What if dead by daylight had a good team working on it

Imagine if dead by daylight had a good team. It has a grear mmr system with a nonexistent meta. Everybody can run the perks they want and have fun with friends. The game is doing amazing and they release free dlc ( not licensed of course) for everyone. They adress feedback and do weekly patches to up the games health.

I just wanna say with this that the community is tired of you being so money hungry and releasing more outfits for 10 bucks than patches. We just wanna see the game succeed and the thing we have now, the standard "m1" chase is amazing, Looping in this game in its core is frankly amazing.

Instead of doing everything you can to make the game better you release new skins and change dumb ######### like auras. it doesnt make sense. 👩‍🚀

Comments

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173

nice bait

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Then they would have a very good job, so far! 🌈😂

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

They changed the old auras because they were too problematic and buggy. They released a hotfix a couple of hours ago and now they are not as bad.

• Chunkyboi
    Chunkyboi Member Posts: 115
  • Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Without this team you would not have a Dead By Daylight game at all & the game wouldn't exist for you to play & complain about. Think about that instead.

• Chunkyboi

If you think like that, nothing would change. Thats a dumb point.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

I just think they're very reluctant to getting rid of people who have been on the game for some time but don't really do anything for the overall health of the game.

The balance team should have been wiped entirely some time ago. They either take ages to implement meaningful changes or they are SO disconnected with what players want they don't even seem to understand how their own game works.

There's always gonna be complaints from both sides and people who refuse to accept change, but if they listened to both sides' frustrations then the perceivable buffs would outweigh the nerfs.

• Fellek
    Fellek Member Posts: 17

You do realise that there are 2 different teams working on outfits and on gameplay? 4head

• Chunkyboi

thats not the main problem, i think they need to get their priorities straight. I think they are only thinking about a quick buck and not really longterm

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I dunno this team has endeared itself to me. I forgive it for busting auras and other shenanigans over the years.

They're miles above Nexon, EA, and Ubisoft and new Blizzard.

Not that it's hard to be above them, but ever since they bought the game back from their publisher they've got Indie-tude with a mix of serious in house gaming crew. When they lose the Indie-tude that's when it's really gonna get poopy.

• Fellek
    Fellek Member Posts: 17

what? This is obvious, every proper game team has that, they have a ton of people working on the game, they definately have seperate teams working on one thing, its pretty rare to find someone that is good at 3d modelling, coding, map design, community management and a bunch of other things LMAO

• Chunkyboi

nah i do get that, i read that other message wrong in my head, haha im dumb

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Gotta agree. Though DbD really does have it's ups and downs, I'd trust their word over companies like EA or Activison/Blizzard these days. Sure, cosmetics are flying out faster than patches, but that's fine for now, as long as they at least ATTEMPT to fix issues. Though I wish they would start doing these fixes more often than every mid-patch and chapter release. At least 1 bug fix patch per week should be standard imo.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I agree. "Spaghetti code" excuse only gets you so far. I've seen games like EverQuest and other MMOs take a basic foundation and make some really cool stuff. We don't have AI pathing in this game so you don't have to worry about it. (Or AI in general at the moment.) It's just a map, 5 players and interactables. If you edit something and 500 other things break, then break them and remake it into something better. Break it like a pallet. Just, crack crack.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

"Instead of doing everything you can to make the game better you release new skins and change dumb [BAD WORD] like auras. it doesnt make sense. "

Gonna quickly dissect that part.

You're aware that the "dev team" isn't one team, right? There are multiple separate teams working simultaneously on both balance and revenue (AKA cosmetics).

Not only that, but cosmetics don't take as long to implement as balance changes.

And don't say "wEll tHEn pUt mOre PeOPle oN bAlAnCe" because most digital artists have little to no experience with code or game balance in general.

And this isn't a funding issue either; the art team likely generates its own revenue through the selling of cosmetics. The balance team is doing a better job than people like to admit, and BHVR isn't a money cow like you're saying they are.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798

Please think of something constructive to say other than "devs bad". I'm tired of all of the posts complaining without staying civil and without offering ideas for improvement.

I agree with your point about ludicrously-priced cosmetics, but I don't care that much because people all have the choice to vote with their wallets and not buy them. I haven't paid for a single cosmetic other than the Charity Case since bought the game and I'm still having fun.

We have no idea what the code for auras looked like under the hood before the change. Auras were probably costing them a lot of development and QA time before their refactor. I'm sure they didn't just change how they looked because they were bored with them and hate the community.

I definitely do want to see a QoL / bug fix sprint rather than new content. They should be refactoring things like auras that have been causing bugs, performing poorly, etc., but I want to see a lot more of that more quickly. Hopefully they do prioritize performance and quality at some point.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    edited August 2020

I still have an ounce of respect for them since they never made BLoodpoints a purchasable substance. I buy DLC and costumes to support, but in all honesty when I was a baby killer and being bullied and frustrated that I didn’t have the killer perks necessary to put up a fight, I’d probably blow off 100 bucks for 10million BP (10 bucks a mill). They can’t be too greedy since they haven’t, lesser companies would.

• Chunkyboi

yeah but im afraid by buying the oufits we encourage that BEHAVIOR (pun intended)

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

What you have to keep in mind is the games origins. It was started by a very small company with extremely limited resources. What does that matter now you ask? The foundation of the game is a kind of unstable spaghetti code. Which means realistically no matter how good the devs are or aren't things will always break with this game. It sucks. But short of a ground up reworking of the entire game nothing can change this.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Yeah, what if?

• Chunkyboi

oh really, i didnt know that. Well thats another problem entirely then.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

BhVR has grown alot as a company. Largely because of this games success. The problem as I understand coding is everything is supposed to mesh neatly together. With spaghetti code it doesn't do that. Which is why fixing thing a sometimes breaks thing b.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

shocked not that big yet a lot people play this buy outfit and they dlc still are small.

This discussion has been closed.