Placing all bets, who is the next killer/survivor?

The PTB and teasers should be coming soon, and the chapter was confirmed to be licensed from leaks, we haven't had a clue who is this next killer or survivor, but who do you want next? Or who do you think is next?

I want it to be a dark tower chapter, and although this might be farfetched, here's my reasoning. The deathslinger was originally called the gunslinger, and since BHVR didn't want to piss S.K off, they changed his name to the deathslinger. If they want the most iconic Stephen King book to be implemented into dbd, it would be the dark tower.

The killer would probably be the crimson king, Dandelo, Mordred Deschain or Dandelo, and the survivor would be Roland (the gunslinger).

However, I think Candyman is the most likely to come to dbd, since he has a movie coming soon.

Comments

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

The new killer will be one of the Devs. We get to upload ourselves as the survivors. The new map will be a development studio.

This is a joke by the way.

I would love to have a stephen king chapter. I think Derry Sewers would be a great map. The dark tower would be an interesting map. Overlook Hotel, and the school from Carrie. We could also get the cemetery from Pet Sematary.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I like originals more as well, I think the only license I want is a Stephen King license and that's it.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

A lot of convincing reasons have been given to make me believe it's likely to be Candyman. I don't remember the exact specifics, but it was a really believable theory that he was originally going to be the killer for the last chapter but his movie got moved and so it made more sense to release him later. But then again, the movie release has again been moved so maybe they'll delay him again if that theory was true.

• MusicNerd_TC

I don't get why people want Jason in the game so much. He is pretty bland and boring.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

I mean, when the game comes out of Early Access then Try To Fall Asleep would be the only liscence I want. That game legitimately terrified me (even if I was the only one there that was lmao) and there's actually a surprising amount of lore they can use already despite the game being halfway done.

• MusicNerd_TC

The Derry Sewers map would be pretty cool, but I don't know how they would implement it. The Overlook hotel would be ######### amazing, imagine if the twins appeared in hallways as an easter egg. I'm not sure about the school from Carry yet, but the cemetary from pet semetary would be awesome, since we haven't got a cemetary or a cursed burial ground. The dark tower map would be my favourite, the rose fields, the tower, everything would be amazing.

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

I agree there are so many easter eggs that could be implemented in Overlook. I do feel that most of Stephen King possible maps would be indoor locations. I know I am somewhat in the minority of liking indoor maps. Don't know if people would be excited for some of those ideas given the back lash on other indoor maps. The cemetery idea was the only one I could think of on short notice that was outdoors. Likewise, I am trying to think of places that aren't in game yet.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

Do you have the same to say of Myers?

While Myers is classic, Jason was similar but would have far more options for him as far as skins powers etc...

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

When I was growing up, I never watched horror movies, that was till I walked in on my dad watching F13, I had nightmares for a week. Overtime my love slowly grew for the series, A simple revenge plot mixed in with cool kills against sad characters. When I think of horror, I think of Jason. I believe a poll also said Jason was the most popular horror icon, to me the roster just won't be complete until we get him. While I understand other people wanting something else, I want Jason.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    edited August 2020

If not for the constant movie release push back I would have bet money on Candyman, its still the most likely and if not now then probably the next one since that one has been data mined to probably be a licensed character again. I just dont know if the release will coincide with the movie release thats all. Not that Candyman is the one I want, I find him kind of boring since I had never heard of him before the DBD "hype train". He isn't that well known outside the US in general.

• MusicNerd_TC

Halloween 1 was a masterpiece of horror. The remake recently was amazing as well. Every F13 movie was the same. All of them have the same plot, and the first F13 wasn't that good either. Just my opinion though.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

If the game dies because of 1 missed content drop that was instead replaced by bug fixing, perk reworks/killer reworks, the game is already a failure.

TF2 hasn't had a major content drop in over 1000 days and it's doing particularly well.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    edited August 2020

I would LOVE a Ghostbusters theme:

Killer: Vigo the Carpathian

Survivor: Ghostbusters, where you can swap skins of the squad the way you do with The Legion.

For map, it could be the art museum, or Library from the 1st movie.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

No. The playerbase only drops because they take months to fix most problems. If they released patchs during an entire month the playerbase will still remain high.

What causes playerdrop from most games is the devs ignoring the game without any update or new. If they managed to take just one month to launch new patches every week most problems will be solved. But instead they keep acumulating more and more problems.

• ThatPigMain
    ThatPigMain Member Posts: 8

Who I Personally Want: Pennywise

Who I personally think it will be: sadly Candyman

• MatthewGames18
    MatthewGames18 Member Posts: 27

I bet it going to be pennywise cause I be dying for him to come to the game and I he be perfect for this game

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

I don’t really want it to be Candyman but I think it might be

• voorheesgt

I'm not asking about writing or screenplay... Myers is not a less boring killer than Jason. I do agree about the film though.

• voorheesgt

From the info... Candyman. I think pinhead would be a blast if done right...

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Alien or Springtrap

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

if helen dont come with the candyman chapter....IM GONNA CRY.

My bet is for candyman but can be anyone.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I'm going to, once again, go out on a limb here and say that, while I don't particularly WANT it(it's cool if you do, just think there are more unique picks out there) I've got a feeling it's Candyman. It'll probably be based on the original film with Helen as the survivor and, obviously, Candyman as the killer. As I said though, still think there are FAR more unique licenses they could grab.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Probably Candyman *sigh*

• caleido
    caleido Member Posts: 1

I would like to have an The Other World Chapter, with Beldam as the killer and Coraline as survivor (both not from the movie but from the book). I would definitely buy it.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

If they fixed bugs, people could enjoy the game. They need to rebuild some of their code. Then even if bugs appeared, it wouldn’t take 3 years to fix them. Like...how long has sound been f’ed now???

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Fully agree. We need more Oni/spirit level creations. As for my prediction. I think it'll be very left field, someone we'll not be able to guess. Hope its jeepers Creepers

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I prefer original a lot more than licensed.

That said, it's probably Candyman. Which would be disappointing to me.

If it's for sure licensed, I hope it's Alien or Resident Evil.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

I'd like oni and spirit level of linked lore.

I'd absolutely ######### hate oni and spirit level of powers.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I’m really hoping it’s Alien.

Xenomorph as killer

Ripley as survivor

Alien invaded Space station map.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 956

I have taken a snapshot pic and will (probably not) hold you to this claim 🥴

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Hope its not candyman. Pretty below average. Pin head, creeper, alien, jason, lipstick face, wayne rooney, all better options.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

Whoever the killer is gonna be, I hope we get a male survivor since the past 3 were all females.

• Nicnac
    Nicnac Member Posts: 15

-Candyman is really likely in my opinion. He's really requested, decently iconic, and would also promote his new movie coming out this year.

-Hellraiser/Pinhead is slept on, in my opinion. I think it's certainly iconic enough, would have sick as hell gameplay and a unique flair to the visuals.

-Alien/Xenomorph is a maybe and I really hope it does, but FOX might save it for the Predator game. In the same vein I don't think Predator is happening due to being the star of his game.

-Chucky could theoretically happen, he's certainly iconic and popular enough, but he'd require a huge gameplay change that I'm not sure would work.

-Jason is still in legal hell but apparently that's coming to a close soon-ish. Now that his game's dead in the water (a lot like him, haha) I think he's one of the likeliest licenses next year.

-Five Nights at Freddy's is in the same boat as Jason in that it's probably not happening this year but I think it'll be a big player next year. You can complain that it's a kiddy series or whatever but it's one of gaming's biggest horror franchises, belongs to a dev who would surely be OK with BHVR using his IP, and is still pretty popular 6 years after creation.

-Resident Evil isn't hugely likely in my eyes. Capcom are seemingly really open with their IPs guest starring in other properties but RE Resistance does exist and Capcom may not be up for promoting a rival asymmetric horror game.

-Steven King has said no to BHVR several times when they've asked for Pennywise, if I'm remembering correctly. If that's true what makes the next times any different? It's a shame that he's not more open to collaborate because IT (as well as The Shining and Carrie) would both fit excellently into this game.

-Leprechaun would be really really funny but he runs into the Chucky problem of being too short to work without drastically changing gameplay.

-Psycho/Norman Bates is really cool in theory but I'm not really sure what he'd do to make him unique.

-Jeepers Creepers would have been an excellent choice were it not for the fact that the director of the films is a convicted pedophile and doesn't deserve to have his work put into what is becoming the Horror Hall of Fame.

-I'd love a Final Destination survivor. Not much you can do killer-wise.

-I think I heard something about a Hack/Slash crossover? Not familiar with it at all but it could be cool I guess?

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Most-likely candyman, but I'm still holding out for predator or a xenomorph. If it's a Stephen King killer then I hope it's Christine :D

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 956

Thee Abominable Yeti!!

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

I feel like a lot of you guys are about to be disappointed. Just remember, you can hope for whoever you want, but keep expectations in check.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :D

Seriously though, can we NOT have a repeat of what happened with the chapter 16 announcement fiasco?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

PLEASE LET IT BE XENOMOPH 🥺

• CountInzwilt
    CountInzwilt Member Posts: 30

I always hope for Darth Vader. He would fit so well, and it gives me chills when I Imagine hearing him breathing when he's near. Of course it will never happen because of Disney, but it would be awesome!

Another great choice would be John Wick. Michael Myers might be the Boogeyman. But John Wick is the one you sent to kill the Boogeyman. He is a man of focus, commitment and sheer will. Just imagine: He killed 3 people at once with only a pen!

But I think it will be Candyman. It's a solid choice and he can be a good chapter too.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Candyman!

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Candyman is very likely.

and I don’t understand people who say he would be boring or bland, you don’t know what kind of power he might get, from the movies there’s so much potential (bees/mirrors/other world or dimension) and that comes from someone who never watched any movie.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

I would say Candyman, but I don't think we are gonna see him until the movie releases. Not sure what the current release date for the movie is, but if it has been postponed again I think the devs plans are gonna change & we will get something else (whether it be licensed or original). It could still be Candyman even if the movie does get postponed again, cause I mean in theory that could also be good advertising for the movie to those who are forgetting about it releasing in the near future.

• Harkonnen
    Harkonnen Member Posts: 4

Personally, I'd love to see a Cylon Centurion from the 2003 Battlestar Galactica Series as Killer with maybe Saul Tigh as the survivor. The map would of course be the inside of the worlds famous Battlestar Galactica. Imagine being chased around the corridors and certain locations of the Galactica by a 7' tall killing machine with long metal claws. That would be awesome.

Just please don't let it be Candyman...