Do red rank killers win every game?

Options

I’m on my way to reaching red rank killer however I’m faced with matches where I don’t get every kill. I watch streamers who are seemingly flawless at killer. It gets me a little discouraged if I can’t get kills every game. So I just want to know, do the higher up’s also have bad games? They don’t possibly dominate 24/7 right?

Comments

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Ya don't worry about them i am rank 1 and occasionally drop back to 2 but only play for a few hours a day during the week as I'm at work. I also like to use all killers and this mmr does not work like it's supposed to so I play the same opponents type whether I'm using my top 5 or my bottom 5. Ofc course the survivors don't know who you main they just see rank so they think you suck but even with using my bottom 5 for the last week I'm still a 2 so can't suck 2 bad. Just focus on you and growing as a dbd player. Remember there are 4 survivors that can run ridiculous perks that give them multiple chances in chases and lives and your already expected the hook them 3 times when gens can be done in such little time. Just have to be smart on when and who to chase at the right times.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375
    Options

Nope, sometimes you'll get destroyed and it happens to the best Killers from time to time.

If you watch Streamers, also keep in mind that chances are high there are stream snipers on the Survivor team trying to get their 10 minutes of attention. Those players usually don't play sweaty which makes it much easier for the streamer to look good.

If you're skilled you should be able to maintain a ~80-90% winrate (3-4k) even in Rank 1 but you never know when they're going to hit you with a complete roflstomp that makes you feel like a baby killer.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,429
    edited August 2020
    Options

I would say at least 75% of my matches at rank 1 are 3-4k's. Only reason there are 3's is because of hatch which is basically a 4k though.

Now this may seem high, but there are some things to keep in mind. Not only is matchmaking terrible now, but it has been for ages. As well as having messed up ranking and a broken derank system, meaning LOTS of survivors at high ranks that have absolutely no reason for being there.

My point is that with all these issues we've had for a very long time it means even at rank 1 we are being put against a lot of other "red ranks" that aren't really red ranks and are more like green or lower if we're being honest.

This is a good example of why kill stats are near completely worthless in terms of measuring balance.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

No, anybody who says they never win is lying. Play the game for fun, and not to be a "flawless killer". Nobody is a flawless killer. I say this as a rank 1 killer as well. I lose a decent amount.

• QueenOfIllusion
    QueenOfIllusion Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thank you! I just always had the thought in the back of my mind “you aren’t good unless you succeed at every round” so hearing it from folks I strive to be like say even they have trouble makes me more at ease

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

No, not even close. Survivor ranks are only a measure of time played, not skill, and by extension killers can rank up on bad survivors and blackpip off of good ones. For example, I just had a game against a Pig. She was terrible. Couldn't loop, had no slowdown perks, fell for BBQ baiting constantly, never tried to slug, and while she did try to use her dash in loops she never caught on to the fact that I was just running away the moment she crouched.

She was rank 2. Apparently she depipped that game.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    Options

Always expect to not win 9x out of 10 as Killer.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

If you get really good you'll have very high kill rate as killer but that's mainly due to DBD not giving you hardcore sweat teams every match that would be equall challenge to your skill level. I personally feel like my kill rate would be around 80% overall but I know that it's caused by the large amount of bad survivors I get, paired with me beiing seasoned killer.

It's easy to say or watch players with very high kill rates and call DBD killer favored when in reality it's just that people don't vs teams who would match their skill level which makes it look like they never lose.

It's the sweaty teams with all 4 good survivors that makes these high kill rate killers lose since the odds are more balanced in such match rather when facing solos with at least 2 potatoes that lose the match for survivor side of the trial.

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225
    Options

You 4k 90% of times, and you only lose (0k) in 1 of 100 matches

• Masochistic_Killer
    Masochistic_Killer Member Posts: 413
    Options

I've seen Otz lose as Nurse without a single kill. It definitely can and does happen, probably a lot more than it should.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    Options

Most likely yes. if u go against solos is 95% of the time a win if u are good if they are an insane 4 man is considerably harder if u are not using spirit or nurse but still. those dont appear all the time.

• seki23
    edited August 2020
    Options

lol #########? then you are awfull as kiler you should be able to win at least 7/8 of 10 matches otherwise you need to get better at the game. you are not going against insane 4 man with thousands of hours every game and if u are on steam then dodge those lobbys or bring an ebony for those very especific situations, the game is killer sided WHEN you play against solos, is extremely rare to lose agaisnt solos even at red ranks the problem are SWF, but not all of them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

This 100%. Viewers and streamers themselves often forget that playing the game as a job leads to atypical results.

To answer OP's question: I do lose. Not very often, maybe once every 3 hours or so, but it does happen.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Nope, and you’ll probably enjoy the game more if you relax and accept that sometimes you’ll lose and it’s okay. I definitely started enjoying killer more once I became okay with my losses. :)

I’ve played against streamers who routinely 4K and escaped, it doesn’t mean they’re not better than me lmao, this game is just too RNG dependent to easily judge the skill of another person based on one match.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I'd say I win the vast majority as a killer I've got a lot of time and points invested into. Four red ranks solos is usually an easy win due to the lack of info on their end. A Swf can be tought depending on their playstyle. A lot of them play fast and loose/dangerous and end up screwing themselves over, but optimal Swfs can be VERY tough to beat and it becomes largely map dependant.

An early hook is really the dealbreaker against a good team. If you don't get one before the first/second gen you won't be able to apply enough pressure.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    edited August 2020
    Options

There is never a 100% chance.

My motto is: There is always someone more experienced than you somewhere in the world. If that is not the case, it's because you never met it yet 😁.

This is luckily the case in gaming also. Imagine if you were the best and dominated every Survivor always 100% of the time... What would even be the thrill of not knowing what to expect in the match? How would you be able to improve? It would be getting boring sooner or later...

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

With Hag I tend to win most games but I'll play other killers and drop back down to purples often and rank reset is a yoyo for me from 4-5 for about a week until I can work back up to rank 2. I play probably 12-20 hours a week depending on events/archives/how often my friends want to play swf.

A lot of the streamers 4king every match also only play killer or very rarely play Survivor. It's amusing watching someone like Otz doing really well as killer and then watching him play Survivor and being somewhere between a potato and fairly competent.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Absolutely not. Ive been r1 for close to 6 months now and get my ass kicked plenty. There are games youve lost before youve even spawned in thanks to rng. There are also games you onky won because of rng.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I understand man it hurts every time you lose as a killer against a red ranks. SO don't feel bad, it will take time for you too learn. also red ranks tend to be people who put a lot of hours into the game. SO They know a lot about the environment, my advice as a killer main try to learn about the killer you play as and use some of their strengths/perks to the best of your ability. ITs okay if you lose just try to think positivly, watch a funny video, or do something that you like, that's what I do when I have a few bad matches in a row

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

I don't get all 4 survivors about 50% of the time

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Winning all depends on the person

Do they think that 4k's are a win

Do they think that points are a win

Do they think that Pip's are a win

You can Pip and not kill everyone

Also you can kill everyone and either depip or safety

You can play a killer that gives a lot of points but not kill all survivors

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115
    Options

I'm always getting SWF. Also I just know you tunnel, etc, given how you implied it's so easy to play as Killer.

• seki23
    Options

imagin still using terms as tunnel as bad things, you have to kill survivors do you they do care about yor fun? they will tush those gens as fast as they can, the y dont care about you or your fun they never did and they never will when you learn that you will win more than 70% of your games.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options

I've been a red rank killer for a very long time. Those games definitely happen, especially if you're using a killer you haven't played for a long time or a killer you have very little experience with. I've seen the top streamers have 4 escapes. Don't get discouraged. Just remember that you are playing to have fun and practice. Playing as a killer is so stressful sometimes it's easy to forget that.

• WillWolf76
    WillWolf76 Member Posts: 19
    Options

These streamers, like myself, have practiced and practiced and practiced. Even then, we don't win every game. If you played for 4 years and learned all the tricks survivors do (and killers do when you play survivor), you would be able to do what we do. The key word here is PRACTICE. Four years I have been playing this game, I still lose games now and then because no one is perfect. You have off days or some survivors just out play you sometimes.

In fact a few weeks ago, I was playing my nurse. This was the first and ONLY game as a nurse that I lost when my blinks were perfect. I was up against 2 Green Ranks who told me in chat they were still new to the game and 2 red ranks. We were on the large map, Red Forest, the original one. After I started decimating the team in the beginning, slugging the crap out of them, they would abandon gens that were 70% done just to run and hide. I would search the area looking for them, they were working on other gens across the map that were 0% because they wanted to completely avoid me. Hiding in the area to them was too risky so when they knew I was coming, they took off to get away.

I lost because I couldn't find them. Gens took a while but their use of stealth and not being greedy ultimately lead to their victory. I never met a full team of survivors that were not greedy at all and played as smart as they did. Mind you, these were new players.

In chat later, they told me after they saw how well I played nurse, they knew to avoid me at all costs and hide. The respect they gave me and the respect of how they played because they recognized my own skill was honestly extremely flattering. It was also awesome to see survivors who were flexible enough to change their own strategies mid game. A lot of red ranks think the game is played only one way and if killers do something that interferes with their strategies, they start crying in chat about it. These guys were the total opposite, they were true gamers. I told them I looked forward to playing them in the red ranks because they played better then any red rank I ever seen (except the two red ranks in the game, they played better then other red ranks). We exchanged a lot of respectful compliments before moving on.

But as a nurse who rarely loses when her blinks are on point (can't say never now thanks to these 4 survivors), I learned that day that even as a nurse who generally 4ks or 3ks with a hatch escape (still a killer victory), you can still lose a game at red rank if the survivors know how to play. You will learn that most survivors don't know how to play though and can't handle the fact that they get beat because of it.

Red Rank doesn't mean you are good, it just means you play a lot! Getting rank 1 is easy, just keep playing. Go in with a strategy but don't be unbending, be flexible to change it up if the survivors are beating you with their strategies. A lot of survivors are not as good as they think they are, usually the ones playing DS, BT, Exhaustion Perks, and Adrenaline. Theses players use them because they are clutch perks and if I see them, instant mori as a killer! They use them because they don't have the skills to play survivor properly because they are used to fix mistakes.

Anyone that wants to argue this point, I have videos of myself running killers without the perks. The only perk I have used to run killers is Windows of Opportunity. The rest of my perks are all stealth perks like Calm Spirit and Lightweight. I ran a Bubba for 5 minutes straight with Self Heal, Calm Spirit, Lightweight, and Windows of Opportunity. I posted it on YouTube, he was a Red Rank 4.

So rank means nothing, just keep practicing and you will be fine. Learn how to counter a survivor's moves and end chases faster. Also, don't chase the guy who is really good and wants to be chased. Save them for last. If they are not on a generator, they are useless to the other survivors. Only the ones on generators matter!

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

We are humans. Therefore, we make mistakes because we are not perfect. Even a very good killer can be stomped given the right circumstances.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited August 2020
    Options

moderately skilled killers might begin having a rough time once their mmr gets too high. The reason for that is once there's no longer a random potato to crack the door open with a sweaty duo or trio, you might find yourself having a very hard time getting more than a couple of kills in a game any more rendering a lot of rift challenges effectively impossible to complete without sympathetic survivors or pretending to farm and then morying all of them.

in the end the matchmaking will not be any better once it reaches that point. Especially if they don't change future rift challenges appropriately to compensate for the increased overall difficulty killer will be going forward. That's before they ruin moris even to keep swf happy and buying costumes. They're gonna need to act fast to keep the killers feeling satisfied and motivated to play killers or the game at all once the mmr singularity comes. The point it becomes aware of how pointless it is. Once people quit games these days, they rarely come back to them. I honestly don't expect a lot of killers to stick around once they realize they'll never get any potatos again without afking to offset their good matches, let alone potato swf... if you don't like the idea of swf now wait until then. Being a killer is gonna be even more frustrating and unrewarding a few months down the road once the mmr smooths itself out, especially if they don't finally let you opt of facing swf. I can't wait to see the threads 2 or 3 months from now. And with how polarized asymmetricals are, it is gonna be entertaining. I'm gonna have some doritos and beer ready to read as much of it as I can for the lulz.

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    Options

Most streamers will also only show their "God-like" games as killers and rarely show when they're stomped on by great survivors.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Couldn't you make it sound a bit more biased? It sounds almost as if you're a Killer main!

• honestscript
    honestscript Member Posts: 259
    Options

Being a no friend loser, im trained in the art of solo survivor. I escape about two thirds of my games. And no i dont use the small pp builds.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

what is winning really? 4K? Losing is anything less than that? I find it ridiculously easy to play as killer in this game. Tbh I’m fine with

2-3K a game. But this game is too easy for killers tbh. Devs have done nothing but pamper baby killers by keeping Mori’s in the game 😂

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Also, the hitboxes are currently messed up. I wish there was somewhere I can send video clips of getting hit through windows and pallets when I know for a fact I shouldn’t have. They need to fix the killer hits. It’s kind of unfair at the moment.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Oh yeah there are definitely a handful of bad games you will get but once you level killers and learn them well you should see most of your games being 2-4K

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    Options

A really good nurse/spirit with great perks/addons will 4k almost all the time.

Any other killer will struggle against a good SWF.

I'm playing in a great (even top) SWF. Started to play Dbd again after 1 year off.

Was rank 20, now i'm rank 3 (almost 2), i succeded to exit 80% of my games, maybe 85%... Everytime i died, it was against a spirit with Stridor.

• zacattak48
    zacattak48 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Getting a 4k everygame in red ranks is not always possible. I do very well 90% but occasionally there is a really good 4 man swf when im not a viable killer like clown or deathslinger and cant do much. If you lose to a good team dont feel bad. Odds are there wasnt much you could do as gens are just too quick.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Goodness, no. A lot of my games 3 - 4 escape, and I only maintain rank due to efficient juggling, just not enough to clinch kills. Then there are the games where I am completely trounced, be it at loops, or blitzed at gens. That's ignoring the SWF GGEZ squads.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Believe me, even as a streamer/creator there are people (including myself) that put an unreasonable amount of pressure on me to perform to their expectations.

You wouldn't really know it, but the majority of the Hag Main discord thinks I'm a garbage Hag for many reasons ranging from missed swings, perk choices, trap placement choices, and even getting mad when I deliberately chase survivors when I shouldn't.

Opinions, expectations, and standards that other people try to hold you to and hold against you are worth about as much as a meal after 24 hours.. put the opinions other people have about you where they belong... In the toilet and flush that #########.

The only person's expectations you should strive for are your own and don't beat yourself up if you don't do as well as you would like.

You can always improve, but don't beat yourself up about it if you're not doing as well as you would like.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Whaaaaat! You're the best hag I know so don't go letting them call you bad.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
  • solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

In my experience it's a 50/50 chance that either the killer 3k/4k's or 0k/1k's ...those 2 kills 2 escapes matches are rare. Either the killer get's to snowballing and then he usually dominates and wins if not making a huge mistake or he doesn't get his foot into the door and usually loses (with the occasional endgame kill)

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    Options

Not even close. This game is definitely balanced in such a way that the survivors usually win assuming equal skill level, especially with SWF's taken into account.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

It all depends on how you define winning.....

You have to remember that these streamers, who play as killers and actually put in 60 hours a week have their own private killer to worry about. Its name is diabetes. In many cases they already have gained enough experience to put it at Level Tw...I mean Type 2......and this particular killer happens to be very real, its terror radius is not measured in meters but in pounds (or kilograms)....of consumed snacks and fast food, its hindered status cannot be healed away, and eventually you eventually every day will start with automatic exhausted status.

My point being: don't ever measure your performance in anything - be it a sport, career, or a video game - against people that literally sacrifice the rest of their available time/lifespan in order to excel at any one particular thing.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

I'd say I'm around the 80-90%% 4k range and I agree it's mostly on matchmaking and I will still be comfortably destroyed by a well coordinated good team, this happening about once a month I'd say. All it takes is one weaker player and the game is really difficult to win for survivors.

When people say rank doesn't matter, what they really mean is you only have to be hypothetically in a top percentile to get to purple/red ranks, that being purple/red rank doesn't actually make you good, therefore you cannot point to your rank as a measure to state you are good. We could even say this group of players is something like 40% of the active playerbase. This means I could hypothetically be in the top 5-10% of player skill, but that then 75% of games I am matched with inferior players and win without much trouble, the extreme examples being the occasional 50h baby who has zero idea what they are doing and hit rank 2 because they play with friends who are decent.

I also totally agree with your take kill rates, and a lot of data in general being irrelevant to balance, personally I think you can only reliably go off of gameplay experience & the eye test. From the November 2019 data, even in exclusively red ranks, Nurse and Huntress were in the bottom 4 killers and had lower killrates than Legion. Yet they are undeniably far better and neither of these killers need any buff whatsoever.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Winning is hard to conclude on this game. However if we see winning as a 4k for instance then nah. Not every red rank killer gets a 4k every match.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

B-Tier and lower killers have always a hard time against competent survivors and it is not fun to play. So you have to stick to the good killers if you want more wins.