Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does anybody still use ruin?

Imo totems are pretty much useless since they spawn in stupid places get destroyed in the beginning of the game, even with the addition of haunted ground(some people will break it even if there's no other hex perk just to get points). I just use pop goes the weasel to slow down the gens. I think even thanatophobia is more useful then ruin.

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'm running it far less on high ranks because 1: its found within the first 10 seconds of a match or 2: Experienced survivors just work through it.

I'll use it during a rank reset or event simply because all the new players at least get you some value from the perk.

Even with Hex: Haunted Ground it doesn't last long.

• Yes it’s on all my killers. 

Though I have been thinking about replacing with Pop.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    literally 50%+ of all rank1 killers, including me, run ruin
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I see Ruin usually 2 out of 3 games.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    If u think it's not worth it don't use it. I do use it because most of the times i manage to get the average of 2-3 hooks before survivors destroy it.
  • Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Imo totems are pretty much useless since they spawn in stupid places get destroyed in the beginning of the game, even with the addition of haunted ground(some people will break it even if there's no other hex perk just to get points). I just use pop goes the weasel to slow down the gens. I think even thanatophobia is more useful then ruin.

I never use ruin. Thanatophobia + dying light or BBQ + dying light
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

I don't use Ruin anymore. It's a boring perk, not that effective, and I don't like an idea of a perk doing the job instead of me. If I use a hex, I rather play Devour Hope, pressure is much better and at least it's because of my skills if I manage to use it quickly. Pop Goes the Weasel is also a good stall alternative.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    I just use maps that track belongings
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Nah, it's not worth the risk to me until totem spawns aren't so broken.
    I'm happier with pop or thana (Yes I am aware it's barely noticeable as a debuff, but survivors hate the red bar and will spend that time healing instead).

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

This pm i got from one survivor will answer your question. It was when playing as the hag and survivors died before destroying Ruin.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Never did use it seriously.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Vietfox said:
    This pm i got from one survivor will answer your question. It was when playing as the hag and survivors died before destroying Ruin.

That's probably coming from an SB, DS & SC user. :p

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

HEX:RUIN

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    I use overcharge and PGTW
  • Link
    Link Member Posts: 135
    edited September 2018

i run ruin simply cause of the fact that it slows the game down. even if they work through it and can land great skill checks it doesnt give them the boost. And pretty much 100% of the time there is always 1 survivor who is going to try and find it. Even if it is found they are wasting their time getting rid of the hex while i chase survivors. These seconds count

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I use Ruin and Thrill Of The Hunt together, seems like a really good combination because people keep coming back to the totems to destroy them, instead of working on generators :')

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2018

I don't use it because it's really not as good, as people make it look.
    1)Ruin's totem can spawn right near the survivour with you being on another part of the map, leading to you playing with 3 perks and survivour having 1K bp.
    2)Repairing through Ruin doesn't make you much slower at repairing gens: you get ~4-5 skillchecks which leads to you repairing a gen for 35 seconds longer IF you hit the normal zone, which doesn't really make a difference, since first 2~3 gens will pop early anyway.
    3)To have it working you need to defend it. If you won't defend it, it won't last for a long time, but if you'll try to defend it, it'll only help survivours find it, and you'll waste your time not chasing survivours that are actually repairing.

I'll better take some chase oriented perks or something else, instead of super risky nothing, and try to play agressive, instead of hoping that survivours didn't find your totem yet and wasting time on cheking your totem.

I think NOED is helping me to delay the game more than ruin, since it needs all 5 totems to be broken. But if survivours didn't waste their time on totems, you'll save your time instead. this perk actually is a win-win, but not Ruin.

Though, I don't usually use it in my builds, since I try to make as many early hooks/kills as I can.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Only character I run it on is Clown - and that's because I don't have anything else I want to run in that slot.

I generally don't like using Ruin to slow down the game because spawn RNG can screw me more often than not and I'd rather have that slot taken up by something else.

Remove some of the stupid spawns (like the hill lighthouse... why the ######### is that still a thing?!) and I might run it more.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Only character I run it on is Clown - and that's because I don't have anything else I want to run in that slot.

I generally don't like using Ruin to slow down the game because spawn RNG can screw me more often than not and I'd rather have that slot taken up by something else.

Remove some of the stupid spawns (like the hill lighthouse... why the [BAD WORD] is that still a thing?!) and I might run it more.

Yea spawns are annoying. Imo they need to buff thrill of the hunt; have an icon for killer which totem's which

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I like Blood Warden instead. It leads to fun scenarios vs ruin which is just frustrating when it gets blown up instantly.

Only problem with BW is it's useless vs SWF so ruin is better there imo.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Honestly, why even bother running Hex: Ruin? Just use No One Escapes Death.

It's more punishing than Hex:Ruin and not AS easily countered.

I mean, I'm the only one who cleanses totems and guess what props because nobody bothers having a secondary objective? Everyone else but me :(

But yeah nah, I never bother with Ruin. Not good enough.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    I think haunted grounds has peaked the use of Ruin. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Brady said:

I mean, I'm the only one who cleanses totems and guess what props because nobody bothers having a secondary objective? Everyone else but me :(

I think noed takes the fun out of the game. I only use it on Leatherface

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Everyone on ps4.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Brady said:

Because NOED is the most boring killer perk in the game imo.

I don't want to win the game as a killer. I just want to play a game that doesn't last 3-4 mins even if I win.

I would prefer 2k 10 min match over a 4k 3-4 min match.

• Darksilk
    Darksilk Member Posts: 9
    I run ruin to give me time to start putting pressure on the survivors and time to find the 3 gens closest to each other.  
  • I run ruin more now that haunted ground is out and it makes a big difference. Also, the instadown effect that you get when they break the wrong one is nice and even better if ruin is also still up. I don't rely on ruin to stay up all game, i just enough time to build some momentum.

That being said, I find that running remember me with rancor is very powerful as well as the 30 secs you get from remember me is longer than ruin stays up sometimes and with rancor, if the obsession is still alive, you can get an easy kill if you happen across them. Multiple different ways to get the same results and none of them work every time. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018

I prefer to not use Ruin but it's currently the only killer perk to affect gens that has any impact on the game. Nothing else really works to slow down the game, except Dying Light but that's hard AF to proc.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    edited September 2018
    It's either ruin or noed in most of my games. If there is no ruin then I immediately assume noed is being used.
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    I stopped using it a long time ago. I noticed that in most matches Ruin was gone less than a minute into the game, unless i was playing rank 15-20.

I'll use it if I don't have anything better on that killer, but most of the time my primary slowdown perk is Sloppy Butcher.
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

All the killers I have to face are running Ruin almost all the time. Its annoying but I prefer NOED instead.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Don’t really use it anymore. Not worth it. If it doesn’t get auto destroyed, Survivors just Gen Tap it or whatever. I just use Hex : Haunted Grounds and Devour Hope.

They either get stupid lucky and get the right totem off the bat, or Devour Hope gets it’s third token, and all hell breaks loose. 

Though I still have to get three hooks in that time and some significant progress. Which isn’t easy in today’s Gen Rush meta. Average game without Ruin is 4-5 minutes. With Ruin, 8 Minutes. So I have to get three hooks in about 3 minutes. 
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I do use it recently with hag it's a very good combo with dh slows them and if I can keep my dh and get 3 token's insta downs 5 mori
  • FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Sometimes, though good survivors can still work through it. When I have more perks that help me in a chase it's better for me.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

Sometimes, though good survivors can still work through it. When I have more perks that help me in a chase it's better for me.

I wish people would just ignore it like that lol
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Most rank 1 killers use it and depending on rng, how good the killer and other survivors are it can last the whole trial.