NOED is frowned upon but the DS and unbreakable combo is okay

I'm going to state that in my opinion NOED is a bad perk. If you're using NOED, you're basically using three perks for the entire game. A perk slot which could be used for a perk to help you to try and prevent the gens from being done.

If you do down someone with NOED the survivors are less likely to try to go for the rescue and just leave if they're already near the exit gates, meaning you lose the potential to snowball when the survivor team go for the rescue.

Plus, it creates bad habits for new killers.

NOED is frowned upon within the community, due to how a killer can do nothing for the whole match but can get more kills then they arguable deserved.

However, the community don't have the same view on the DS and unbreakable combo. A survivor with DS and unbreakable can get unhooked and immediately begin working on a generator.

If a killer goes to the gen to interrupt the progression there isn't much the killer can do. They either take the DS stun (Which can cost the killer the game at higher tier game play), or they leave the survivor slugged and the survivor can get up with unbreakable and finish the generator.

If an unhooked survivor is working on a generator and the killer goes to that generator and downs that survivor, that isn't tunneling. The killer isn't going to ignore a survivor and allow them to complete a generator just because they just got unhooked.

NOED is negatively viewed as it rewards the killer for failing to prevent the gens from being done. In that sense, DS and unbreakable combo rewards the survivor for getting hooked and then getting downed, with 60 seconds of invincibility.

Comment your opinions.

Comments

• TheDFD
    TheDFD Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2020

I run both DS and unbreakable, as well as self care and deliverance, and the only perk out those 4 that I am guaranteed to be able to use in any given match is self care. A lot of killers know well enough to slug to avoid a DS, and even if i manage to get up with unbreakable, chances are the killera in the area for an almost instant down anyways, and deliverance is also useless if I'm first hooked or hooked without having made a safe hook rescue.

It could be argued that me load is is 75% useless, its all dependent on the type of killer you get or how lucky you are, still don't plan on changing it.

So I'd say NOED isn't a waste, its all dependent on the survivors play style, if my deliverance is activated and I havent been hooked yet, ill always go for the save regardless is NOED is on or not. If I get them off then downed, I can get myself off the hook and if I'm downed again, I have DS as a back up, which works a good amount of the time because killers seem to get more reckless when the end game collapse has been triggered.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

And then the people who defend what survivors complain about then complain about survivors. Survivors aren't the only "hypocrites" in the community Dr. Bias.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Complaining about perks and other in game mechanics when players are just trying to use them and not use exploits or anything is immature and directing complaints to the wrong people. It is not a practice to be encouraged by anyone who actually cares about game health.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215

If it's in the game, I say use it! Lets be honest, there are hella crutch perks for both sides Survivor/Killer. I play both Killer and Survivor. I personally never minded NOED at all. If anyone here watches a lot of streamers than you'd know majority opinion is "NOED isn't bad, nor do I hate it. It's just always a horrible Killer who sucks uses it and needs it to carry them to a win." That's literally majority opinion on it from everyone I've watched.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited August 2020

The best part is you think I'm biased. I used to try to keep my play time equal, but now I play far more survivor than killer. And I'm still saying that it's the biggest compensation move anyone in DBD can make. If you run the strongest, most brain-dead things, you don't have a right to complain when someone else does. Especially if it's DS/UB, the literally uncounterable combo that you just have to leave alone or dedicate an entire match simply to camping the slug.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

cba to read all that but you seem reasonable based on the fact you think noed is a bad perk,

so yea 100% agree

ds unbreakable is just a build people use when they wanna just be invincible for a minute

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

if you are saved from hook you are invincible for a minute

if four survs have this its 4 minutes of invincibilty scattered throughout the team which is enough time to do every gen on the map

• TheDFD
    TheDFD Member Posts: 64

Again, Its dependent on the killers skill and who the are, eg, if the dr has shocked your clit off and the DS quick times comes up backwards, a lot of the time I'll miss it, which is i guess on me, but it still stands to reason

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

NOED is frowned upon DS and unbreakable combo isn't?this joke post?

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

It is frowned upon, but there are 4 times as many survivors as there are killers if we go off a basic match.

NoED is just badly designed. DS and UB are fine on their own.

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80

Every possible perk combo is a-okay to use for either survivor or killer. Have fun and enjoy your day! 😁

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I also call the DS and unbreakable combo the small PP build too, but it still doesn't receive the amount of flack that NOED does.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

It receives just as much flack if not more than NOED does. People really hate the combo.

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122

Unbreakable and DS combo can only be used once each and the NOED can be used until hex is destroyed. Yea using the killer perk ensures you get your kill regardless. If its in the game, its permissible to use, no use saying its frowned upon.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623

My opinion is the following:

STOP CRYING AND ADAPT FOR ONCE.

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

They are literally second chance perks. Saying that they are viewed differently is mostly false. It's either that you are oblivious on what people have been discussing recently or that you play with potatoes most of the time.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179

I gave in and unlocked Unbreakable yesterday because after 700 hours, I'm tired of being slugged for reasons not even related to DS. Now I will always run DS + Unbreakable.

Just like how I wouldn't have paid 6 bucks for DS if I didn't get tunneled game after game after game.

The way killers play causes survivors to run these things - so unless killers are going to stop playing like scumbags, no one should complain about survivor 'meta'.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I personally don't mind using DS and NOED, I'm not bothered if I get DSed or hit with NOED either because they're part of the game and anyone is free to use them.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

That's pretty much it, I wouldn't run DS + unbreakble either in my solo matches if killers didn't play that way, but they kinda force you to.

Then we get some nut posts arguing about the meta when for the most part, it's on them for that happening.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

I'm going to state that in my opinion Adrenaline is a bad perk. If you're using Adrenaline, you're basically using three perks for the entire game.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

It's stupid no matter who does it when they can't seperate their dislike of a perk, perk combo, item, killer or whatever else from the player using said thing and it's way too common.

"You're bad if you use X", "You're sweaty if you use Y", "Using Z is toxic" - it's possible to dislike something without shaming players for using it, a thing that's in the game, yet people do exactly that scrub garbage way too often.

• goldenchild74
    goldenchild74 Member Posts: 47

Never had a problem with those perks on both sides. Noed, welp you should have done all the totems instead of holding m1 on gens all game. Ds and unbreakable well, they're strong for a reason. I literally run it when i get tunneled consecutively. Its not fun for killer to deal with ds unbreakable but would you say its fun getting tunneled for the survivor because the killer wants to cheap out an easy kill?

Honestly the way I see it, its your (not you specifically) fault if you let people shame you for running a perk you like or want to use because it's a "small pp build or you look like a noob". You cant really care what people think about you in this game or life.

• Queenuwu
    Queenuwu Member Posts: 10

both of these things are frowned upon bruh

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Wth are you talking about, killers literally complain about unbreakable and Ds everyday

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Wouldnt say it gets as much flak. Id say it gets close to it but the biggest difference is DS/UB, while a hated combo, never got the stigma of only being use by "bad killers that cant actually kill anyone otherwise"

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited August 2020

Only survivor mains frown upon noed, and the killer mains who do only do it to look cool.

Otherwise, noed/blood warden is one of the funnest things on this killer side.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Oh please. I play solo survivor mostly and you don't need the "small pp" build to escape any more than a spirit needs noed and stridor to stand a chance of doing well. People mainly run it because they want to be able to play like a complete moron without being punished for it. Zooming over to the killer after being unhooked, then going for a flashlight save, doing gens in front of them and jumping in and out of lockers - I don't need to wait til the endgame screen to see what they brought.

Run it if you like, but acting like those two perks are a necessity is ridiculous.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

You can see posts about removing the hatch and these same killers tell you that proxy camp a surv in the EGC is OK because you need this 1k.

• logbomb
    logbomb Member Posts: 19

The DS+Unbreakable combo is literally referred to as the small peepee build within the community. What are you going on about "it's not frowned upon"?

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

small pp build

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179

I don't think "small pp" build can apply to me when I'm a woman.

Also, I do none of those things you mentioned, so uh ?

I guess you're one of those that are too immersive to ever have to use DS.

• Nutty_Professor

I have an aggressive play-style, and I rarely use DS unless I'm doing a certain build. I prefer to have perks that help me in the chase, and help me prevent from getting downed.

Still doesn't receive the same flack as NOED. NOED is viewed as "only bad killers use NOED", which is somewhat true because a lot of bad killers often will have NOED.

However, people don't say "only bad survivors use the DS and unbreakable combo".

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Oh I am like turbo immersed, I blend in nicely with all the rainbow coloured bushes and rocks in this game

"It's not just a phase, mom!"

Anyway I didn't give the combo that name but I don't think it's meant quite so literally. It's not about the small pp between your legs. It's the small pp in your heart.

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50

can't you just pick up someone with ds and then they're no longer invincible because they lose it? Is it one time use? You'd eat a stun but not allow the 60 seconds grace period?

• Nutty_Professor

That at higher levels could actually cost the killer the game.

• vogit10102

It you need 2 perks to use NOED, we don't have any problem with it

• Breque
    Breque Member Posts: 427

If the survival make a really good combo with his build, he is abussing the game mechanics, but if the killer make a good combo he is just smart, jsut ignore this people saying that is too ez to play as killer and survival, its all some babys survivals and babys killers saying that some killer - survival is op because he loose and see some others players crying and decided to cry too, just ignore them and let he cry from alone

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36

If there's one thing this community does, it's complain, complain when things are changed, complain when it's not changed, complain when it's changed too much, changed not enough.

Tbf, the current round of complaining about the new Auras & MMR are totally justified, shits #########.

• vogit10102

Compare then with 2 perks: NOED + PGTW combo is op too

• SCP_FOR_DBD

People had a problem with it for a long time, Scott just gave it a name. And while tunnelers are also small pp, I still see having a minute of what is basically invincibility as small pp.

• SCP_FOR_DBD

While it doesn't have the stigma it certainly gets as much flak, I see both topics complained about heavily on this forum.