Anybody else feel bad for trashing low ranks?

So many games I've had where I've trashed as killer or survivor to then find out they were really low ranks. It makes me feel bad since neither side has fun and they get a bad impression of the game.

Anybody else get this issue?

Comments

• EthanW
    EthanW Member Posts: 82

Same man, I guess people will soon find out that they will get more games with these low ranks and god hopefully they start being nicer.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178
    edited August 2020

Yeah, all my games lately seem to be either cupcakes I squash like ants or SWAT SWF TEAM who uses every dirty trick to make my game miserable. Either direction is leading to sadness for me.

Curb stomping players nowhere near my skill level is just as boring (though I suppose less frustrating for me) as playing the SWAT Team. On the plus side I can usually tell when they're cupcakes and at least try to go easy on them (although even that is losing its charm as a lot of these guys then turn into jerks at the end t-bagging at the gates and #########, not realizing or not caring that I could have ended them multiple times in that game).

• possibly_a_pig
    possibly_a_pig Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2020

After months of servicing red-rank groups that require sweat and punish every mistake - I don't feel bad for a vacation, no.

But I'm especially fine with it as the new survivors are ruder and more aggressive than more established players. Not saying established players aren't toxic, but these new folks seem even more likely to send salt and plain old abuse.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Nope, I had one message me telling me that I was butthurt that they died to egc instead of being hooked. LOL. They took that as a win.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

If this is the matchmaking system BHVR wanted then you should just crush them with all your might, without feeling any guilt.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

You can usually tell within a few minutes how experienced the opposite side is. If I'm playing killer and it's obvious they're super new, I'm totally fine giving them a bunch of second chances and even pretending I didn't see them sometimes. I don't go too easy because I don't want to help them develop bad habits that'll get them killed later, but I definitely don't go all sweaty at all.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Yeah, just played 2 matches since the new MMR. First one wasn't bad, 3 red ranks and 1 rank 20. Second one however was 2 purples and 2 grays. I could tell they were low level so I even slugged a bit to let them get up again.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I feel bad but what can you do if you're trying to get your MMR up to a place where we can clearly say that the system is flawed.

As always... I blame the devs.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Why should I feel bad for winning in a game? If I trash a new player, oh well at least they learned how harsh dbd really is. I'm not gonna purposefully throw or anything just because I see someone struggling(although I pretty much give a survivor hatch in all my games). I empathize with these players, but that's it.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited August 2020

I was getting keys and flashlights in a lot of my matches, so I switched to Ghostface, threw on an item-eating build, targeted items while the survivors escaped (which worked, at first), and next thing I knew I was only facing inexperienced survivors.

Felt bad for ruining the experience for undeserving players, and on top of that, I feel bad for the undeserving survivors I have to destroy just to get back to where the toxic survivors and items are (because going easy on them won't increase my MMR).