Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What Do You Predict The New Chapter Will Be?

SCP_FOR_DBD
SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

With the new chapter reveal likely coming this month I'd like to know what peoples prediction are. Mine is for candyman, I don't really care for him but hes got a lot going for him.

What Do You Predict The New Chapter Will Be? 58 votes

F13
3%
SillierHorizon5AggressiveFTW 2 votes
IT
8%
BabyCameron10Tru3Lemondoitagain_SkullKidAndevrr 5 votes
Candyman
44%
BardF60_31NekoGamerXNightmareRebornTaigaUistreelpalletsryummydiscopumpkin200anonymous31337Cornpopers_EvanEnderloganYTAwkward_FiendFluffySharkz_EobardThawneMapersonTotemsCleanserPoisonAshBirdFloxPior_Morte Antares2332 26 votes
The Thing
0%
Pumpkin Head
0%
Hell Raiser
0%
FNAF
5%
GlamourousLeviathanWiredGamerOnibubbabrotha 3 votes
Outlast
5%
malatruseSkysairExhenn 3 votes
Resident Evil
3%
DimekCutiaddu 2 votes
Other (Please Specify)
29%
AcromioTh3NightmareCheersZerLukasHellbughunterSneakyNeytrixLeonardo1itaDr_LoomisPadafuSamwise444redhex45Vox_NocturneMusicNerd_TCManyAchievablesMozziePawcelotPr0p3r9 17 votes

Comments

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Other (Please Specify)

I honestly.. don't care. Want to see BHVR do something about the horrendous matchmaking they got going on.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Other (Please Specify)

Although my heart says Candyman, my head says something original.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Candyman

Didn't some datamining confirm the chapter would be licensed?

• Cheers
  • SCP_FOR_DBD
    Candyman

Yeah, apparently this and next chapter should be licensed.

• Cheers
    Other (Please Specify)

I'm getting even more excited for this next chapter.

• SneakyNeytrix
    SneakyNeytrix Member Posts: 6
    Other (Please Specify)

This is very unlikely, but I personally think a “The Shining” Chapter would work! Jack is the perfect killer for this game, and honestly, who would not want someone like Wendy Torrance as a survivor!

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    IT

mattiew 1 said that he really wants pennywise to be in game so i got hope on that.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Other (Please Specify)

I want it to be the crimson king from the dark tower or even Dandelo or pennywise. PLEASE DEVS, ADD THE DARK TOWER!

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    Candyman

it be candyman pretty sure.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784
    Outlast

This is just wishful thinking on my part, but if only.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    Other (Please Specify)

I think it'll be a Stephen King property that is not IT or The Shining. He has a titanic bibliography, so who knows what it could be. Given that we've got another licence coming up after this, it could be that one instead. I don't have any other clue.

My biggest reason for suspecting a Stephen King property is the Deathslinger. Iirc, he was going to be called the Gunslinger originally, but they changed his name later in development. Gunslinger also happens to be the name of one of the books in King's Dark Tower series, so it seems plausible that the devs changed his name to something as goofy as Deathslinger for the specific purpose of not pissing off Stephen King. Seems logical that they would only bend over backwards like that if they did or hoped to have something in the works.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Candyman

Like I said before, I don't particularly WANT Candyman(TT is awesome though) but I've just got a huge feeling it's gonna be him. The number of cosmetics for both characters is really throwing me off though. So either they got a VERY lenient license to work with OR it's been a original chapter all along and they just haven't put in the shard amount yet.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402
    Resident Evil

I would love to see the nemesis from resident evil ngl

• MusicNerd_TC
    Other (Please Specify)

Exactly why I want Roland in dbd :).

• MusicNerd_TC
    Other (Please Specify)

Not going to lie, I have hope that the next chapter is the dark tower, just because of the person above me. I bet you this will be a teaser image for it,

This is the crimson king's sigul, so maybe this eye would be the teaser.

This is the crimson king himself

The survivor would be Roland Deschain, the gunslinger.

• BirdFlox
    BirdFlox Member Posts: 27
    Candyman

I already made a poll of this myself, it seems like most people agree that if the next chapter is licensed (which is kinda 50/50 right now with two leaks clashing against each other) it would be candyman. I'd like to give my reasons for why the others are unlikely.

F13: this is an extremely iconic killer, if he was added it would have absolutely been during the anniversary, not the three months after. the lawsuit against F13 also just recently ended, I doubt BHVR was working on that chapter before the lawsuit even ended.

IT: Stephen King is notorious for not giving out licenses, and all the games that WERE about his books had terrible reviews. BHVR has also stated that they've already asked for the license, but didn't get it.

The Thing: though the movie is incredibly well-known, there's not really one iconic killer, and it's arguably not even a slasher film. the power also seems difficult to make.

Pumpkin Head: honestly never heard of this movie before, so idk how possible this license would be

FNAF: technically possible, but I feel like it's unlikely that BHVR would have started working on it at a time where the idea was looked down on way more, it was only fairly recently that people started opening up to it. the license would also probably be reserved for when the film comes out, as so far all killers have had at least one movie and it'd probably generate a lot more hype.

Hellraiser: never watched it, but it definitely seems possible as BHVR has hinted at it a lot, even if just to throw us off. probably my second pick for the most possible next chapter.

Outlast: doesn't really have one iconic killer and all of the enemies are just humans with basic weapons, so they don't have special abilities that could be used as a power.

Resident Evil: with project resistance coming out, the chances of this happening are very small. that game's already a 4v1 asymmetrical multiplayer horror game, working with dbd would seriously hurt their sales tremendously.

• BirdFlox
    BirdFlox Member Posts: 27
    Candyman

Stephen King is absurdly hard to get a license from, BHVR already tried and failed, so I doubt that if they did get the rights to one of his works they'd go for the Dark Tower instead of the much more iconic Pennywise or Jack Torrance.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Other (Please Specify)

Not a prediction... but LEPRECHAUN PLEASE BHVR

• PyramidHead
    PyramidHead Member Posts: 29
    Candyman

Would love to see a Shining chapter. Jack is one of my most wanted killers and an Overlook Hotel map would be great.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Other (Please Specify)

I'll go with Alien, but in all honesty I may as well print out posters of every horror-related bit of media, become blind-folded, spin around several times, wander around a bit and pick up a poster. That'll probably give me just as much a chance.

• MusicNerd_TC
    Other (Please Specify)

The dark tower is iconic though, and they can make much more cosmetics.

• JustSmegs
    JustSmegs Member Posts: 4
    Candyman

my little heart wants them all but its probably candyman

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    Other (Please Specify)

They need to spend a chapter to fix the game as a whole before introducing new content.

• PoisonAsh
    PoisonAsh Member Posts: 60
    Candyman

Candyman, please God!!!

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    FNAF

After seeing how much the community was hyped about Springtrap, I wouldn't doubt that the devs would make this come true. Also, FNAF doesn't seem like an expensive ip such as Saw or Nightmare on Elm Street, so I think it would make sense to just drop Springtrap in the game like they did with Leatherface and Ghostface.

In the beggining, I was againt putting a FNAF character in the game. However, after considering it, I think it would be a nice addition.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Candyman

I wish it was FNAF but it will probably be Candyman.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Other (Please Specify)

Duck Tales.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Other (Please Specify)

I'd love it to be an original character

• FluffySharkz_
    FluffySharkz_ Member Posts: 48
    Candyman

Candyman would make the most sense since it's coming out in September and so is the new candyman movie.

Also I doubt we'd ever get a FNAF chapter just because the only good candidate for the survivor would be Michael Afton, and we don't really know anything about his appearance other than he's a white guy with brown hair.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Candyman

I always envisioned a FNAF chapter coming with a killer and map. Kinda like how Ghost Face and Ash are considered chapters. I do agree that its probably Candy Man, hes got so much going for him.

• FluffySharkz_
    FluffySharkz_ Member Posts: 48
    Candyman

I'm not sure where but I know they said they don't want to do paragraphs or partial chapters like AVED or Ghostface anymore, only full chapters.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Candyman

I keep hearing that as well, I'm not not sure about it though. Even without that FNAF is still unlikely. With it only being popular recently and the amount of dislike for it.

• redhex45
    redhex45 Member Posts: 61
    Other (Please Specify)

I prolly think Xenomorph and Ellen Ripley (or Elizabeth Shaw), but again we never know

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Other (Please Specify)

Another power-gauge laughing stock.