Which killer do you see as a Perfect Balance example, and why?

slim0b
slim0b Member Posts: 551

Title.

For me it's gotta be Oni, the man has to work to get his power and even when he gets it he still has to apply pressure to keep people from healing. He doesn't ignore any looping mechanics and has a good amount of counterplay.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

Billy and Nurse. Mechanically intensive with a high reward for time investment. Plenty of counterplay options that lead to dynamic and engaging chases through all levels of play.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

I would agree. Billy got nerfed, but not too bad, only his powerful addons got messed with. I would hazard that Oni now is the most balanced character.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Perfect balance:

Hillbilly and Huntress. Both high risk / high reward Killers that offer mindgames and plenty of counterplay for both sides.

Not so sure about the new Hillbilly though but Hillbilly Classic was perfect balance in my opinion. Maybe instasaw and instadown hatchets need an adjustment but those are quite rare and expensive.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

Myers and Demo are in my opinion the most "balanced" killers, they have to work for their kills but they have a strong kit only utilized properly by someone with a good sense of judgement and in Myers case a strong set of options to change how he is played via addons.

if anything Demo needs a slight buff making rats liver+tail baseline and 2 pre-placed portals on opposite sides of the map (but one less placable portal from the default of 8)

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

Myers and Demo are in a pretty weak state, there's no way in hell they're perfect balance.

Myers is the only killer in the game who's power at 1 point in the game can completely run out, he's a worse Oni/Ghostface and the only thing he's given to help in a chase is a 25% vault speed boost.

Demogorgon's Shred also won't function at many regular pallet loops and you can see this even when you watch the top ranked demo in the game currently (Msa_matei he's on twitch.) It works mostly at Shack, T-L walls, and will work at jungle gyms only if a survivor makes a mistake tho.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    edited August 2020

I would also say that oni is the perfect balanced killer in the game.

Only infectious fright can make him a bit too strong.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Pre nerf Billy with no add ons to me was the definition of balanced.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

i did say MY opinion and i never said good just balanced.

if there was more reason to play stealth and loops weren't 100% safety zones so there was more reason to FEAR the killer then yeah both Myers and Demo are awful.

in the current state of the game though they are the most "middle of the road" kind of balanced, they arent high nor low just average

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

old billy, good mobility and good chase potential but now theyve taken the only addon that lets him do well in chases

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Freddy or Spirit. An unpopular opinion.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

For me, Hillbilly and Huntress (at base) are both killers who should be the standard for every other killer.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

I'm biased but I must say that's Oni.

You need to earn his power through chases and hits and when you activate it you have 45s to use it (and if you insta-down someone you lose 7s), he's loopable and when he's on blood fury jungle gyms are you saving grace.

Besides that, he's not a "easy killer" to learn 'cause you need to know angles, the right time to dash and hit, the right time for holding M1 with the kanabo and, most important, you need to know how to select your chases, as long ones screw him up hard.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    edited August 2020

Freddy is balanced all around which makes him top tier among the rest. It's why he's unliked so much and found to be boring.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Demo, good map pressure, not addon dependent (mainly cause 99% of his addons are complete doo doo but hey, what can you do), good chase potential, utterly disgusting gen lock potential, and isn't strong to the point of being infuriating (looking at you spirit)

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Like you said, Oni. Oni is quite literally, the power role in dbd. He is frightening when he gets his power, and still has a good amount of counterplay. Also, he has map pressure and some of the best chase in the game. Honourable mention is hag, because she takes so much skill to master, and the better player will always come out on top. The only thing about hag that needs to be nerfed is her hook traps.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Huntress. Easy. Every strength she has, has an equal weakness.

Also @Dead_by_Gadfly you can't tell me what to do!

• pedroframil
    pedroframil Member Posts: 45

It's hard to talk about killer balance on the game, cause we have a lot of situational things.

Considering only their base kit and perks, a lot of killers can be considered balanced, including our top-tier Nurse, Spirit and Freddy.

But a single shared perk or pink addon can change that drastically. Nurse with Surge+Surveillance. Spirit with Stridor. Freddy with Pop and BBQ/thrilling. Huntress with Iris and Belt.

I don't think it's possible to just say "that killer is balanced". We can try to think about killers that perform well on any ranks, without great dependance on perks or addons, but still i can't think about one that is all of that. We have a lot of weak killers that can be better (not great) on specific scenarios. We have some "balanced killers" with addons or perks that break the game.

By the end of the day, it's all about your skill and playstyle (even if its scummy). We have some pretty good and some pretty bad killers, but I don't see any of them performing fairly on every skill level and with any perks or addons.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´d also go with Oni, play him a lot. He offers good pros and cons for his power, provides counterplay, requires a reasonable amount of mechanical skill and is capable of dealing with skilled survivors if played well.

Same goes for Hillbilly though, but havent played him much for about a year so yeah can´t rly tell how the recent changes affected him.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I'd say Oni or Demo.

Demo has a kit that can do a bit of everything and it takes a bit of time to learn how to be good with him, when to use his power and when to fake it. Also where it's best to put portals and such. Only downside with his Shred is how he also started the whole "No cooldown on cancelling M2" trend that's been going on with killers lately.

Oni without Infectious Fright is also perfectly balanced. Have to work to earn your power and when you finally get it, you get rewarded with instadowns and great map pressure. Also survivors can choose if they wanna counter him by healing or if they'd prefer to spend their time on gens instead. The reason I say without Infectious is because his snowball potential becomes a bit too good imo, with it equipped.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Freddy, Spirit, The Old Hillbilly, and possibly the new Leatherface.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited August 2020

Regarding Basekit only - Nurse, Freddy and Hillbilly (To an extent still experimenting with Hillbilly)

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

the clown because the dev's say he's underrated

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I think Oni with infectious is fine personally. Without it, he isn't very good, as his power is heavily reliant on snowballing. Survivors can counter infectious by using the perk "calm spirit". But most survivors don't want to use it, because they need DS, unbreakable and deliverance.