Proposal - New Survivor - Pratyush "Prat" Chaturvedi

PoisonAsh
PoisonAsh Member Posts: 60

Hi all!

I would like to propose a new Survivor character.

Hope you like him and suggest ways of improving him/making him more credible.

I have attached a photo after my proposal write-up for you all, just to get an idea of how he might look like. I have not drawn it myself, just got it from the internet.

Name: Pratyush Chaturvedi. (Nickname: Prat.)

Place of Origin: Uttar Pradesh, India.

Race: Indian. Hair colour: Black. Eyes: Black.

Height: Almost 6 ft.

Body-type: Lean and sporty

Skills before entering the Realm: Gifted footballer.

Prat has lost his father in a plane crash at an early age, soon after his sister was born. He was eight, then.

His mother works long hours for her beauty business, and although she has managed to make their lives financially comfortable, she barely has time for him and his younger brother and sister.

Prat soon became a father figure to his siblings. He practically raised them. Both of them now study in his school, itself.

Prat is intelligent and is known to be kind and helpful to everyone he meets. He also speaks less. All this was the effect of losing his father at an early age and the aftermath. As a student he isn't the one who gets good grades, despite his teachers vouching for his intelligence.

Prat has always been passionate in football (In India, football is what soccer is to the USA). Soon, he got an opportunity to play for the school team and excelled in it. The team became very successful with him joining it. Everyone was expecting him to carry on with the sport professionally, after finishing school.

One day, he got an opportunity to visit a school in Delhi, for an inter-school match. His brother also went with him to Delhi.

Then an unfortunate incident happened. Just before the match.

Prat needed to go to the restroom. The corridor on the third floor, through which one needed to walk to the restroom nearest to the locker-room was very dark, despite a few blinking tube-lights. No one else was there. After using the restroom, Prat headed towards the field in the darkness, where everyone was waiting for the match to start.

Suddenly, he felt dizzy and he felt as if he was pushed to a side, towards the railing. The railing was broken. Prat fell and lost consciousness. He did feel the bones of one of his legs breaking, before he lost his consciousness.

Prat had no idea when he regained his consciousness. He saw blood in his hands, his football jersey bloody and muddy. He did not feel any bodily pain. His legs were absolutely fine. He did remember that he fell in the darkness, his match is about to start. He looked around. This place looks absolutely unfamiliar. Where the heck is he? Where is the stadium? Where are the people and the sounds?...

Possible Perk Suggestions:

1. "Let me In" - He can lock a locker after getting inside it, for as long as he can, only twice in a game. This prevents the Killer to open the locker during this perk.
  2. If a generator has been damaged and "regressed" by the Killer, and if he joins another survivor in repairing that particular generator, that regression rate cancels.
  3. "Human Shield" - If he has two or more survivors behind him and if they confront Killer, he hits an unknown energy-blast towards the Killer, while shielding those two or more survivors behind him. The Killer is stunned for 3 seconds. This could only be done twice in a particular game. Also, during this perk, the Pallets on that whole map disappear for 20 seconds. They come back after that.
  4. He is immune to the vomit of The Plague. When The Plague is the killer, the Human Shield perk cannot be activated.

Would love to know the suggestions of you guys. Perks/More character Development etc.

Image courtesy: https://www.pngwing.com/en/free-png-brxvs

Comments

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49

I'll only mention the issues with the perks I can see:

1. The lock needs some sort of timer, or the survivor can hold the game hostage. Perhaps 20 seconds, would be enough of a deterrent to urge the killer away, though they could still choose to waste twenty seconds and then pull you out. Interesting base idea, though.
    2. I'm not sure what this means. The regression rate is canceled the moment survivors touch a generator. If you mean like, restores the generator progress lost to Pop or Surge or something, I don't believe that's viable mechanically.
    3. This perk would not be used by anyone. It is strictly a SWF bully perk, and not a very good one at that. It would need a trigger for activation as well, which would likely be a secondary ability button or something, and it would create a host of issues such as where is 'behind' the survivor.
    4. A perk specifically to counter one killer can not exist. If you're saying this is just a fact about him as a survivor, survivors do not have unique abilities to counter specific killers. Only difference is appearance.