How to fail at game developing? (Steps Included)

Options
2»

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It was meant to be rhetorical. There's no "system error" that can take your credit card and input the details on your computer. Someone made a purchase with your information and it's not on any company to make sure you don't leave your credit card lying around.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    Options

No. To clear up:

1) I'm on PS4

2) I tried to buy auric cells, but it said there was a problem with my card. There wasn't since I bought PS4 Theme and 1 pack of 1080 (or is it 1000?) auric cells no problem. All other packs said there was a card error. It said this too when I tried buying the 1080 pack again. So I only received 1080 cells. But then I find out, despite the "error", I had lost around £40. No way somebody used my credit card physically when it's my possession or even used it digitally so coincidentally - at the same time - I tried to kept buying packs.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

when you find out how much they're paid versus the cost of living in their area, let alone compared to the pay others get from other companies and outside of games period you might understand their lack of enthusiasm. blizzard became a pretty greedy company that doesn't care about it's employees or customers once activision swallowed it up, which is why I refer to it often as just activision now and why the activision comes before the blizzard (activision-blizzard) in their name. It's probably one of the absolute worst worst game companies to work for, along with ubisoft after some of the stuff that came out about that one recently.

ubi had the gift of a dragon age bioware dev, and literally drove the guy away from the company because they wouldn't let him put his gifts to use. I both laughed and felt p*ssed off when I learned why that guy left and what we may have missed out on, all because of another suit that probably never touched a video game in it's life and doesn't know a thing at all about them telling a creative and seasoned game developer who also plays the games what they can't develop. and then you wonder why there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm and effort in recent years, when you hear about the bs going on at companies like blizzard and ubi. I'm not surprised at all any more. I almost feel bad for them at this point. Your dream job turning out to be one of the most chit jobs.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

It's sad to see how bad they have become. They were already starting to slip in their lore before that, but the Activision acquisition put it all into warp speed. Blizzard has always been a company that steals its core lore from other stories/games/movies. I mean, Arthas is pretty much a rehash of Elric - Prince of a kingdom who gets a cursed sword that feeds on the souls of its victims.....But, at least it was fun and entertaining. Then they just decided to shoot holes in their lore to make their next expansion (whichever one you choose) work. Sad, really sad.

The one thing I will give the developers of DbD is they have created very interesting lore as it pertains to the Entity and it's created killers. The survivor lore is meh, with the exception of a few - Ace, David, Meg, Claudette, Jake and Dwight being the best of them, IMO. The whole conflict between the Entity and The Trapper is really good stuff. I wish they would really pull that information out. We need a graphic novel or short films on their created killers and their stories. I'd be willing to buy those up.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

that would be anice way to act as a sort of advertisement for a future dlc chapter actually, bringing in new players to the game around the time as a goal. we're starving for decent comics these days at some points.