The new MMR system :DDDD

Options

Bhvr i know... its all in the background now and ranks doesnt matter. But dont tell me that this is a fair match based on skill. Just do not even try xD

Comments

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

*Plays one match where MMR hasn't properly calculated and adjusted skill rating yet*

*Takes screenshot and denounces MMR before playing 9 more matches*

MMR BAD

• Krid
    Krid Member Posts: 6
    Options

It is quite obvious that the new matchmaking is even more imbalanced than the old one. I think it is not even remotely working, remember how long the 4th birthday cake was broken and that should have been a very easy thing to implement.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

Last night I was the only red rank surv in all m,y matches, it was horrible

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

I actually stopped playing yesterday because I kept going up agasint rank 20 killers lol I'm a rank 1, I might not be a great survivor but I survive long enough to not be matched with a rank 20 killer lol I'm not that bad. But yeah I stopped playing because it was just unfair.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

It’s almost like the whole system just became random and they hid everything so we can’t prove it.

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427
    edited August 2020
    Options

The name of the killer describes perfectly the situation.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

Im getting matches way faster than before, this change may not be the best but at least it will be helpful saving us time to complete the rift

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375
    Options

This is the main reason why many of my friends stopped playing after only a few hours of playtime.

The matchmaking and ranking system is and has always been pretty much meaningless which lead to very unfair matches, which lead to incredibly frustrating matches especially for new players, which results in them dropping the game again before they can learn how to play.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I think this is also a perfect example of why DBD needs a practice mode. New players and veterans alike need a way to test out mechanics without feeling pressured to compete. If the mobile version got a practice mode within a few months of release, then there's no excuse for the main game not to receive one as well.

• Ste2033
    Ste2033 Member Posts: 9
    Options

As I always say: BHVR has some good ideas... But they perfom them poorly :/

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    Options

Not for nothing, but streamers' reactions aren't something to really talk about. 99% of the time it is acting in an effort to be entertaining.

I'm sure it's frustrating, but I just don't think streamers are a good benchmark for ...anything.

• johnmwarner
    Options

Did you fail to read the devs and mods actually say MMR was running in the background for preparation, so people would generally be matched correctly right from the start...

Then the same people said it needed 10 games to balance out, it’s almost like they have no clue so they just make up things that contradict the other thjbgs.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

I'm a yellow rank thanks to reset and I've had matches with purple and green rank killers. Needless to say that the lobby was overmatched. Great job with matchmaking indeed.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Don't call them potatoes. They are literally brand new players with 1-10 hours on record.

• johnmwarner
    Options

That’s his point, maybe potato is derogatory but the point is still accurate. No one should be playing their first few games against 5000 hour killers, how much would you wanna stick around after that?

And no killer should be learning his first games against a SWF red desth squad, or even solo “real reds.”

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

The MMR system is a joke.

Anyone saying its Ok to have these completely trash games has more time than sense.

You could implement something without having to endure this, plenty of games run mmr without subjecting their player base to a train wreck.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited August 2020
    Options

I had convos with some, I had a rank 16 killer who got destroyed by red rank survs, and they were at least cool about it. They said sorry for boring game, I told them nah man you did good matchmaking is putting you up against us with 1000s of hours, its simply not fair for you.

Wouldve given a real life hug if could LOL

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Exactly literally I was paired with a group of 3 red ranks, as a survivor and the oni I played against rage quitted to only find out that he is rank 15 or 16 ( I don't remember but it was some where around that range) So this game is starting to become less and less friendly for new players.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

Don't be surprise and cry yourself if you still get terrible MMR after 10 days or maybe next months

• johnmwarner
    Options

I feel so bad as survivor these games, I feel like the only people actually enjoying the MMR are the ones who like bullying weaker players. Using their perked out build to run a new Wraith who had 1 perk for 5 full gens makes them feel likr a champion I guess.

Same as killer, I hate demolishing people who have no awareness and clearly no looping practice... like NEVER EVER looking back once. Constantly running to dead areas and unsafe pallets. I stopped giving hatch or going easy on them though because I’m hoping that “winning,” will push me back to good matches.

• johnmwarner
    Options

Yep, the thing is even if it’s not working a month from now they can claim it is. And people defending it can say their games feel correct. That’s the dangerous thing about not having any details at all.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Exactly I just feel so abd and when I'm paired with new survivors I get dragged down with them, I've seen it happen to so many video gaming companies when they implement some brand new system that replaces and older system some times it works, but in this case it doesn't, Bhvr your destroying your work by doing this, like I question have they actually tested this? Have they actually tested this with us player and see if it works or not? Apparently not

• johnmwarner
    Options

They claim they did on Xbox and the system predicted the results of games accurately, of course we don’t know what that means. If we go by their old theory then I assume that means it causes matchmaking that results in 2 kills and 2 escapes since they said that should be the average result.

I can say I haven’t seen anything like that, all of my killer games have been cakewalk 4ks and all of my survivor games have been 3-4 escapes mostly 4. And it’s not just the escape results, it’s clear from the start the killer is overmatched.

But you can’t go easy on the other side because then you will never move out of the grouping so you’ll keep getting matched up against weak players.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'm a survivor main. I tend to hover around rank 10. After the MMR started yesterday I played 10 straight matches with killers between rank 15 and 20. Escaped every single game. I've played several games since and I am getting paired with rank 1-5 killers every single game. I guess escaping from killers ranked between 15 and 20 means I should be going up against killers between 1 and 5. Apparently there is nothing in between.

They said it would take approximately 10 games to get a base for the MMR system. My question is how does pairing me with 10 straight killers ranked between 15 and 20 give any sort of indication? If the point is to try to pair people around equal skill level shouldn't I be playing against killers from various ranks. I have played around 16 or 17 games since the MMR went into place. As a rank 10 survivor I have not played against a single killer between the ranks of 6 and 14 in any of those games. I'm really hoping something changes. At this point it seems I can play against killers that are basically newbs and present hardly any challenge for me or I can go against killers for whom I present no challenge. Both ways are boring for their own reasons.

• johnmwarner
    Options

It’s almost as if they don’t have actually ratings, but just two groups... good and bad. Now of course the skill range in the good group is going to be pretty wide so if you’re considered good by the system then it could match you against really deadly killers who will stomp you or killers that only got to the good group by beating up on bad players then you’ll stomp them.

I haven’t seen anything to suggest there is any middle ground.

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363
    Options

It is not flawed. The mmr set to 0 for every player if they didn't played for some time. Mmr need time to calibrate.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

I have been playing a lot and system still doesn't work. I was in a lobby with every survivor having ~1k hours, killer was brand new rank 20 PH with 1 perk. Match before that against rank 1 killer with almost 3k hours and had 1 good survivor and couple baby survivors. I'm way over past 30 matches and still it hasn't calculated MMR to be even remotely fair matches.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

Me reposting this comment No.6

RANKS ARE OFFICIALLY IRRELEVANT! READ THE POST ABOUT IT!

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

Yes ranks are "irrevelant" and that is exactly why I added time played in my comment. So shut up.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

gotta spread the word somehow for people that don't know man.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I’m sorry. :( This can’t be a fun experience for new players so I don’t blame you for feeling put off.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

rip new player maybe this game.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

I guess I should have intentionally gotten killed in 2 or 3 of my first 10 games. Maybe I would have gotten stuck somewhere in the middle. I just keep envisioning this scenario where:

1) I only go against newbie killers for several games and keep escaping

2) Get classified as a top tier survivor (I'm not)

3) Get paired with really good killers and get slaughtered

4) Get classified as bad and start with number 1 again

• johnmwarner
    Options

I think you’re 100% spot on sadly it can’t be good for long term health of DBD

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

some killers may become unable to complete the rift at this rate. If you get crap matchmaking, you're screwed. If you start out easy as one of the lucky ones, and the Mm actually works as intended for you eventually... then one day the time will come where you would no longer get a single potato in a match and certain sort of rift challenges would begin to feel close to impossible perhaps even with an ebony mori depending on how your typical matches tend to go.

I can't begin to imagine how unfun it has to be now with all the horror stories I am seeing with dudes with even less killer experience than myself being paired against the epic troll swf teams I hated lmfao. But at least we might finally see the killer exodus required to really address the swf problem within a couple or few months at this rate. Nobody is gonna put in weeks or months as if the game is a second job for the simple hope the MM will finally work as intended or "properly sort them"... if you put in that amount of time doing something that you don't wanna do and probably are stressed with it's generally gonna be for a paying job and not a waste of time on a game considering you play games to have fun not run a soup kitchen on your PC providing fun to everybody except for yourself by hosting matches and being the clown for them (no pun intended).

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Lol maybe this means the game doesn't even take time to check other players, if they are similar MMR or not. I think the game just matches you with anyone and everyone that's why most of us are experiencing faster queue times.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I've been playing a lot today and the matchmaking overall is horrendous. Usually it's either good teammates vs a rank 20 killer with 1 perk, or a few baby/bad teammates vs a decent killer. It's all over the place, almost as if mmr doesn't even exist. The only good thing about it is queue times seem to be quicker, but I'd rather wait longer for fair matches.

Honestly I feel so bad facing these rank 20 killers and if the matchmaking doesn't balance out soon then I feel new players are just going to be driven away.

• calciumstructure
    calciumstructure Member Posts: 13
    Options

What the hell is going on over at BHVR anyway? They HAVE to be fixing this crappy MMR system supposedly "better" than the old matchmaking, right? I feel so bad to be going against rank 20 killers as someone who mainly plays survivor.

And it also sucks when I'm 100 hours into the game at rank 5 and I get gray/yellow rank teammates against a red rank killer, which causes us to get absolutely stomped. I know that "ranks don't mean anything now" but this new system is absolutely terrible so far. And the fact that we can't see what MMR is calculating, or we can't see our MMR rank or anything of the sort just ######### sucks.

I'm hoping that the problem fixes itself in a week, but knowing BHVR so far and how bad they are at communication (among other factors), I kinda don't have much hope.

• Alec1055
    Alec1055 Member Posts: 98
    Options

I can’t even learn Legion because I keep being paired up with high ranks when I don’t even know how to play the killer AT ALL