The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A more constructive FNAF discussion

Toastyy
Toastyy Member Posts: 226

Okay now you're probably already thinking "Uhh another 12 year old making another FNAF post about how Springtrap would be cool for DBD " well yes it is another post about Springtrap but I'm not going to be talking about how he should be in DBD, I'm going to be more talking about how people are against it and the reasons they give. Sure if you don't like FNAF that's fair not everyone is going to like it but the main reason I keep seeing people saying is they don't want it because its a kid's game or its too childish.

Now yes the game is rated 12+ and it looks like a very simple jump scare indie game. But FNAF isn't just that there is a lot of secrets that it withholds that requires you to do a lot more digging than usual. So to make it simple for people who may not understand the animatronics are possessed by the souls of dead children that have had there dead bodies stuffed into the animatronic suits. Now William Afton the main villain in FNAF was behind all of the child murders and was the one who stuffed their dead bodies into the animatronic suits. William Afton achieved this by luring the children into a secret room with a older animatronic suit that could be worn this is whats called a spring lock suit or what people most commonly know it as Spring trap and murdering the children. Eventually William Afton was killed by the spring suit due to a mechanical failure resulting in him being killed in the suit and being trapped in the suit forever.

That's a brief overview of FNAF's story there is a lot more to it but i'd be here for hours typing it. I feel are people calling FNAF childish, basing all their opinions on the core game and not really the backstory or secrets behind it all, I wasn't really into FNAF either until I heard about the backstory of it, that's when I started to become really interested with FNAF and dove more into it to realise how disturbing the franchise is.

Feel free to express your thoughts on the matter but please only constructive criticism.

Comments

• Venoxxie
    Venoxxie Member Posts: 300

Tbh, I don't really care. We don't need more DLC... especially licensed DLC since that requires paying someone else for the rights to use it in the game when they could be spending that money on funding for bugs and stuff...

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Hype is dead and the petition hasn't done anything so you can just forget about it. I wouldn't mind having springtrap in game, but it isn't happening, sadly.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited August 2020

That "story" is locked behind some stupid 8-bit minigames. So, if you play normally without watching YouTube, it really is just a jump scare horror game. The books to me were extremely lackluster. I am an OG fnaf fan, but have grown out of it over time. Sure the story is cool, but the gameplay? Generic at best.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2020

I mean you already listed the reason why it won't be in the game. FNAF is basically horror for kids. The backstory, as already mentioned, is no more scarier than something from goosebumps or are you afraid of the dark. This is a mature game, it should not be played by, or entice people under the age of, 17+. While I appreciate the maturity of your post some character from FNAF does not hold water to the caliber of licensed killer's in DBD.

Demogorgon is as close to kid friendly as DBD should get to that sort of content and I believe most of this game's audience agrees.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331
    edited August 2020

Well i have great news for you buddy. The next 2 killers are both licensed killers, oh boy. Or so the data-mining suggests. And the next killer is set to release along side the new Candy man movie(Whom i want to be in DBD more then springtrap but the latter would also be fine imo)

Also one of the devs said in one of their streams that they would love to work on a FNAF title if given the opportunity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7pub3q/developer_stream_84_oh_boy_here_we_go_killing/

• Recently, you talked about licensed movie Killers you would like to see. What are some licensed video game Killers you would like to see?

Sarah (UI Designer) - "Five Nights at Freddy's."

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I'd not mind FNAF stuff in DBD, as long as its Springtrap and none else. The rest of the cast are meh.

• CrusaderNella
    CrusaderNella Member Posts: 331

Yes, Murdering of Children was always present in my favorite Goosebumps books. Like in "Monster Blood", "Coo-Coo Clock of Doom", "The Haunted Mask" or "The Beast from the East".

Wait that last one alluded to the children dying in the end.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Along side was also “Hunter from L4D” does that mean we are getting him? Maybe i dunno...

• Rhe2veja
    Rhe2veja Member Posts: 63

I,m not sure but i think the dbd community hates fnaf

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2020

I realize you don't like the fact that people are labeling FNAF for what it is, a childrens scary game. Perhaps we should add slenderman, all sorts of creepy pasta characters & frank the bunny as well?

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Wow, it's pretty impressive that you know the petition hasn't done anything since that would go against all evidence provided by past behavior of both BHVR and Scott Cawthon. BHVR is tight lipped about upcoming killers, but Scott takes secrecy to a whole new level with his lore.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I honestly don't see anything from FNAF ever being in DBD. It's a jumpscare game series about animatronics, DBD is a horror-themed slaughterfest about eldritch entites and slasher icons.

And no, the extremely vague and hidden supernatural elements of FNAF don't really mean a whole lot. They aren't even a minor part of the games themselves, more of an easter egg for extremely invested fans.

• Justalittlepeeck

This is only my opinion and my observation. The petition slowed down and remained within ~48k signatures and Springtrap posts&discussion has died and is being shut down by people who got annoyed with it. I would be glad to be wrong, but the reality is what it is: No FnaF in DbD.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

You do realize what the point of the petition was, right? It could have over a billion signatures and that still wouldn't mean FNAF would be added to the game. As long as BHVR and Scott have seen it and started investigating whether it's worth looking into a FNAF chapter, it's served its purpose. The thing is we have no clue what they've thought about it because neither party is really the type to give out information like that.

Reality is what it is, but reality isn't what you define it to be. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that FNAF won't be coming to DbD as well as nothing to suggest that it will. And Springtrap posts may have slowed, but they definitely haven't died. Hell, guess what this very thread is. It's currently between where it was before the Silent Hill chapter and where it is was right after that chapter release.

• Justalittlepeeck

Time will show. As of now, I have no intent in arguing with you, you aren't going to change my mind anyway, just like I won't change yours, so lets just end the conversation here.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

People in these forums complain about FNaF being "childish" (it's not) and "12 year olds asking for it being added into the game" then proceed to act childishly and like 12 year olds refusing to read any of the points made and just spamming "no" "lol 12 year olds" etc. Y'all are the real children LMAO.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I think FNAF would be a decent addition, but there are more well liked licenses they could go with. If your looking for an actual discussion I’d recommend reddit or youtube. They are way more open and willing to have a nice conversation. Trying right now will just follow the trend of “Cringy Kiddy Jumpscare game for babies” instead of actually talking. Makes them sound more like kids than anything else.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely against it. I do like the idea of FNAF in the game, but I think dbd has a different taste, so a yellow bunny killer full of blood and insides isn't really the take here.

But let's say the design is good (let's be honest the design team is cash so they will do a great job, same with the audio team) it would be INCREDIBLY HARD for bhvr to convince Scott for a FNAF dlc. I am a fan of fnaf myself and I know how sensitive Scott is with his lore and creations. The references and the hidden mysteries that would help Scott with his lore tweeks will make the development of the dlc really slow. Not to mention that since almost every fnaf takes place in a restaurant, the new fnaf map would become an indoor map, which people don't like. Not only it will probably be small since all the maps are small (with the only exception being help wanted and sister location) dbd players HATE indoor maps. Let's give t1 Myers another map to play with.

I like FNAF and I like dbd. But combining them would be difficult and if done wrong, would lead in a disaster.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

The reason the books are sold in the kids section is because Scott Cawthon went with Scholastic, a kids book publisher. There's multiple publishers he could've gone with that do more than kids books, he could've even self published if he really wanted complete control over the story. He chose to go with a publisher that only does kids books and sells them at elementary school book fairs. No parents groups have complained about the books being in the kid section so they're obviously OK with the target audience being kids.

The problem isn't necessarily that it'd bring kids to DBD. There's already kids playing, right now though if parents groups complain DBD has the defense that it's an adult game with adult targeted DLC (even Stranger Things - their target age group is 18-40 year olds) so kids shouldn't be playing it. Any kid targeted DLC (not just FNAF) that DBD were to add they would lose that defense and parent groups would demand DBD become more kid friendly.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i want bug fixes before anymore dlc.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

nah

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Well heres the thing I don't disagree but if they just soley focus on bug fixes and that only, that won't bring in the money, when a new dlc comes out everytime thats when they get boatloads of money. With money they are able to make usre the game is still going and ensure a future for it, and bug fixes really should be looked upon but just through bug fixes alone won't keep the company going

• NekoGamerX

all they doing dlc no bug fixes new dlc bring new bug which don't help the life of the game,look at aura maps other thing like game breaking bug where we have to dc.

• Dabihwow

I Heavily agree with you on that aura change I want the old auras back so bad, and I would really like them to fix some things, but again you gotta think logically what will bring in more money, a new dlc? Or a few bug fixes?

• NekoGamerX

well the more bug not fixed more peoplewho wont buy they dlc and with the MMR the way it is new player not going to stay.

• Dabihwow

True and the bugs do need a fix but the point I'm trying to make is that without dlc's the game isn't interesting or exciting you know. In a finacial standpoint it is what keeps the game going

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I think if he wasn't a part of FNaF, more people here would be on board with the concept. Peoples preconceived biases and opinions really blind them to interesting ideas sometimes.

• TheReaper33
    TheReaper33 Member Posts: 6

And last time I checked, the stories are just getting more and more interesting. Fnaf is starting to trend again and you cant do anything about it. Story is difficult but we are finally figuring stuff out. On top of that, the movie is finally past script, there are another 5 books coming, more games and stuff like that. And to say the character designs are "childish" is a weak excuse. Of course they are childish! It's based off a Chuck E Cheese style restaurant fool!!! But my rant is over. I dont care if Springtrap makes it in or not I just hate people like you who cant openly accept new things.

• The_architect
    The_architect Member Posts: 120

OOOHHHH, we got a big boy here. Lets give a round of applause, to a kid complaing about something childish that involves mass murder of children. stuffing there bodies in suits and them becoming roaming killers that as well stuff people in suits. like jesus, who cares if it's childish or not. it's a good character

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Why would I accept something that I don't like? You're just mad everyone doesn't like your game made for kids lol. I'm sorry but uhhhh yeah no the excuse of "They're made to look like chuck-e-cheese animatronics" Is fine and dandy but DBD isn't a chuck-e-cheese restaurant so it'll literally just ruin the aesthetic and any chance of being a real horror game this game has.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Calling me a kid when you want a childs game character lol. Its really not a good character its just a franchise with a lazy writer.

• TheReaper33
    TheReaper33 Member Posts: 6

Wow someone's moody. I'm just trying to say what it is and what it's coming to be. I even said it's fine not to like it but just to accept that's it's good and that millions love it worldwide. Of course people like you and me have separate opinions and issues so you cant correlate to how something like this can help someone like me. The human race is stupid. This conversation is obsolete. And I'm just trying to show you the meaning of it. But if your to stubborn to turn your head to good horror writing(like having ur insides scooped out so you can be worn like a skin suit) then it doesn't make sense for you to have even replied. And if the game is made for kids sweetheart, then why does the first game include the secrets of 5 children going and missing and being murdered in robot suits and their murderer getting away only to want everlasting revenge resulting in his death and Springtrap in which people want him in DBD since 2015.

You have your opinions, I have mine. Just lighten up like most people and accept that something's happen because they can and you dont have an option in the matter because we are obsolete...

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

"Oh look! A well written arguement about a FNaF chapter! Let me see what I have here... uhhhhh 'FNaF is cringe' uhhhhhh "It's for 12-year olds" uhhhh.... 'No.' Argument gone k tnx bye"

In all seriousness, I can understand why some people may not want it, but oh my god, please make sure that you're giving the games a fair chance.

FNaF has a sh*t ton of memes about it, but so does DbD. FNaF has people that cosplay the characters, but so does DbD. FNaF has its fair share of children, but so does DbD. FNaF has a lot of art portraying the characters in a more cute than scary manner, but so does DbD.

I honestly don't get it sometimes. If you dont like FNaF, that's fine, and I'm not here to say you have to, but it's really easy to tell who's giving the series a fair chance, and who isn't. I hope we see Springtrap some day, and if we do, and you don't personally want it, atleast be happy for the many of us that do want it.

• WhiteRuineer
    WhiteRuineer Member Posts: 16

I thought of this idea as well. Im a fan of the game and story series. I think it would be fun and super creepy to have a FNAF main char in the DBD series.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

My first question for people like that is: have you actually played the game? If people say no, then I wont say their opinion doesn't count, but I would at least encourage them to take a read up of the Springtrap wiki. If I have to do that with Candyman, they have to do it with Springtrap.