Which 'Map Sets' would you like to see expanded on?

Options

No matter what else you think about the devs, they are pretty dang good at telling stories through map design (outfit design too, though tbh it's a bit more hit and miss there)

So, which map set and therefore killer backstory would you like to see expanded on?

Comments

• Popcornchicken11
    Popcornchicken11 Member Posts: 110
    Options

Personally I would want to see more lerys, but a lot of people hate that map :c

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Midwich, the Silent Hill IP has so many beautiful and creepy areas they can add, another Hospital, a desolate suburb, sewers, even an apartment complex.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

For originals I'd like to see more Ormond and Glenvale.

I like the snowy brighter feel of Ormond and think a map like Shelter Woods but snow covered and brighter would be cool or one similar to Crotus Penn with the burnt down theatre from Julie's lore as a centerpiece. I also think the store where the Legion became killers could be cool and maybe have the area around it be a parking lot full of cars and whatnot.

There's a lot that could be done with the old west kinda feel of Glenvale too; like a gold mine map or some Hills have Eyes kinda wilderness, or even the prison Deathslinger is from.

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706
    Options

I want the Tools store introduced in GhostFace trailer, thats about it.

It would be the first place ever where it would make sense to have pallets around.

• PoisonAsh
    PoisonAsh Member Posts: 60
    Options

I am with you. I love it. I love Hawkins and Dead Dawg Saloon too. Expand those!

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options
  • Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

I would love more interior set maps, they are my favourite but as one mentioned before, they're hated and it kinda bums me there.

Still they're the coolest looking by a huge margin.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Lery's or Ormond.

Both have huge potential and personally if Ormond is expanded on I prefer more elevation like maybe exploring the idea that the map is on a ski resort, map has elevation, maybe a cave, etc.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

As if other things like generators made much sense on many maps

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239
    Options

i want to see a more unique temple layout, thing just feels like a regular map but with an asset plopped into the middle, i want it to all feel different.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,511
    edited August 2020
    Options

Ormond would be really cool to expand on.

Everyone generally hates Ormond because it's extremely unbalanced, but most people actually like it aesthetically. If Ormond was actually fixed balance wise I think it would be pretty popular tbh.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Whichever Realm has only 1 map is where i'd like more maps, so that you can't 100% tell which map you're going to get when someone uses a Realm Offering.

Also, i want my cul-de-sac map for Haddonfield already, where is it Mathieu?!? 👿

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Ormond - could have another map that is top of ski trail. Maybe one of the town.

Lery's - I used to hate that map but after the rework I really enjoy it. Be nice to see other floors, maybe one that includes a morgue.

Hawkins - add mall and kids neighborhood.

Haddonfield - add couple new lay outs, maybe not just straight street.

Glenvale - different layouts would be nice. Maybe versions where you can go into the houses.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

I want Clown to have his traveling circus set up shop in every realm.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Red Forest. I love the design and feel of tbsoe maps, even if the balance is... Yeah.

I really want more Red Forest maps. It's like Macmillan Estate, but greener and less bricky.

Also, how did a Babylonian priestess get to Russia to set up an entire temple? I must know this. Was the Sea-Goat real? Who thought it a good idea to put a temple to an ocean deity in the middle of a forest? Why doesn't Ghostface have a map? Was the Entity having some kind of drug trip when it confused the arid and bright Mesopotamia with a damp, wet, dark forest? Why hasn't it screwed up so badly with any other realm? What does the Sea-Goat think about a place of worship being located so far away from the norm?

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239
    Options

tbh i never thought of that i mean he IS someone who roams from place to place so it wouldnt be far'fetched to have clown maps in several of the base game map tiles

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Precisely. He needs a carnival in every realm. It'd be an easy way for BHVR to add an extra area in every Realm as well.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited August 2020
    Options

I want more swamp maps. There is an unused map in the game files called Dead Lake. I would love a lake map

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

Lery's I wold love to play on the roof and upper floors, or the basements. the basemen floors could have their escape doors be tunnels that lead out or a ramp that goes up out onto the sides of the facility.

Traveling caravan/circus/fair deserves its own realm, the fact that they didn't do a carnival map is a big let down.

Temple of purgation could just use a bit of a color change,

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

I like MacMillan and Yamaokas aesthetics the most. Would love to see more of those.

Honorable Mention to Haddonfield . Would love to see some gameplay design changes there though.