Does anyone actually enjoy solo queue at the moment?

Options
arslaN
arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I really hope that new MMR system is coming soon because it has come to the point where I'm getting more annoyed and frustrated than I'm actually having fun. In most of my matches I get teammates that belong in rank 20-15 at best. They usually go down in 10 seconds even to the weakest killers, they refuse to do gens and a lot of times they don't even save me off the hook.

There were always a lot of bad survivors at red ranks but after that rank reset change it has become seriously unbearable. I still fail to see why that rank reset change was necessary because the only thing it did was screw over solo players. At least revert that change until the new MMR system is implemented, nobody asked for it anyway and I'm sure no one would complain if it was reverted.

Comments

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Yes, this is why Swf exist

• arslaN
    Options
  • DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Nope, swf is the only way to enjoy the survivor role. Well let's say swf is less frustating when versing garbage maps, killers, moris etc but solo is frustating enough by its own.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

I solo q killer all the time

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350
    Options

I solo Q and I have a Goode experience as both killer and survivor but sometimes there is that ######### match also I dislike SWF a lot, not my type.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

I'm having no issues with Solo. Or at least no issues that aren't the normal issues of being Solo...

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I'm enjoying killer just fine

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

I'm finding it fun atm.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Options

Except for the 10 min wait yes I do.

• arslaN
    Options

Waiting ages for a match and then playing with potato teammates is extremely common for me. Maybe I wouldn't mind the bad teammates as much if the queue times weren't so long.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

When we get a good one we do!

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Barely, sometimes you get a good team and then your experience is holding M1 on gens while someone you can't even see is off running the killer somewhere. It's rare you get a great solo Q team where you can see the effort, i.e. someone staying behind to save you when you are the last person downed. Or someone pallet / flashlight saving you out of nowhere.

Alot of the times you get full potato teams that hide in lockers and do almost nothing all game, even at high ranks, and you would not even be aware of it unless you were running bond + open handed. With that combo you can actually see people walking doing absolutely nothing while the obsession is being chased, giving everyone else a full indicator to do gens.

I pretty much only play duo Q or SWF.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

not really enjoying it most of the times.

mostly because of sweaty killers or self-proclaimed pro survivors that are actually the worst antimates (and mostly the ones accusing everyone else as „potato“)

there can be fun matches though, which can make up for it. I also recommend trying to befriend survs you had good matches with and then play SWF with them (no comms necessary but also possible I guess)

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

I enjoy solo q except for having a 3 man join with 1 red and 2 potato. Why as rank 1 solo must I be subjected to 2 low ranks who can do nothing but crouch and run at hooks. For the love of god let everyone (survivor and killer) opt out of playing with swf. The entire experience would improve

• arslaN
    Options

I used to play with random people I met in the game but unfortunately, this game is not popular in my country at all so those people are always from other countries and I'm lucky if they even know english. We usually play for a few weeks and then don't play anymore for some reason.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    Options

it’s tough. every game takes 15+ minutes to find, then you’ll get paired with baby survivors, or you get tunneled and Mori’d off the hook. it feels like a waste of time sometimes. I play with friends when I can, they’re just other solo survivors I’ve met through playing. try sending gg to your teammate when you notice they did well, it’s easy to make friends and find people to SWF with on this game. but I play on Xbox so maybe that’s why.

also lately when I play solo, I’ve been having an issue of being paired with 3 rank 19-20 survivors and a rank 20 killer. I’m a rank 2.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

Solo is awful

at least with SWF I know who im playing with and the skill levels, with solo, i dont even get ranks anymore, i'd rather "just play a different game"

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Options

Yea I guess I'm use to bad teammates playing either side of this game

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    Options

Lol i feel you on that, one of my best dbd friends is French so we can’t actually communicate since he doesn’t know English but it just helps to know you have a guy on the team who will for sure get you off the hook and do gens.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020
    Options

Sadly I don't know anyone that will play DBD with me. Had a lot of edgy and horror loving friends growing up, but that was a couple of decades ago and they have all moved into other things.

So I can't say Solo Q is bad because it is all I have ever known. It is fresh and unpredictable at least?

Post edited by domai36 on
  • arslaN
    Options

I actually managed to convince some of my friends to try the game before but they just play for a few hours and then never touch the game again. This game is not beginner friendly at all so I can't blame them.

• TheChosen0N3
    TheChosen0N3 Member Posts: 98
    Options

The new mmr is only for killers......just be thankful that you arent on xbox because its on gamepass so every little timmy can just play it and not know what they're doing at all

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited August 2020
    Options

game is killer sided against solo player. Especially with the new mmr that put rank 20 in your team against a red/purple killer

It's literally 1v3 (that is if the other players are even decent).

a new player should never be in a veteran game, his experience is ruined and he ruin the match for the other players.

Like seriously it's just 3 free pop for the killer.

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

I enjoy solo queue. However, My experience with the MMR so far has not been the norm from the posts on the forums and watching streamers play.

• Popcornchicken11
    Popcornchicken11 Member Posts: 110
    Options

I've only been playing solo queue since the mmr came out, and its been super easy because the game is putting me with good teammates and rank 20 killers.