Can We Stop With The Long Challenges

Options

Like Hook obsession 15 times? seriously? If perfected that would take you 7-8 games, unless you purposly take ds to the face or something that changes the obsession for more hooks. Even then that makes the game harder because you gotta tunnel the obsession.

There are many other's, but i'm not going to list them all.

I was just thinking that challenges should be able to be completed in 1-2 matches tops without any extreme difficulty to do so. Like these ones that take long are not even challenging, they are just tedious.

Comments

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

May I introduce you to Nemesis and Furtive Chase.

You don't even need to "master" the tactic in order to hook 15 times the obsession in 2 games

Plus, if every challenge were to be completed in 1-2 games, you would need to play A LOT more games to grind the last tiers of the rift, and trust me, you don't want to complete all your challenges while you're at tier 50..

• Lycidas
    Options

Have you read the other half of my response in which I clearly say why some challenges have to be completed in more than 2 matches?

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    Options

Both perks that require DLC and 50 billion bloodpoints to both unlock and actually implement ... Huh... Coincidence?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

So you want more daily challenges that are free bp.

Challenges are supposed to be difficult and/or time consuming.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Challenges are optional and stay with us forever, they give free rewards for playing the game, no money required. There will most likely be easier and shorter routes to the end of a level so leave the longer ones until last or when you’ve got free time.

They are incentives to play the game and if every challenge was completed in one match, you’d only have to play about 20 matches for the entire two weeks before the next level comes along. I find the grind-y challenges inspire me more to mix and match perks around a little to see how efficient I can get. That same obsession challenge inspired me to use the Furtive Chase/Nemesis/Make Your Choice build on my Clown and it’s honestly very underrated.

• Lycidas
    Options

1- Both perks and bloodpoints are free to get (furtive chase can be obtained from the shrine and Oni can be purchased with shards)

2- These 2 perks are not in ANY way mandatory in order to complete that particular challenge

3- 50 billion bloodpoints? Are you mad? Getting a character at level 50 costs 2 and a half million bloodpoints max

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Challenges are supposed to be difficult - not time consuming. It's called a challenge, not called a waste of time.

Also did you forget this is a casual game?

• Suwusie
    Suwusie Member Posts: 26
    Options

Hm more people are disagreeing then I thought. I personally hate the challenges that force you to play multiple games to get it because:

1. It can get tedious (not challenging)
    2. It's very annoying when you got literally one more to go but have to play a whole match.
    3. Lobby times can make it boring

I don’t mind hard challenges, it’s a challenge after all it’s supposed to be difficult but not time consuming.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I prefer the long challenge to the do in single challenge. At least if it's like "hit survivors with hatchets 15 times" and you're off by 1 or "hide within 10m from killer for 60 seconds" and you're off by a second you don't have to start at 0 in next match.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623
    Options

While I agree that it is time consuming, at least its not a challenge that forces you doing something that isn't a primary objective/is going to be a pain in the ass. If you play killer, you'll likely hook the obsession several times in several matches naturally. The stupid grab off generator challenges, however, can burn in hell.

Also... aren't casual games, let alone video games in general, by very definition a waste of time?

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Then make it less tedious. 4 gen's instead of 8-12. 5 Totems instead of 15. Like by default you have to have 3 whole matches to do something as simple as "Cleanse 15 totems". How damn stupid is that? That's not even a little bit of a challenge.