The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hag's Trap Camera Hijack

I consistently have issues with the hag's traps hijacking my camera and making me lose my direction of travel, my orientation and my sense of surroundings, causing me to have to look around to figure out which way I was going and where the killer who is chasing me is, assuming it doesn't cause me to run into a wall or directly at the killer.

Sure, it's a great feature when I'm not actively being chased, because then you can watch and see if she teleports to it. In a chase, however, it will make the survivor's movement input useless for a couple of seconds during a chase because they are either suddenly running into a wall, towards the killer, somewhere random, or not at all. It often results in a free hit for the killer, especially if the hag is right behind you when it goes off in a random direction(compared to your movement and camera orientation) while you were trying to go to a pallet, a window or just juke the hit with movement.

I'd personally rather have camera control during a chase and not be forced to look and check to see if she teleports to it, as there's usually a small audio cue to her teleport anyway.

Comments

• Is it? I missed that indication

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

If you took this away it would make Hag traps useless in chases, this is what they do. Killer mechanics are supposed to benefit the killer.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Do you think the killer likes their camera being taken by a flashlight? No of course not. The Hag traps were designed to do that for a reason. They should not remove that feature. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    It's supposed to disorient you during a chase. Working as intended.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Working as intended.

Luckily not all killers are meant to be trash-tier and there are actually a few you can use

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

Working as intended.

Luckily not all killers are meant to be trash-tier and there are actually a few you can use

@DeadByFlashlight
    #########, u call the hag trash? She's actually good.
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Vietfox said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

Working as intended.

@DeadByFlashlight

###, u call the hag trash? She's actually good.

Read again, she is one of the few killers that are not meant to be trash tier :wink:

Still, she gets rekt by genrush sadly

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

Working as intended.

@DeadByFlashlight

Read again, she is one of the few killers that are not meant to be trash tier :wink:

@DeadByFlashlight
    She doesn't, when i play as the hag survivors rarely manage to complete all 5 gens. Just let them do 3 gens from a especific place and trap the other side.
  • Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Vietfox said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

Working as intended.

@DeadByFlashlight

Isn't it sad that some killers are "meant" to be trash tier? Can we simply accept the devs saying that "not all killers are meant to be competitive"? Are there any survivors not meant to be competitive?

• ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Do you think the killer likes their camera being taken by a flashlight? 
    Lol what? Those arent the same things
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    edited September 2018
    @ThisNotIt both take away the ability to see properly survivor main.. Actually Flashlights are even worse
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

You'd love rusty shackles...it doesn't disorient you :p

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    @HellDescent They'd probably both love and hate it at the same time lol. They'd end up calling it op though most likely 
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Raziel said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Vietfox said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

Working as intended.

@DeadByFlashlight

Isn't it sad that some killers are "meant" to be trash tier? Can we simply accept the devs saying that "not all killers are meant to be competitive"? Are there any survivors not meant to be competitive?

Well there is nothing you can do beside not buying DLCs anymore. Sadly killers are only 20% of the community and as long as survivors are gonna pay, they wont notice a whole in their wallet :wink:

• Raziel
    Raziel Member Posts: 100

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Raziel said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Vietfox said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

Working as intended.

@DeadByFlashlight

Well there is nothing you can do beside not buying DLCs anymore. Sadly killers are only 20% of the community and as long as survivors are gonna pay, they wont notice a whole in their wallet :wink:

I am sure that mentioning the game's weak points will help any competitors who plan on making similar games avoid making the same mistakes.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Raziel said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Vietfox said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

Working as intended.

@DeadByFlashlight

I think all killers should be viable AND fun, not viable OR fun.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    It's supposed to disorient you during a chase. Working as intended.

Agreed it is suppose to cause you to become disoriented and screw your camera up. I do however find this effect is over-tuned on console vs PC. I wouldn't mind if either the duration or camera lock was slightly lessened for console players. Either way it is working as intended.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    So that's why when I teleport to them I can smack a person half the time
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    So that's why when I teleport to them I can smack a person half the time
    You can also use it to force a person to take the wrong way around a loop or at an intersection.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Nice need to do that i work better on small.maps to large ones
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    If I’m playing against a hag, it’s crouching all the time. Urban evasion is basically a counter to hag. Running a universal counter build will help, for example, Sprint Burst, Self Care, Urban Evasion, Dance With Me.  Or if you’re weird, you can use decisive strike. 
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    I love it when survivors are using UE to move everywhere. It leaves my loop traps untouched for chases.
  • Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143

I absolutely do agree that the camera hijack shouldn't happen. I think it must of be done for the jump scares which to be fair was cool when Hag first came out but now really it becomes tedious the more you walk over it. Maybe if it was a separate addon called hypnotize or something I'd be alright with that and it drawing the camera in.

This discussion has been closed.