So killers have to play 20 matches for each killer they play. To get their true levels???

Buttercake
Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Confused...

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243
    edited August 2020

I 4k'd 10 games in a row on Nurse (rank 1 killer) and still got low yellow ranks with under 50 hrs. So.....I dunno

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

I've played over 60 matches as Wraith (I'm at rank 1), and 4k'd literally every game.12 hooks and short chases, maximum of 4 gens getting done WITHOUT slowdown perks...and I'm still facing newbies.

So no. 20 games my fat pimply ass.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

That's what they say but it has not been true for me. I've been playing every day since the new MMR came out, and I am still getting baby ranks. Both as killer and survivor.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

This is after 30 matches as survivor:

So I am gonna assume 10 or 20 matches maybe even 30 matches are not enough lol....I am getting red ranks 90% of the time as killers

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Thats what I don't understand. At least survivous only have the 1 score.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

Everything would be a whole lot more simple if they just show the MMR Ranks, At least then you could see if the matchmaking was fair and have some idea on what was going on.

Especially now that ranks mean nothing with matchmaking, Having it hidden is very sketchy.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I am totally in the mindset that their MMR values are reversed or something. This should not be a thing. @Peanits

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80

I am legitimately in the range of 80-90 games as a survivor and 20 games as Doctor. All day Tuesday was brutal, curbstomping. Yesterday, at around 70 games or so, I had 7 great games in a row... win some / lose some... but all were challenging and felt good. I log in today and literally every match has been against rank 1 or 2 killers who curbstomp us.

My 20ish matches with Doctor? Well, I'm green ranks (I used to play nicely and farm and whatnot so I've always been better than my rank), I destroy everyone like they're brand new. I played 6 games as Bubba (who I've prestige) and had my butt handed to me every time by expert players.

The MMR seems to have a potential for working. The problem I see is how terribly inconsistent it is. At this point, I'd prefer it simply be random chance. At leas then we can blame luck. Right now, it seems MMR is intentionally stacking the deck against us.

• SloppyKnockout

I actually think they outright lied to us about the MMR. Wouldn't be the first time BHVR has been shady and dishonest with us.

I think they just opened the matchmaking to everyone.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I'd not be surprised if that was the case either. We don't have a way of knowing either, as they're unwilling to show us details about the MMR system because of fear of exploitation.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,802

I'm still not sure if MMR is inconsistent or if all of the potatoes on the forum are surprised they're not as good as they think they are lol. I haven't played much killer with the new MMR, but with survivors my teammates have been consistently competent. That has never been the case before even at rank 1. I've been loving it.

• SloppyKnockout

There's elements of both - but when you see someone like ANGRYPUG (who may be an ass most of the time, but it can't be argued he's one of the best streamers to play survivor) for example get paired with rank 20 survivors against rank 1 killers consistently since this change, it's shows the inconsistency.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

didn't it say somewhere that if you beat people much lower than you then the increase in MMR is minimal compared to beating people closer in rank to you. So maybe it will take more games if the original match-ups are wildly skewed?

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

I just played with a guy in my team that has 12 hours on DbD. I have 435 hours. I might not be "as good as I think I am" but I'd hope I'm better than a rank 17 with 12 hours into the game.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Find another game? I've never heard so much groaning and so on. If you think the game is that bad, leave. They do a pretty darn good job and apparently it is thankless one too. Seriously, would all you people hating on the guys supporting the game you play for a ridiculous number of hours like a little cheese with your whine?

• SloppyKnockout

Grab yourself a pen and paper, and write a rebuttle instead of antagonizing me. Then you'll be allowed to have an opinion.

Okay, pumpkin?

:)

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,802
    edited August 2020

MMR was introduced three days ago, so ranks have definitely not settled out yet. That rank 17 could have had a few good games in a row and the algorithm decided to test them against better killers.

Also, even in an MMR system with a perfect skill algorithm, playing with a rank 17 doesn't mean you have the same skill as them. As a goofy example, let's say the game found a rank 100 killer and saw that you were 150, the rank 17 was at rank 50, and your two teammates were at rank 100. It then decided to match you up to make your team on average be at about the killer's level. There's just no way that all four people in a team and the killer are all going to be exactly the same rank without making queue times absurd (especially for people who are uncommonly good or bad), so there has to be some sort of mechanism like this to keep things fair without making people wait forever for matches.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited August 2020

Surely that also means that Killers have to through 20 matches with each killer if they want to de-rank troll which is now possible because there is no barrier to de-ranking like there is with the normal rank system (which is bad, there needs to be a barrier to de-rank trolls)

All this system was ever going to do was alienate any new potential player base cutting off any new potential revenue streams for future development which hurts player retention of both new and old players due to lack of content which was never developed because of those new player revenue streams that never had a chance to begin.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Interesting, right now I've had 3 games just after hitting around 20th game with rank 20 new survivors and those last 3 games were extremely sweaty high ranked survivors.

Finally, good survivors to play against again, I can finnaly have fun again and improve (I hope it's not due to me playing late in the evening).

I really really hope that the 20 games limit for MMR is what caused it and not that I got lucky due to some random circumstances. Although 20 games for each killers sounds extremely high of a floor to match just so you can play with players on your level.

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167
    edited August 2020

Especially since in the matchmaking update post it says " we've been gathering data for months " I mean it said that but it doesn't feel like it. I've seen some sweaty swf's mixed in but I honestly think that is because most red rank players I know are getting in red rank swf to avoid rank 20 teammates, I know that's what I'm doing. Idk I really hope it works fast. It's not fair to anyone especially the rank 20's they don't deserve to go against a rank 1 killer that can't even go easy for fear of constantly getting rank 20's I miss all red rank survivor teams.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Count me in with Myers. I'm past 30 games as of today. Had a 3-man escape the first one and then all 4ks except a 3k. I lost count of the babies that are being thrown at me. In one of the last game one survivor had 1 (one) hour on log. I have 1500h and rank 1.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I dont believe they have been collecting data for months, at least not significant data, Im getting a lot of 15-20 as Myers who is my strongest Killer and the one I play the most by far, I usually 3k and 4k as rank1 before the MMR with no need for Moris or the stronger add-ons now I could literally go AFK and start playing after the 4º gen popped and I would get 4k anyway because of how green the Survivors are.

My MMR as Myers should be more than calculated or at least it should be a close aproximation yet Im making low lvls feel miserable.

This whole situation puts me on a dilemma, I notice they are super new, what do I do? go soft so everyone has some fun and keep my MMR low only to be matched against more newcomers, something I find extremely boring after 2 or 3 games or massacre them so I get higher and start playing against people who can put up a fight at the cost of scaring potentially new players? I dont want the player base to be smaller as it will damage me in the long run too.

As I survivor Ive been getting better games, I will give them that, way less potatos as teammates.

• Raptoraizr
    Raptoraizr Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2020

I've played more than 30 matches since the release of this MMR system several days ago, I won 0 matches and I still keep getting thrown against tryharding red ranks survivors who achieved that rank 1 for a reason.

Following the logic of 20 matches deciding your MMR, I should get matched with players of my LOW end MMR, not against same red ranks who utilize top tier perks while I've running a mediocre build because I don't have enough resources for top tier perks on killer. Instead - same ending result with 0 hooks and downing because of red ranks who run infinite and know all windows/pallets placements, while also having flashlights and blinding me.

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 62
    edited August 2020

New mmr is broken i play 20h+

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167
    edited August 2020

I copied this from the new matchmaking q&a that peanuts posted on the 4th when it went live

• " So after reading this post why aren't the current ranks not weighted in the starting skill rating for the player base?  

We’ve already been running the skill rating calculation in the background for several months, in order to collect data and to validate some elements of our approach. Anyone who has been playing regularly in that time will already have a loosely calibrated skill rating to start with, which will be refined with each game they play now that the system is live. ".

so if this above is true then why in the hell am I as a rank 1 that plays every single day constantly getting rank 20's? I feel horrible playing against these survivors and it's even worse when idown a lot of them they just DC. I mean there is no way in hell I should ever be matched with grey or brown ranks! I played survivor and same thing rank 20 killer I am a rank 1 survivor as well as rank 1 killer and I do play both roles daily so yea I just don't believe this response from BHVR

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

well survivors are pretty much just a skin when you play, there's no difference between them as you can put any perk on any survivor and they don't have their own abilities. killers on the other hand have different abilities and are on different skill levels. eg trapper is one of the easiest killers to play but then you have someone like the nurse who takes a lot of skill and is really hard to master.

if you had 1 score for all of them and you did really well with the trapper and had a high score then decided to play nurse for the first time who is hard, you'd probably get your arse handed to you which is why there are different scores for different killers comes in. at least then you are up against survivors that match your skill level by each killer you play.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited August 2020

I’ve played over 50 matches easily. My most recent match was vs a rank 20 Oni with 2 perks who didn’t know how to kick a generator. Survivors: Rank 1, Rank 10, 13 and 15. He messaged me before the game to say he was “camping” because he didn’t know the term was “farming”

And I’m supposed to be convinced there’s a real MMR system vs. either (1) complete randomness (2) OK today let’s do 3 red rank matches, followed by 6 yellow rank matches, and 2 purple and green, then we’ll spin the invisible wheel see what the next 10 games or so will be matched as

my money is on ranks getting removed at some point. You know, it’ll “fix the problem pretty good”

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i say it messed up need to be reworked or something.