posts: 1

Killer main.

I really love this game, but the devs make it so difficult to support it with these really unnecessary and just BAD decisions.

Another colorblind person, which means that this change has made it impossible to play killer. Going to have to stop playing and uninstall for a while until the devs get their act together and stop this trend of fixing things that don't need to be fixed, while simultaneously letting glaring and broken issues go unaddressed.

Especially annoyed because I just bought a bunch of skins and was really just getting into playing Pyramid Head, which I can no longer do thanks to this design decision.

• DeadByMyHand
    DeadByMyHand Member Posts: 55

I don't like the new auras because they are just harder to see. Like when playing a killer with bitter murmur when the survivor(s) complete a gen I can barely see there aura so I don't like the aura change. The old one was better imo.

• grugg1202
    grugg1202 Member Posts: 1

I'm a killer main I have always love playing killer and when I play survivor I like to put bond on cause I'm playing with others but because of the new auras I can't see anything as easily as I used too I just want it to change back I can't see anything when using bbq at all if they are on a gen I can't see them it just needs to change

• Lanxcapo
    Lanxcapo Member Posts: 4

So, i used to play around 3 years ago, and stopped playing 2 years ago, i wanted to come back like a week or 2 ago, and i was having fun then this happens, and i genuinely have no idea why they did it on the first place, and went ahead considering how easy is to notice that the auras are pretty much non existent now, specially true for ormond, for whatever reason, i can't think of anything good to say and i remember saying out loud after i noticed it on the first much "what? why?". while playing killer, if you straight up can't even see the gens on the other side of the map or while playing as a survivor see downed or hooked survivors or even worse, think about taking any aura reliant perk/killer/add-on, there is definitely something wrong, and from what i've read this is a potential dealbreaker for anyone that has any sort of sight impairment to add a cherry on top (80% killer/ 20% survivor)

• HyrexChia
    HyrexChia Member Posts: 3

Can't see gen aura/hook aura

Can't see downed survivor or long distance hooked survivor

Why???

• Seph79
    Seph79 Member Posts: 6

It is a joke. They cannot do anything right. I play both killer and survivor and will admit that it heavily favours the killer then the most recent changes favours them even more. Now against a red level killer you might as well dc cause you don't stand a chance. Then I go in today as killer and all of a sudden I am finding it near impossible to hit anyone. A little dodge and I can't hit them. Granted I'm average player but never found it this difficult even against even red level survivors as I'm a 10 killer yet get red levels all the time. (yet even though I have been at 1 for survivor I'm currently at 6 six since the reset and get red level killers all the time...work that one out) Their match making is a joke. It such a good concept for a game and in general it is ok to play but the constant gliches and ridiculous changes that baffle the mind for why it's been done really is making me feel like stopping playing it.

• thebigdragon559
    thebigdragon559 Member Posts: 3

Survivor aura-reading perks and items/addons are heavily hindered, killer aura-reading perks and powers/addons are even more heavily hindered, and trapper is actually unplayable because you cant see his traps unless you're within 8 meters of them. Literally no one asked for this, and in their attempt to "fix" a non-existent problem, behaviour actually manged to make one in its place. If no oned asked for it and it didn't even need to be changed anyway, then there is literally no reason for it to happen.

• BirdFlox
    BirdFlox Member Posts: 27

I've lost several games because I couldn't find a hook in time, and any aura related perks are now completely useless, ESPECIALLY ranged ones. bbq has no function besides bloodpoints now.

• SaintJiggles
    SaintJiggles Member Posts: 1

I just started playing again in the last few weeks since I started watching not Otzdarva's videos of Trapper. They inspired me to delve back into DBD and become a better Trapper...now I'm thinking of leaving the game till they fix the auras and probably losing my inspiration to play in the process. I know you basically need a bag add-on to consider Trapper viable but holy cow, now I'm only getting half the traps that I usually do off the map due to their nonexistent auras. This coupled with the creeping paranoia of getting Ormond and it makes the game much more stressful than it used to be.

The small changes in visual style of the auras and the cool Entity spindles around a hooked survivor are nice, but they need to be more distinct and it doesn't excuse BHVR's questionable priorities. First they decide to nerf Billy, a high-tier killer, instead of buffing the low tiers like Trapper, Wraith, and Clown (the nerf wasn't too significant, I'm more irritated by the idea behind it). Next, they do a monumental rework of auras that nobody asked for that does nothing except harm your overall experience regardless of you playing Killer or Survivor.

BHVR, I know this community is very divided on what they want changed about the game, but please at least dedicate your time to something more significant and desired.

• KateDensonMain3331

I don't like the new auras, I can barely see anything. I feel as though aura-reading perks are not as useful anymore since the auras are hard to see now. I main survivor but I did play a few rounds as killer to complete tome challenges and even the generators were somewhat difficult to see. I hope they change it back or at least make it so they are more visible

• Demonrose4444
    Demonrose4444 Member Posts: 1

I play both survivor and killer, the new auras make aura perks useless and I can barely see the gens, hooks or downed survivors. Pretty much blind on Ormond. My eye sight is decent, but I find myself squinting to see where any far auras are, especially downed team mates.

BBQ chili is impossible for me to use and kindred doesn't do much help now either. I hope they fix it or go back to the old auras. :(

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282

I'm the minority of minorities, but I like it. Both sides have been relying way too heavily on aura reading and not actually paying attention to their surroundings.

However, gen and hex auras should definitely revert to the old way.

• Dimek
    Dimek Member Posts: 286
    I like the change.

After patch 4.1.1