Gen rushing isnt a thing

Options
13»

Comments

• TheFrog
    TheFrog Member Posts: 56
    Options

There are instances of both, you get there and stop it but it ends up being 70+ completed, or it get popped.

Running ruin gets it to regress a bit but you can only chase one out of the 3 survs and then the other 2 will hop on it to complete it while you’re chasing the other dude anyway

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Lmao, biased community sees something they don't like and simply call it bait. I respect your attempt OP, but different opinions don't fly here.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Well, you certainly could. It is situational. Tunneling means that three other Survivors are free to do pretty much what they want. When you are hooking multiple people it tends to mean some are working on healing up, and so on. No two games are the same, so you have to find your balance in each one. Tunneling can quickly turn into an endless loop or a massive amount of time spent. Good Survivors who understand they are being tunneled are going to milk it for the team. Count on it.

I tunnel someone for tactical reasons, but not because doing so is a solid methodology. For example, if someone is carrying the team and it is painfully obvious, I'll try to cut that person out as quick as possible. Sometimes I'll tunnel and Mori as fast as I can at the start to put the fear of the Mori into everyone left, slowing down a gen rush. On rare occasion I will tunnel and face camp someone who was obnoxious and tea-bagged me. This is petty, I know but I'm only human. The key takeaway is don't tunnel for the sake of tunneling. It isn't a universally useful tactic. Tunnel for a specific reason in a specific game.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

i play both side yes there a lot of biased on both side.i mean gen do go fast if all survivor start together or if the all go on they own gen,survivor need a 2nd objective.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    Options

Survivors should have to repair a total of 8 generators. And no more than two should be allowed on 1 gen, at a time. PLUS, generator repair time should be increased by a minute.

• D_Orien
    Options

"So it wasn't bait??? Someone wants to take away the easiness for me??? OMG"

• DominicR529
    DominicR529 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Seriously. Do you actually believe what you originally wrote?

• D_Orien
    edited August 2020
    Options

Extra gen repair time, is little insurance to the killer. No more than 2 people on a gen is completely fine. Gens are being done quickly with 2 people at a time anyway, but stopping 3-4 people repairing a gen is completely fair. Let me walk you, through every killer match. Killer chases 1 person, downs them, 1 gen is done. They hook, hunt down another and 1 gen is done or 2. In around 5 minutes, 2-3 gens are already done. Having 8 gens is completely balanced. It stops survivors dominating almost.

And the kicker is, there should be only 2 gens left for finishing last gen -- NOT 3. 3 to patrol is totally unfair. This game is completely Survivor sided and as soon as someone like me talks about nerfing this bs, people like you think they have any right to complain. What audacity. I'm a survivor main myself, PRECISELY because the game is survivor sided. Maps are a huge problem too. Some maps are too big. Worst of all is most killer perks are total ds.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 581
    Options

Discussing whether genrushing exists is like discussing that the earth is not flat with a flat earthed.

The concept is fairly easy to understand, all genrushing is, is the survivors prioritizing doing gens over healing, saving survivors in hooks etc.

It isn't survivors doing gens because the killer isn't pressuring them enough, that's unrelated to gensrushing.

An example of genrushing would be that the killer has one survivor on hook and chasing another survivor which is the obsession. Survivor 3 and 4 are already injured and instead of healing or saving the hooked survivor, they'd repair two gens instead of saving hooked survivor even though they know it will put the hooked survivor in second phase. They also know that the killer isn't camping thanks to obsession.

I'm not saying it's a bad tactic but it does exist.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

I wish killers were smarter about how they carried themselves in the thread, everytime they fall for obvious bait like this, I cringe. This person clearly isn't interested in a discussion with you.

• Kisagi1990
    Kisagi1990 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Or you could just..... idk..... maybe just.... you know.... get good? The game is very well balanced. Killers just want to get easier kills. Then when they get it, survivors want better abilities to survive. Then killers whine because they cant get their easy kills anymore. It's just like the thread I was in called "Delete the Hatch." Dude in there wanted the hatch deleted because if he gets 3k, the survivor doesnt deserve to survive and the killer deserved his 4k because gens weren't done. Its ridiculous to say that it's balanced towards survivors just cause you suck at killing. Just like "gen rushing." It's just a killer complaint because they suck.

• Kisagi1990
    Kisagi1990 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Um...... wow. You do know maps have 7 gens, not 9, right? So completing 4 gens would leave 5 gens to fix for 9 gens and 4 gens for 8. You mean to have 6 gens so 2 are left.

And are you at all trying to bait? Cause 3 gens are just fine. 90% of the time, killer is able to hold up the game because they are patrolling. You get close he swats at you, making you run away, busts the gen then keeps patrolling. The game is perfectly balanced for both sides so give it up.

• DominicR529
    Options

I think at this point most of us can agree that any killer that uses "gen rushing" as an excuse for losing is clearly in the wrong rank

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Apply pressure on a big map with a low pressure killer "ok". Play killer yourself against competent survivors and you will see, how fast you change your opinion.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

since everyone else is giving their two cents about this, I'll take the obvious bait.

No.

genrushing is a thing.

with the correct perks, items, and add-ons a survivor can finish a gen insanely quick (I think the fastest recorded is around 11 seconds). it's ludicrous how quickly I've had games end as a killer, and the pain is 10x worse when it's a SWF.

yes, it is the only objective. and that is a problem. we need some sort of secondary objective that actually does something (and before you say totems, most see no reason to cleanse unless there is already a hex active. then they cry about NOED, but that's a topic for another day.) so that I can play a game longer than 3 minutes. it's actually the main reason I play survivor instead nowadays. it's so much easier and less stressful than killer, since I don't have to worry about the 2-3 gens that just popped at once before I had a CHANCE to even get halfway across the map.

TL;DR, gen rushing exists and needs to be fixed with an important side objective.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

survivors need a 2nd objective but that not the way to do it.

• Freddo_Bagginz
    Freddo_Bagginz Member Posts: 15
    Options

Just get better at the game. Nothing else to it really...

• Freddo_Bagginz
    Options

Camping is a thing. Gen rushing is not. Survivors only have one objective... Complete gens... Its not a survivors fault if the killer isn't good enough to catch them

• DominicR529
    Options
  • cranzer
    cranzer Member Posts: 26
    Options

As a survivor main, who has been 99ing everything in existence, old camping Bubba most closely emulated the survivor experience of sitting and holding a button waiting for something to happen. So that's what I did.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited August 2020
    Options

Tunneling/camping isn't a thing.

I find it funny when survivors complain about "tunneling" and "camping" like sorry for doing my only objective in the game (killing survivors) the most efficient way possible by eliminating someone early. Is it my fault you can't avoid being caught well enough? The terms "tunneling" and "camping" are laughable and only serve 1 purpose which is as an excuse for terrible survivors when they get outclassed. Survivor mains only seem to know how to complain, it's not like we are the ones with the ability to run in circles and hit E to get some free distance to avoid the killer and act like we're doing something skillful while their 3 team mates hold M1 on generators.

• DominicR529
    Options

Again 2 completely different things... but sure mate, solid work there pal

• cranzer
    Options

Camping is not a thing, Gen rushing is not a thing. Killers only have 1 objective, to kill survivors. So when I 99 a survivor on the hook it's not camping its doing my objective.

It's not the killer fault if the survivors aren't organized enough to save the survivor.

• DominicR529
    Options
  • cranzer
    Options

If getting a 4k is a hindrance then I need more objectives to make the game play more fun.

• Freddo_Bagginz
    Options
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

Please keep this thread on topic and do not insult other posters, if you are unable to discuss this civilly this thread will be closed.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    edited August 2020
    Options

As people couldn't manage to keep things respectful, I'm locking this now

This discussion has been closed.